Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Upgrade Skins Outside Citadel Station

Page: 1 of 1
 Sith Holocron
10-25-2009, 4:38 PM
When looking out the windows of Citadel Station, I was mostly impressed that they had flying vehicles in traffic patterns outside. However some of the in-game skins leave a lot to be desired.

Some examples:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/scarletguard/Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic/CitadelStationSkinUpgrade.jpg)

This very low resolution picture for the deck (highlighted in red) certainly could improved, couldn't it? The pipe that just ends in space could always be attached to the building too but let's not get too picky. (LOL)

Also the buildings in the background - highlighted here in green - wouldn't suffer at all with an upgrade.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/scarletguard/Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic/CitadelStationSkinUpgrade2.jpg)

Of course, two versions would have to be made - one for the standard Citadel Station and one for the version where it's under attack (and all the red lights are on)
 Lord2
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I really don't mind the second picture. But the first one on the other hand...

I think it's supposed to be grass and pipes but it sure doesn't look like it. Would it be too much to ask to add some details on the buildings, like a sensor?

Support!
 Lord Dagron
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks awesome.
 Master_ Tyvokka
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah I have noticed that too, it would be great if someone made some new textures for that area.
 jinger
10-27-2009, 4:17 AM
This very low resolution picture for the deck (highlighted in red) certainly could improved, couldn't it?Definitely. Couldn't hurt making those pipes a little longer either.
 Xarwarz
10-30-2009, 11:19 PM
 Sith Holocron
10-31-2009, 2:11 AM
Any way to show these in game?
 Quanon
11-01-2009, 12:27 PM
That one texture( shown in the first picture) does need a sort of update, its quiet ugly.
And IIRC, it gets used in the docka area, the long hallway that connects the 3 docks => In the ceiling.

I think those are 1 and the same. Perhaps I'll play around with it, see what I can do.
The second part doesn't bother me so much in game. The players view from inside the Citadel I think you never can see those pipes.

Though proof me wrong ;)
Adjusting models from the game is tricky, our tools aren't fully OK for that sort of thing.
No doubt we'll break more then fix.
 Sith Holocron
11-03-2009, 11:16 PM
That one texture (shown in the first picture) does need a sort of update, it is quite ugly.

Might anyone know the names of these particular textures?
Page: 1 of 1