Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Destiny of the Jedi/Legacy of the Sith Storyline Mod Reborn

Page: 1 of 2
 ZekkGarEn1
12-06-2008, 8:35 PM
Alright. I am starting a new storyline mod for Knights of the Old Republic one and I would like to have a team, because I have no chance of completing this myself. The name of the stroy will be Destiny of the Jedi and it will take place about six months after Malak was killed by Revan at the end of KotOR. This mod will be based off the idea that Revan stayed on the light side when he/she killed Malak (I am hoping to make a second one, if this works out, that will be almost the same story but to make some major changes to make it make sense if Revan went to the Dark Side. It would be called Legacy of the Sith).

If you choose to join the team, I will send you the story for the first [lanet, Eana Nol. You should give me your e-mail, I will send it. I am only sending the story for the first planet because I want to make sure we can get it to work well before we move on.

I am most in need of:
1.Maybe one skinner ( I can do most skins myself)
2.Three People who know how to model (gmax only) relatively well.
3.One person who is considered to be (by themselves of by the modding community) good at .2da editing
4.Someone who can create some uti and utc files.
5. One or two people who can help me with the story.
6. Two people who can handle scripts very well.

That would make it a team of 7 at minimum (if you include me). I will not start this project without 7 but I will accept as many as I can get.

I will accept suggestions on how to change and make better this mod, but I really kinda have my mind set on what I have planned so if I disagree with a suggestion then I will not make changes. If you decide to include yourself in Destiny Team ( that's the name I made), then you must fully committ yourself. You need to be almost positive that you can handle this and the you will most likely not quit, and if you do, it is only because of something serious.

As you can tell, I am extremely serious about making this mod. I hope some of you are interested.

So if you are, please post on this forum, and we will talk here (or over e-mail, if you like).

Please?:):lsduel::lsduel::lsduel::lsduel::lsduel: :)
 Canderis
12-06-2008, 8:47 PM
Kotor or tsl?
 ZekkGarEn1
12-06-2008, 8:52 PM
Oh, sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that! It will be for KotOR
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 9:14 PM
I can do some basic scripting if you aren't going to be needing big-ole' complex scripts.
 ZekkGarEn1
12-06-2008, 9:48 PM
Thanks Mandalore_The_Great. But before I accept uou as a team member, I need to know if you're completely committed. So, Are you?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Of course. any time I may have off will go towards the project. Of course, I have some time-consumers, like school, homework and such. But I will work whenever I can.
use my MSN under my post count to send me the info
 SpartanPride
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I can help out with the story, as I don't own the game.

That, and I don't have any modding skills.

But I believe I am pretty good at coming up with plots.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I can also do some .uti files, but I have a bad track record with skinning, so someone else will have to handle the skinning of the items....
Oh, and nice sig, Zekk. the office rocks
 Canderis
12-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I can skin if someone sendsme ALL the files... Im not too bad at it.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
looks like you got a good 3 team members alread Zekk.... this is probably going to be a nice little mod. I can script a little bit, make some of the items, send the file over to Canderis and he can skin them. You can work with SpartanPride to develop a storyline if you haven't gotten it all thought out already... And there's bound to be a few more people looking to get some experience under their belts...
 SpartanPride
12-07-2008, 3:33 AM
Yeah, man. E-mail is PM this info folks. -RH

And no - I don't really care if I give it to the public. It's already on my profile anyway XD

NOTE: Office pwns :P
 ZekkGarEn1
12-07-2008, 7:21 AM
Thanks Guys. I just need your e-mails so we can talk. Also once I have a full team, I will make new thread just to speak abou this mod.
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-07-2008, 3:55 PM
Thanks Guys. I just need your e-mails so we can talk. Also once I have a full team, I will make new thread just to speak abou this mod.

sweet, mine is Second email, no more people. I strongly suggest posters read our posted forum rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078) as posting your email addresses is clearly not allowed, use PM's to exchange this info. -RH
 ZekkGarEn1
12-07-2008, 5:52 PM
I have sent you all an email with some details on the story and "what not"
 darth vouros
12-08-2008, 1:32 AM
i would like to help you out with creating your story line as i am currently writing a star wars book you will find me a usefull asset
 Darth_Andrez
12-08-2008, 7:01 AM
Hey just sent you a PM but forgot to say i can script and write plots and dialog
 ZekkGarEn1
12-08-2008, 7:42 PM
Anyone els? Please?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I forgot to mention I can do dialogue, too. Well, anybody could do it but I have fun doing that stuff
 ZekkGarEn1
12-10-2008, 5:09 PM
C'mon guys 'n' girls. I need some assistance!

Edit: so guys. Looks like we got new team member! Everyone welcome Darth Andrez! he will be helping with modelling and cutscenes!

Zekk, welcome to the forums, just an FYI but you may not needlessly 'bump' your threads around here with posts like these, this is a forum not IM so answers and or getting interested people can and will take some time so please be patient. Also while we encourage modders to post updates on their mods and show off their work-in-progress (they can even 'bump' their mod WIP threads to do so) posting things like these posts here is not one of these types of 'update' posts and count as 'bumping'. Sorry. -RH
 Canderis
12-14-2008, 11:32 AM
C'mon guys 'n' girls. I need some assistance!
Good news! I can help with 2da editing, module building, and skinning now that I got KotOR 1 installed! So I can help alot!
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
so... when do we start, exactly? you waiting for people to help?
 darth vouros
12-16-2008, 10:45 AM
so can i help or not?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-16-2008, 3:03 PM
How was your sig relevant to the topic? -RH
so Zek, what do you want that new armor based on? I was thinking one of the light armors
 Darth_Andrez
12-16-2008, 5:32 PM
Hey zekk any work for me yet?
 darth-me
12-18-2008, 1:45 PM
Will this play as a completely seperate game or add content to the end of KOTOR?
 ZekkGarEn1
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
It will run after the end of kotor 1
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Alright. I've finally gotten around to finishing a new armor. It's called the Prototype Light Battle Armor. It has plenty of good stats(but not too many). It will be g_a_class4031
It's blue and black/gray to go with the light-sided concept. 20 creds, just like Zek wanted. Where do I send?
 Darth_Lamentus
12-21-2008, 2:40 PM
Hey, if you havent filled the slot yet, I would love to contribute to the actual story line. I can send you some writing works I've done pertaining to KOTOR. Although I have not been a part of another modding team, i have created several of my own dealing with seperate storylines,
 ZekkGarEn1
12-22-2008, 1:10 PM
Sorry. I don't need anymore storyline help. Spartan_Pride is enough
 Darth_Andrez
12-22-2008, 4:50 PM
are we still doin this?
 Mandalore_The_Great
12-22-2008, 5:25 PM
Are we still doing this
Of course. We just need someone to make the modules for Eana Nol. Then I think we're good. That way we can start on making new NPCs and stuff
 ZekkGarEn1
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
That's exactly right. If anyone knows how to make modules (and is relatively good at it) please help.
 HK-42
12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
That's exactly right. If anyone knows how to make modules (and is relatively good at it) please help.

There is 2: here is the most recent:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185199)
 Canderis
12-29-2008, 2:30 PM
module building? or newly modeld modules? (I can do the first one well)
 Mandalore_The_Great
01-04-2009, 8:28 PM
what's the difference?
 Canderis
01-04-2009, 8:52 PM
what's the difference?

One is modeling and the other is not. lol
 Mandalore_The_Great
01-05-2009, 7:31 PM
OK... I'm just saying sounds the same.
 HK-42
01-05-2009, 7:51 PM
OK... I'm just saying sounds the same.

Yea it does :lol: I always got confused on that but Models is like new hilts, and modules are places.
 Mandalore_The_Great
01-06-2009, 8:20 PM
I knew that, but saying module building and newly modeled models sounds kinda the same to me, but I think I could see a difference if I cared that badly
Edit:so what have we finished? How far are we?
 ZekkGarEn1
01-13-2009, 5:12 PM
If anyone knows a good module builder or newly modeled modules then please contact me and give me some info on that person. PLEASE?!?!?!?!
 HK-42
01-13-2009, 5:27 PM
If anyone knows a good module builder or newly modeled modules then please contact me and give me some info on that person. PLEASE?!?!?!?!

not many who arnt busy(me including)

Try this: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185199)
 Lord of Destruction
02-06-2009, 8:29 PM
hey you guys need help in the story my email is <snipped> if not ok

Please use the PM function - posting email addresses attracts bots which slows our servers down, and gets you lots of spam! -- j7
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-09-2009, 12:08 AM
ya, Zek has SpartanPride already, but thanks for volunteering anyway
Off topic, but does anyone have an explanation for why my posts seem to be getting deleted?
 jedi_christian
02-12-2009, 2:55 PM
are you still recruiting?
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-12-2009, 8:07 PM
I believe so... I don't know what happened to Zek, but I'm pretty sure he's still looking to people.
For a little organization, have everybody list what they're supposed to be doing for the project, so we know who to go to when we're finished with something. For example, whoever does modelling will go to the skinner or .uti maker to talk about ideas and things...
I'm a scripter and can do skinning when needed(backup)
 jedi_christian
02-14-2009, 7:02 AM
I believe so... I don't know what happened to Zek, but I'm pretty sure he's still looking to people.
For a little organization, have everybody list what they're supposed to be doing for the project, so we know who to go to when we're finished with something. For example, whoever does modelling will go to the skinner or .uti maker to talk about ideas and things...
I'm a scripter and can do skinning when needed(backup)
I can do some voice acting or writing.
 darth vouros
02-15-2009, 3:45 AM
so what possistions are left?
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I am most in need of:
1.Maybe one skinner ( I can do most skins myself)
2.Three People who know how to model (gmax only) relatively well.
3.One person who is considered to be (by themselves of by the modding community) good at .2da editing
4.Someone who can create some uti and utc files.
5. One or two people who can help me with the story.
6. Two people who can handle scripts very well.

That would make it a team of 7 at minimum
skinner's out(I think we have one too many so I might drop out of skinning. I believe that's Canderis' territory....)
I don't think we have any model people... could be wrong
.2da editing... Canderis as well, I believe
.uti and .utc no one officially
story goes to SpartanPride
I script so far

Edit: positions not mentioned:
Module Building (canderis)
dialogue (Darth Andrez)

Update: Darth Andrez can work various models
 Canderis
02-15-2009, 11:47 PM
skinner's out(I think we have one too many so I might drop out of skinning. I believe that's Canderis' territory....)
I don't think we have any model people... could be wrong
.2da editing... Canderis as well, I believe
.uti and .utc no one officially
story goes to SpartanPride
I script so far

Edit: positions not mentioned:
Module Building (canderis)
dialogue (Darth Andrez)

You are correct about me on all occasions. I might be able to model too but i'm having trouble getting it in game.
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
I tried modelling once before and I didn't get it at all... maybe another time lol
I've gotten better in my skinning, but don't like it enough to do much work with it
Has anyone heard anything from Zek? he's been offline for at least two months
Page: 1 of 2