Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Shapeshifting"

Page: 1 of 1
 Hope Estheim
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
For a Mod that I was wanting to release, I was wanting to make a "Kotor version of Proxy" ^^ hehe and to do that, I need to know the correct script, and I dunno how to go about this.
 harIII
04-08-2010, 7:20 AM
I know that there isn't a script function to change your appearance but you can go about this in a different and more annoying fashion. You need to make some kind of item, let's just say a robe for example. In that robe make a disguise property of whoever you want Proxy to look like. Then you need a script to add the item to the inventory as well as equip it. That should make the droid "change its appearance." Then when you want it to stop just have a script to remove the item from the inventory.

If there is another way I'm not sure, I hope this helps.
 Star Admiral
04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Have a look at the EffectDisguise() function. You'll need to look up the appearances you want in the appearance.2da file.

- Star Admiral
 Druganator
04-08-2010, 1:37 PM
Could you change the characters stealth function to change their appearance instead of making them invisible? I don't know if it is possible but I thought I'd put in my two cents.
 Holty1-5
04-08-2010, 1:58 PM
My Only suggestion is to look at the Dialog from the Hunter on Kashyyyk and then the script that changes his apperence :D
 Hope Estheim
04-08-2010, 3:14 PM
My Only suggestion is to look at the Dialog from the Hunter on Kashyyyk and then the script that changes his apperence :D

Hahah... I was really hoping someone wouldn't say that :P

xD I hate decompiling scripts, it confuses me xD
 harIII
04-08-2010, 6:55 PM
I've noticed the script function (EffectDisguise) but I thought it didn't work, cut out of the game, or something. Does it really work?
 Hope Estheim
04-08-2010, 7:08 PM
Well there is the "Shapeshifting" Force Power mod... so I think it does?
 Star Admiral
04-08-2010, 7:22 PM
Yes indeed, EffectDisguise() works. :) More efficient than equipping/unequipping armor with a disguise property.

- Star Admiral
 harIII
04-08-2010, 9:20 PM
Wow, that's awesome, I might apply that in my K1 recruitment mod I've been working on for some time now.
 Star Admiral
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Now that I'm home, here is an example of the script. To disguise someone, use something like this:

void main() {
effect eDisguise = EffectDisguise( 4 );
ApplyEffectToObject( DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eDisguise, GetObjectByTag( "tagofnpc" ), 120.00 );
}

The 4 comes from the fourth entry in the appearance.2da file, which is Bastila's appearance. You can change that to whatever entry you wish in that 2DA file. The 120.00 is the duration in seconds. Feel free to adjust that to whatever number you wish. Note that an infinitely long duration isn't possible, but a really long duration can simulate the effect.

I'm not sure whether multiple disguises can be applied on top of one another, and how the effects will stack, but I think it would be best to remove one disguise before starting another. Either wait for the appearance to expire on its own, or use this function to get rid of it early.

void main() {
oTarget = GetObjectByTag( "tagofnpc" );
effect eBuff = GetFirstEffect( oTarget );
while( GetIsEffectValid( eBuff ) ) {
if( GetEffectType( eBuff ) == EFFECT_TYPE_DISGUISE )
RemoveEffect( oTarget, eBuff );
eBuff = GetNextEffect( oTarget );
}
}

Hope that helps. :)

- Star Admiral
 Darth Avlectus
04-09-2010, 2:59 AM
If you're going to "Proxy" HK-47, you might complete it with that one mod that gives his model the ability to use melee weapons and lightsabers.
 Hope Estheim
04-09-2010, 6:59 AM
If you're going to "Proxy" HK-47, you might complete it with that one mod that gives his model the ability to use melee weapons and lightsabers.

It's not HK.... it's a completely different droid.
Page: 1 of 1