Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xwing95/TIE95 Doesn't Draw Polygons with 3D Acceleration On

Page: 1 of 1
 edgeofblade
07-24-2010, 9:37 PM
So, I've done the MSI install, I've installed the compatibility fix.

When I went to set the 3D accelerator in the launcher, it only said "Primary Display Driver". I pushed though that and set the 3D Accelerator in game. Now, when I play, all I see is the starfield and no ship models.

Did I do something wrong?

W7 Ult. 64bit, Nvidia 9800 GT
 Wildstar
07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
You may need the new "XWA Hacker" too, which includes fixes for the graphics in not only XWA but the other Windows games in the series, as well (it will NOT work for DOS X-Wing and TIE Fighter). Head to this link (http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9625&start=100) and find the file attachment on one of the posts (it's a long thread, but I linked the page the file attachment appears on).
 edgeofblade
07-26-2010, 1:22 PM
Many thanks Wildstar, and much gratitude for supporting such an old game like this.

I'll give this a try when I get home today.
 edgeofblade
07-26-2010, 9:47 PM
The graphics fix works... but only in the training maze. Namely because I can't target anything. I went slogging through that thread, but I don't see a solution for my NEW problem. In that thread, whywhyme described it as: "as soon as I target something the game gets super jumpy and a few seconds later will crash".

Can you help me jump to the solution, if there is one.
 Wildstar
07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Only thing I can suggest is to post in the thread I pointed you to, b/c I haven't seen anything like what you've described.
Page: 1 of 1