Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My return to TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 vanir
11-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi all. After a long absence I've just returned to TSL and the Holowan lab (I was last at either in 2005). I haven't had a home net connection for a long while and aside from other interests have been basically modding the crap out of Il-2 (flight sim) in my spare time. It's nice to come back to an old friend.

Naturally I'm excited about updating Kotor II with the new mods available, having already been at filefront and going silly there using up my download limits ($50 worth). My old progression/rpg tweak (I used to combine with the D20 mod) still works but I'm most interested in restored content of course, like all of us I'm sure.

Being a little uncoordinated navigating the TSL community after all this time I'm very curious about the team Gizka project (TSLRP). Has this been released somewhere? You can't seriously tell me after more than two years it's still WIP...can you?

What about other stuff, any chance of getting a "idiot's guide to current mods" low down in this thread?
What's good, what's out?

Already gone through much of the "where do I find mods" thread but there's surprisingly little new developments there...admitedly it was a hasty search. I was mostly trying to track down exciting new restored content at the time and halfway through a bottle of scotch.

Hey, hallo to u all too, nice to see a few familiar faces (or is that the scotch talking? yes I'm on bottle no.2 hehe)

O_O
 TriggerGod
11-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Being a little uncoordinated navigating the TSL community after all this time I'm very curious about the team Gizka project (TSLRP). Has this been released somewhere? You can't seriously tell me after more than two years it's still WIP...can you?
Unfortunately, its still a WIP. According to their site, its getting close (with these release candidate business and all), but its still in production (as of know, its just the Betas reporting bugs, and the remaining team getting to them ASAP). There is a leaked beta, but I'm not gonna get too indepth on that.

Anyways, a lot of nice mods are in production right now. 3 Total Conversions (The Jedi Masters by Trex, Revenge of Revan by logan, and the Rise of the Sith by Doc Valentine (you may know him better as GSCCC)), story line mods, 3 restoration mods (TSLRP, TSLCR, and a mod for whatever still isn't restored), and more. Just look around at the Taris Upper City Emporium for mods you'd like to play. Just make sure that they are TSL mods and not K1 mods ;)
 vanir
11-01-2008, 1:55 AM
Thanks TG, just getting my feet back now. There's some really great stuff out, love some of the reskins and graphics work.

Remember a mod that was being worked on a long time ago to reskin the Mandalore with Fett style armour in a pack? That ever get released?

Definitely gonna check out the conversions, sounds exciting. Anything to put new life into a what is still a very cool game.
 SpartanPride
11-01-2008, 2:00 AM
I know there is a Mandalorian pack that changes the armor style to the new Mandalorian armor style, including Mandalore's...

Movie Mandalorians, I think it's called.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-01-2008, 2:35 AM
Hi Vanir! i wasn't around when you were here. Some of the new mods that have gotten quite positive reviews are:
Brotherhood of Shadow a mod that adds alot of new content.
A WIP is Revan's flowing cape which will make Revan's cape....flow i guess
There have been quite a few restorations to KOTOR such as the Taris undercity and a few other goodies in that area. You should check KOTOR filefront for what has come out since 2005
 vanir
11-01-2008, 2:52 AM
Movie Mandalorians v3.0 for TSL, apparently. I just PM'd someone or other who said in a post they had it and would email a zip upon request. Shame it's not hosted, sounds pretty popular and I can't wait to get it.

Bro'of Shadow sounds interesting, and a Taris undercity...checking these out right away!

Thanks for the responses. Gonna pop the half-gig I've got so far into Override and get back to the game I just started I think...
 Master Zionosis
11-01-2008, 5:09 AM
Shame it's not hosted, sounds pretty popular and I can't wait to get it.

Publicly hosting someone else's files is against the rules. If it wasn't I would publicise my link.
 TriggerGod
11-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Vanir! i wasn't around when you were here. Some of the new mods that have gotten quite positive reviews are:
Brotherhood of Shadow a mod that adds alot of new content.
A WIP is Revan's flowing cape which will make Revan's cape....flow i guess
There have been quite a few restorations to KOTOR such as the Taris undercity and a few other goodies in that area. You should check KOTOR filefront for what has come out since 2005

Those mods are for KOTOR 1, not TSL. Well, the Flowing Cape WIP, is, ATM, only K1, but SS hopes to make one for TSL as well.
 Darth InSidious
11-01-2008, 1:24 PM
Welcome back - nice to see another familiar face around! :)

As you may know, we have two sections at KotORFiles for restored content - for K1 and TSL:
KotOR II Restored Content (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/files/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II/Mods/Restored_Content;9830)
KotOR I Restored Content (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/files/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Mods/Restored_Content;9831)

If you're looking for any older mods, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I have them; ChAiNz.2da has a large collection, too. :)
 Chevron 7 locke
11-01-2008, 3:54 PM
Chainz has all the scimanos mods too. you might wanna check those out. Beautiful re-skins
 Darth Payne
11-01-2008, 3:58 PM
Colja also has some good TSL mods.
 vanir
11-01-2008, 6:06 PM
Thanks guys, been going crazy on downloads and loving the renewed game :D

Got a slight conflict because of the silly way I'd backed up my 2005 tsl Override. It's a tedious effort, running through individual files so my old Override doesn't conflict with things like the really nice 90SK combined mod (can you believe he used to pm me about where to find something, wow...and now I'd be lucky to find my own a..hole with a halogen torch).

I got the mandalorians btw (thanks so much Darth Jacen, you're a legend). Must...get...back...to...game :)

>>>Darth Insidious, your pm box is apparently as sick of fan mail as Kate Beckinsale and responds in roughly the same way.
No, there's no particular reason for me to use such a euphemism, I haven't sent her mail for ages :D

-----------------------------------------------------

Fudgewinkle, I've just discovered my graphics card has issues with some of the tsl visual effects. It puts a rainbow veil over the screen instead of showing cool force effects and that's a real bugger.
Anyone know of any fixes for newer cards? It's a radeon x1600GT...I know what you're going to say, but it was cheap.
Game support lists up to and including x800Pro which I used to have (pixel 2.0 support/256 vram, instead of 3.0 support/512).
Doesn't seem to be many options in the ini files, are there lines I could add?
 Darth InSidious
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
>>>Darth Insidious, your pm box is apparently as sick of fan mail as Kate Beckinsale and responds in roughly the same way.
No, there's no particular reason for me to use such a euphemism, I haven't sent her mail for ages :D

More like stuffed with PMs from 2006. >.< :p

I've cleared some space now, so you should be able to get some PMs in. :D

As to your graphical problem, have you tried disabling frame buffer effects?
 vanir
11-03-2008, 5:04 PM
NGOHQ drivers did it for me, solved the frame buffer effects issue right up. It was a lot of trial and error to find the third party drivers/tools and settings that worked, but I'm real happy as I've managed good graphics, fps and got the fbe back :)

--------------------------------

looks like I've a new bug, I'm sure I've read about this one before but had no luck on the search forums feature.
Translucent HK-50's. You can see the background through them. It's not a biggie and doesn't bother me that much, but if there's a fix I'll use it. Cheers.
Page: 1 of 1