Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

leaked footage speculation

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I suppose there are already threads just like this one, but here it goes.
I'm assuming you have all seen this but here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81I_-uaOqg)

I want to discuss a few things I picked up watching this video.

1.the layout: Presumably the health and stamina/ammo is still in the bottom left corner, but now with addition of a small silhouette of you character which drains out when you are hit, ship, etc.
In the top center of the screen there are still the reinforcement count and faction symbols.
The map is moved to the bottom right form the top. And it's changed to more of a crisp digital style. and there is no map when you are flying.

2. the clone troopers: the armor in BF2 looked very thin and badly textured, The clones in BF3 looked outstanding, the armor was rounded and textured differently than the body suit underneath.

3.The animations: There seemed to be a great deal of effort put into running, walking, swaying, etc. it looks a lot more fluid than BF2

4.The blasters: they looked much fuller and shapely than in BF2 they hold a lot more weight than before.

5.The ships: the starships looked slower and more controlled when they had to be, it looks like they actually had game play mechanics for them this time around.

6. cut scenes: there were actual cinematic cut scenes that looked gorgeous, these show for more of a story driven game.

7. obi-wan: in the amazing sword duel, it looked like obi-wan with his lightsaber and perhaps a clone of him in clone armor. He looked the same and fought very well.

Tell what you guys think
 Trench
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I think that clone was just a clone trooper with a force pike, but that gameplay looked amazing. Battlefront three must be made!:D
 shukkoku
08-03-2009, 1:08 AM
I don't know, they don't train clones that well and the resemblance was striking. And it couldn't have been a force pike, it was some sort of vibroblade.

keep in mind, in the trailer some guy said " darth kenobi" or something along those lines
 Trench
08-03-2009, 1:11 AM
You'd be surprised at the training that some clones went through. There were clones guarding the Jedi temple disguised as Jedi, they were meant to be in Ep. III but they were cut. He may have been one of those clones.
That one space battle looked amazing. How the pilot went from a landing pad planetside, to a space battle outside the atmosphere.
 jondavis
08-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I was watching a reveiw of the trailer here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTV4GmboUfw)

They brought up that from going from land to space and back that the maps look HUGE.
Were going to need lots of players on some maps.
And it might be hard to win on that map because that one guy who got away runs all the way to the other side to take the command post.
 jondavis
08-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Also you see the millenium falcon being playable in the video.
I would like to see on larger ships like that one that you have to go up the ramp into the ship then into the cockpit area in order to start flying.
The other players could get in also and run around or try and man the gun stations.
Just don't shoot the pilot. :)
 jondavis
08-03-2009, 1:03 PM
6. cut scenes: there were actual cinematic cut scenes that looked gorgeous, these show for more of a story driven game.
Tell what you guys think

This point worries me, the whole trailer looked like a single player mission.
I'd rather the time be spent on things for multiplayers.
 jondavis
08-03-2009, 1:08 PM
5.The ships: the starships looked slower and more controlled when they had to be, it looks like they actually had game play mechanics for them this time around.
Tell what you guys think

Yea looks much better for space battles.
It would be nice to fly the larger ships as well as the smaller ones.
Also I like how the x-wing/tie fighter series worked for space flight.
That may be to much for this game but maybe some options like we saw in that series.
 Trench
08-03-2009, 1:40 PM
It looks pretty customizable. With the helmet-less clones and all. I'd be interested in fighting as a commander beside a Jedi.
 HockeyGoalie35
08-03-2009, 4:06 PM
maybe it will come with unrealeditor? but i have both BF games (other than renegade sqaudron) and this is better than all 3 put together and u can see leia's dress move as she runs....wow thats good animation
 shukkoku
08-03-2009, 7:44 PM
I think the helmet less clone might have been the same one all throughout the trailer, perhaps he is a main character or a hero because he was featured in the cutscenes.

If there is a campaign where you play as a single clone character, maybe all the other footage of other guys was instant action or multi player.
Page: 1 of 1