Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Destiny of the Jedi/Legacy of the Sith Storyline Mod Reborn

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth_Andrez
02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
i can model saber hilts, heads, and modules but for the modules i cant seem to download gmax properly and i need gmax for the modules,any suggestions?
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-17-2009, 7:30 PM
maybe another modelling program?
 HK-42
02-17-2009, 7:31 PM
maybe another modelling program?

that would be hard because of lack of nwmax support. DA try downloading from another host. How can you not download it? What is the problem?
 Darth_Andrez
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Well it downloads i install it then it says a certain file is corrupt download again to fix this and then i download it again and it does the same thing?
 ZekkGarEn1
02-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey guys. I am extremely sorry for being gone so long. Really I am. I hope you can forgive me, but I can no longer lead this project for personal reasons. If any of you would like to take my place, be my guest. I can still do some things for the project (mostly skins) but that is about all I can do for now on. Once again I am immensely sorr.
 Mandalore_The_Great
02-21-2009, 1:48 PM
well, if you're stepping down, are you still going to advise Canderis on the construction of the modules? I believe you said something about it being an urban metropolis or something of the sort, but that is kinda vague.
just to be clear, you're still going to be working with this, right? Not sure this will turn out how you want without your help
 ZekkGarEn1
03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
If you need any help with what stuff looks like or what you should do or maybe even some storyline help. I would be happy to help. You should all give your emails to Spartan Pride and he can probably give you the storyline so far. And, as I said, I can give advice and even do skins.
 darth vouros
03-08-2009, 7:24 AM
so without zekk that must mean u need some space in the storyline department i could help appart from lead thats all i do in my own modding team (btw u wouldnt have heard of them there just personal mods for us and selected freinds)
 Darth_Andrez
03-15-2009, 4:33 AM
Hey guys so with zekk stepping down i dont want this mod to go down the drain so i'll take the lead if every one is kool with that? Ima have a look at the story see whats what and hopefully we can resume with this mod as soon i get 3dsmax to get that module done.
 Darth_Andrez
03-15-2009, 4:48 AM
Mod note: Merged new thread on the same topic into the old one. ~M

So guys with zekk gone i think we should have a total restart of this mod.

so first off if everyone who still wants a part in this mod could you please post stating your role in the mod please.

so positions i have so far:
Modeling;Darth_Andrez
Skinning:Canderous,Darth_Andrez
Story;Darth_Andrez,???????
UTC,UTM etc. Editing:??????????,?????????,??????????
Dialog writer editor:???????,???????,??????
.2DA Editing;Darth_Andrez,???????

I Will get the story for first planet posted i will go with the same plan that Zekk had but with a few story tweaks and such like.

And If any one else would like to be joint leader or something then im totally kool wit that.
 Rtas Vadum
03-15-2009, 5:09 AM
I wouldn't mind writing dialogue for this. Not to sure about making the dlg files though.
 Darth_Andrez
03-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Well if you could just write it then someone else could key it in to a .DLG file;)
 darth vouros
03-16-2009, 4:49 AM
well i personally have wanted to be a part of this from the start as im sure ive already said i can help with the storyline and some item mods cant do modeling or scripting but i think i know someone who can oh and if im starting to sound like an annoying hang on or something tell me and i wont post again
 Darth_Andrez
03-21-2009, 9:45 AM
no Your not vouros there dont seem to be any objection to me taking the lead so welcome aboard if you want to send me an overall plot that would be great thanks
 SpartanPride
03-21-2009, 1:36 PM
I could help out again... are we completely throwing out the old storyline?
 Mandalore The Shadow
03-21-2009, 3:45 PM
Do you still need skins and/or Story help?
 darth vouros
03-21-2009, 9:31 PM
wait a sec we dont want to completly throw out the old story but since zekk is gone we can change it alot remember although its our project it would help alot to have a general guide rather than start over it would be completed faster to
 Rtas Vadum
03-21-2009, 10:19 PM
From what i can tell, there isn't much of a known story yet, beyond a dual title.

Im not sure about the Desinty of the Jedi part, but this might be a usable story for the Legacy of the Sith:

Legacy Of The Sith

The Battle of the Rakata Prime yield the Sith Victorious. This placed in motion a series of events that sought to cripple the Republic.
Various worlds surrendered to the furry of the Sith Empire, instilling a notion of order that, Vastly unlike the Republic, knew what dark things lie in wait past the outer rim.

The Sith Lord known as DARTH REVAN was reborn from the ashes, taking back the mantle, after slaying DARTH MALAK. Every Jedi left alive after the battle, was forced to either join the ranks of Dark Jedi loyal to Revan, or face a cold and bitter death. Ones were still left on the Temple on Coruscant was marked with the same fate. Fearing the Sith invasion of the capital, the Jedi fled from the Temple, running from their fate. Some Jedi were caught, others killed. The ones who were captured, like the ones before, either forcibly faced the dark side, or faced death.

As the Galaxy cried out for something to change, a scale to tip, it seemed the populace turned to the galaxy, and said no.

Above the skies of the Sith world of Korriban, the Sith Interdictor ship "LEGACY" comes out of hyperspace. The captain asks an officer to alert the passenger that they have arrived....
 darth vouros
03-21-2009, 11:56 PM
ok thats definatly a start send me a private mesage with ur email or something and well talk more about this i kno i dont lead but heres an idea we should keep as much as possible under raps by talkin through email and stuff so wen this is finally released it will be a surprise we dont want people reading about this and spreading it running the story agreed?
 Rtas Vadum
03-23-2009, 8:48 PM
I've started a basic premise on the beginning, which has similarities to KOTOR, but still has some original elements. It should be do-able, as it is a basic situation, but as this mod seems to be, it is really disorganized. No offense meant by that, i'd just rather see it become something than have another fall-out.
 darth vouros
03-23-2009, 9:32 PM
it is disorganized but that's only cause were posting at irregular times and we don't have everyone we need yet
 logan23
03-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey everyone,

If you need help with organization,

First you need to determine who is the Leader of the project,

The leader will be the person who will be in charge of the organization, like a master list. This will allow one source or data bank to pull and compare what is done and allow you to shift material during production with the proper version of the module, skin, etc...

Also a must read is:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157396)

This help me so much i can not stop and tell you all the ways this kept my project from getting mixed up.

You should have 2-3 master folders,

1) Folder for visuals
--------Sub folders:
------------NPC skins
------------------Rodian09
------------------Stormbeast09
----------- Party members
------------------Kaila (final or version number)
------------------Uldir v1-3
----------------------Uldir final
------------Major/minor Character skins
------------------Sith Lord v2
------------Weapons/Armor,etc...

2)Folder for modules
---------Sub Folders
--------------Planet A
------------------Module cantina
----------------------Creatures
----------------------Dialogs
----------------------Doors
----------------------Module
----------------------Placeable
----------------------scripts
----------------------Sounds
----------------------Waypoints
----------------------Triggers
----------------------Re used Scripts from orig module
----------------------re-skin module
------------------------List the Tga files for the module which you want to change and the tgs files used to replace orig/ or alter to create new re-skin module
-----------------------------Test01 (This is the ver1 of the module- this goes in the over-ride folder

3)Folder for movies/ edit blink files
----------Title or description of each file
----------------Opening crawl v1

This is how my folders are setup, a lot of this comes from the link I posted above.

Also make a list of your globals, and also the names of the modules when they are in game- in notepad or Word.

I hope this helps with the organization.
Once this is setup then it is easier to send files to each other and know that each of you are working on the correct version number of the NPC or module, etc.

I plan later to post how to build these Modules faster. I'm close to have a set formula.

Always remember you are all a team with real lives so always be flexible in your production schedule, and as always the final due date is....:wid:

Any questions PM me,

Keep Modding!

Logan
 Mandalore_The_Great
03-24-2009, 1:02 AM
I'll help with scripting still... I don't have anything better to do. I don't have my Gold set up yet and no worthwhile games
 darth vouros
03-27-2009, 11:21 PM
umm anyone going to post anything?oh and btw ive gotten i bit of a start on the story but not much i wanna kno wat the general direction is that were all heading b4 i do anything major
 Rtas Vadum
03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
umm anyone going to post anything?oh and btw ive gotten i bit of a start on the story but not much i wanna kno wat the general direction is that were all heading b4 i do anything major

I'll send you the material i have(through email, i'll pm mine to you), and maybe we can collaborate on the storyline?

Also, i have a re-skin of a "hopeful" party character, which i did awhile ago. The character already has all transitions, but i'm going to change the eyes to the traditional "Sith" eyes(at least the last two transitions).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/Audrey_Cole.png)
 darth vouros
03-28-2009, 12:43 AM
ok well il need help and u seem good pm ur email and perhaps we will colabarate
 ZekkGarEn1
03-30-2009, 6:22 PM
Hey, guys. It's me, ZekkGarEn1. I'm back. As I've previously said, I am really sorry for bailing on this project. Now that I'm back, I'd like to retake the lead position... Just kidding. I don't want to. Darth_Andrez seems to be doing a much better job than I did. But, now that I am back, I'd like to become part of the team. Darth_Andrez, if you are keeping a list of team members, count me in. I think I will be able to devote a lot of time to the storyline and I think you will find me a very good addition, because I am currently writing a fantasy novel. I can also do a lot of skinning and I would be happy to follow any commands regarding those. I don't ask for complete artistic freedom, but I would like to have some space when creating skins. For example, If you were to ask me to do a skin, you could set some wide parameters and give me some freedom. This time, I am positive that I can devote my time to this project. I think I will also be able to contribute some of my old ideas, I don't really want to see my former project turn into something else. So, could you try and use the basic concept I had and the same planets, too? If so, thank you. If not, well, that sucks for me, but it is not my project anymore.

Zekk

P.S. I'd like to thank Darth_Andrez for taking my place.

P.P.S. Thank you to all who have kept this project from falling.

P.P.P.S I think we should listen to logan23. He seems to have a sufficient system and it seems like it would work.

So, for my last point, you can count on me to be a valuable member of this team.
 Darth_Andrez
04-05-2009, 7:55 AM
so what we seem to have for Postitions is :

Skinning Team
--------------
-Darth andrez
-Zekk
-Canderis
-Rtas V
--------------
Scripting Team
--------------
-Darth andrez
-Mandalore_the_great
-<open position>
-<open position>
--------------
Modeling Team
--------------
-Darth andrez
-Canderis
-<open position>
--------------
Storyboard
--------------
-Zekk(lead)
-Rtas V
-Spartan pride
-Darth Vouros
--------------
Item Editing Team
--------------
-zekk
-
-
-
-
--------------
So i think the next step would be to create a mod forum so we can talk in private what do you think>

A nd i apologise for the lack of orginization its partly due to wme being away from home due to a familly matter
 ZekkGarEn1
04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I can do some simple item editing. nothing major, but I can do the basic stuff. By the way, I don't think we should start a forum until we are sure we have enough members.

P.S. I know how u feel about the unorganization. It's hard to keep track of everything. What I did before I left was I just kept a list of team members, A document full of the idea, a document full of things already accomplished, and a document of things that needed doing. When one thing was done, I woulod just strike through it, but never delete it. Just a tip.
 Rtas Vadum
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Here's a ad of sorts for Legacy Of The Sith:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/LOTS/LOTS_ad.png)

Also, a slight update on that possible character:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/LOTS/Audrey_beta_preview.png)

Changed the head model, reskinned the model's texture to have Caucasian-ish skin(looks much lighter in game), and black hair with white "streaks". I think i might try changing the envmap texture the eyes use, likely to see how "CM_bright" looks.
 SpartanPride
04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Hey - Zekk, do you still have all the old story idea's?
 ZekkGarEn1
04-09-2009, 8:27 AM
Yep. I still have it. If it is O.K with darth andrez I would like to start a small website where we can talk about the story, etc. etc. We seem to have someone in every category so I think we can start. P.S. I'll pm the story to all the storyline helpers.
 Darth_Andrez
04-10-2009, 7:51 AM
yeah Zekk if you could create a site like that it would be great.
 Darth_Andrez
04-10-2009, 1:13 PM
Request: Could the skinning and item editing crews please make and retexture a dark side armor and a light side armor

Detail:The dark Side armor should be Black and Grey they are my only restrictments the rest is up to you, The light side armor should be a light grey and white with a blue republic emblem in the centre Agian my only restriction you are free with the rest.

P.S Zekk could you also send me a rough copy of the story ASAP so that we can get to work,Thanks

SCRAP THAT ^^^^^^
Zekk is taking care of it so ill have some more for you to do soon -DA
 darth vouros
04-26-2009, 8:09 PM
so has anyone thought over my request of keeping as much info as possible off the public forums?
 Rtas Vadum
04-26-2009, 9:13 PM
so has anyone thought over my request of keeping as much info as possible off the public forums?

I definitely haven't divulged anything I've done, aside from the preview images of those reskins i did, but I do think that we should set up that forum. Since once we have a place where we can discuss the mod, and not give away any of the juicy details too soon, we should be able to make some progress, at least with finalizing the storyline(s) and such.
 darth vouros
07-16-2009, 4:46 AM
well ive been at school so not much could be done and wat i have has gone missing with a lota files including all the mids i downloaded for kotor but still im going to retry to get wat ive done back wats new?
Page: 2 of 2