Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1]Ryloth Planet Mod

Page: 2 of 2
 Endorenna
01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Looks awesome, Rev! :xp: (That's redone from the Unknown World Enclave, right? Took me a minute to recognize it...or misrecognize it. :lol:)
 maugomale
01-10-2009, 1:00 AM
Wow! This mod looks really promising! Keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to try it out!
 HK-42
01-10-2009, 1:04 AM
Looks awesome, Rev! :xp: (That's redone from the Unknown World Enclave, right? Took me a minute to recognize it...or misrecognize it. :lol:)

Lordreven999 made that reskin, not rev. Rev isn't even on the team. Also it's koriban landing pad.

Anyway great jon LR
 Endorenna
01-10-2009, 1:05 AM
Sorry, I was referring to the Rev above me. :D (aka LordRevan999 ;))
 HK-42
01-10-2009, 1:13 AM
Sorry, I was referring to the Rev above me. :D (aka LordRevan999 ;))

Oh ok I thought you meant the Rev at LF. My Bad.
 LordRevan999
01-10-2009, 1:58 AM
Actually,Endorenna,I made the skins from a three of textures I have and none of them look like sand or even close to soil.It was exciting making these new skins.And nice avatar Endorenna.Btw,Thx everyone for the good comments.And Hk-42 do you think these new skins look better than previous one.
 redrob41
01-12-2009, 9:25 PM
You'll need to fix the wall texture, its not tile-able, you get this hard edge at its top.

This tutorial might help you with that LR999: Creating Seamless Tiles (http://www.cadtutor.net/dd/photo/seamless/seamless.html). You can also search for more tutorials like it, there are plenty of them on the good ol' net.

Actually,Endorenna,I made the skins from a three of textures I have and none of them look like sand or even close to soil.It was exciting making these new skins.

BittBox seems to have a lot of good tutorials, brushes and patterns. These might help you out as well: Grungy Paper tutorial (http://www.bittbox.com/photoshop/photoshop-how-to-make-an-awesome-grungy-paper-texture-from-scratch/)&) Reverse Grunge tutorial (http://www.bittbox.com/photoshop/reverse-grunge-easy-texture-technique-in-photoshop-and-others/). There are also a lot of goodies to download there, as I just found out.
 HK-42
01-25-2009, 2:27 AM
My First real reskin.

Comments? Open to ANY Ideas, something dosent seem right.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/beta.jpg)

By the way this isn't Ryloth. This is a miniplanet that you will go to before getting to ryloth. Its called Ansion(look it up on wikipedia)

I made this using some skins I found online and some of Quanon's Taris Textures.

EDIT: Updated pic wrong one above left out counter table.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/beta2.jpg)
 Sithspecter
01-25-2009, 2:43 AM
Comments? Open to ANY Ideas, something dosent seem right.

Seems to me that maybe you did something bad with the lightmaps.
 HK-42
01-25-2009, 8:55 AM
Seems to me that maybe you did something bad with the lightmaps.

Yeab it has a completly white map till I finish the skin. I couldn't fine a good color.
 LordRevan999
01-25-2009, 9:17 AM
HK-42 nice first try of skinning.Mine was worse I think.Btw,I can retouch the reskin you made of anison.Let me know if you are willing to send the ansion textures to me.
 HK-42
01-25-2009, 9:22 AM
HK-42 nice first try of skinning.Mine was worse I think.Btw,I can retouch the reskin you made of anison.Let me know if you are willing to send the ansion textures to me.

Hey LR haven't been able to talk to you in a while. Ill send you the textures when I get home I'm on it iPod. Hopefully you can fix the lightmap too.
 HK-42
02-05-2009, 8:00 PM
Not sure why LR didnt post these here but here is the skin he made to a slave room on Ansion, owned by a crime lord.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/SL2.jpg)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/SL1.jpg)

I have been hard at work with quests and placeables/people recently, and am starting working on the room above right now.

EDIT: Before you ask, yes that is dried blood....
 DarthParametric
02-10-2009, 4:52 AM
This might give you some inspiration - http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000764.html)
 plokoon87
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Just one question about the dried blood - why is it 15-20 ft. up on the ceiling? Unless they unleashed a rancor in the room that threw people up there, why put the blood all the way up the wall? Just an idea for more realism. I don't know if you can have multiple textures on a wall or not, but it would definitely look a lot more realistic if there was a way to do that.
Also, I think that making the rock walls darker in those hallways that you have the Selkath in would make it better too. Not make the room dark, just the wall texture.
 HK-42
02-10-2009, 3:58 PM
Just one question about the dried blood - why is it 15-20 ft. up on the ceiling? Unless they unleashed a rancor in the room that threw people up there, why put the blood all the way up the wall? Just an idea for more realism. I don't know if you can have multiple textures on a wall or not, but it would definitely look a lot more realistic if there was a way to do that.
Also, I think that making the rock walls darker in those hallways that you have the Selkath in would make it better too. Not make the room dark, just the wall texture.

Its all one texture sadly. As for the landing, I will see about that soon I am working on Ansion(planet you go to before Ryloth) right now, bout to go back to ryloth.

@DP: Yeah I just saw that last night. Looks cool, glad to see LA and Me had almost the same general idea of what Ryloth was like.
 HK-42
02-12-2009, 7:27 PM
Well Im officially recruiting someone...I can do it, I just hate doing it,

I need a lightmapper...its pretty easy, simple editing hue saturation till you get a good color...but most models have like 30 of them, which gets a bit tidious, but once you have the desired setting it goes alot faster.

If you know how please contact me!
 Bad213Boy
11-14-2010, 7:01 PM
Anyone know if this MOD was every finished? I'd sure like to get my hands on a copy of this. I don't care if it was Beta.
 Canderis
11-14-2010, 7:20 PM
It was never finished. And HK didn't leave the files to the team that was helping so this mod really has no hope.
 JebusJM
11-14-2010, 8:08 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/14.jpg)

It's spelled "retarded".

Looks great so far, can't wait to test it out.
 LordRevan999
11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Actually, I do have the module for the cantina and some files that hk gave me including the skins he made for cantina plus I have the reskins I made for this mod too . The cantina isn't complete so the files are a bit useless unless some on wishes to try making the mod themselves .
 Lord of Hunger
11-15-2010, 1:14 AM
I have the outline I created for this mod and the materials he sent me. However, as per community rules I cannot release them without HK-42's permission as the materials are his and the outline partially so (his general ideas, me taking them and turning them into specifics).

I'd appreciate it if a moderator could clarify the outline part (I'm not sure about the exact ruling around here). If I have true ownership of the outline, then I'd be happy to release it to whoever wants to make this mod a reality. However, if it belongs to HK-42, then I can't release it unless he reappears and gives permission.

In other words, I'm lost. :P
 Jae Onasi
11-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I'll rule that as long as you give HK-42 acknowledgment for some of the ideas you used creating your outline, you're good to go. The outline you wrote is yours.
 Lord of Hunger
11-15-2010, 3:08 PM
I'll rule that as long as you give HK-42 acknowledgment for some of the ideas you used creating your outline, you're good to go. The outline you wrote is yours.
Thanks for clearing that up!

With this problem resolved, if someone wants to take up Ryloth PM me. My only requirement is that you have some modding experience or knowledge, simply out of virtue that I'd prefer for this mod to not die a second time. Otherwise, the only other requirement is to list HK-42 in the credits of the mod, as Jae indicated.
 redrob41
11-15-2010, 5:55 PM
Since you only have ownership of the outline, if someone were to take up the challenge, they'd have to re-create the materials basically from scratch?
 Lord of Hunger
11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Yup. I think LordRevan has ownership of some skins for the mod, but otherwise the outline was mine and the materials belong to HK-42.
Page: 2 of 2