Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No filefront mods in Japan?

Page: 1 of 1
 Scars Unseen
09-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello, everyone. I am currently stationed in Japan, and I've noticed that I cannot download any of the mods posted here as Japan is apparently blocked from downloading from filefront's servers. I will be asking filefront about this as well, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any mirrors that might be out there for the mods being released.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
プロクシでダウンロードして。
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Use a proxy.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Use a proxy.ハ、この戦いは俺の勝ちだ、こぞ!
 Scars Unseen
09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
so far, the proxies I've tried to use just redirect to the main filefront page when I try to download.

jmac7142: I'd have to get my wife to translate that. I can read hiragana with some effort, but I'm lost when it comes to kanji.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-06-2008, 2:43 PM
so far, the proxies I've tried to use just redirect to the main filefront page when I try to download.

jmac7142: I'd have to get my wife to translate that. I can read hiragana with some effort, but I'm lost when it comes to kanji.Have you tried Tor?

Also, yeah, kanji are a pain to learn, the multiple pronunciations and just the sheer number of them are what really kill me.
 The Betrayer
09-06-2008, 6:47 PM
Doesn't work for me too. (Philippines.)
 Inyri
09-06-2008, 7:03 PM
You'll need to contact FileFront support about your issues.

Of course you'd probably be wasting your time because they're likely to tell you "our download resources in your area are limited - you will just need to be patient until resources are available again."
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-06-2008, 7:48 PM
It's a real pain to make Filefront work here too, I must say. When the proxy is somehow rejected, I have to wait quite some time for the automated refreshes to finally make it work.

ハ、この戦いは俺の勝ちだ、こぞ!
Well, it'd be, but it seems he can't make it work.
 Inyri
09-06-2008, 7:52 PM
Yes, Brazil is one of the seemingly many countries that gets the short end of the stick. They've never really been one for public relations, though, so long as the revenues are coming in.
 LordRevan999
09-06-2008, 8:23 PM
Scars Unseen I also have this problem but my country is Pakistan,I had contacted FileFront for my problem and they told me that the server in my country has gone to its download limits and no one can say when I can start downloading again.I have been waiting for 5 months already but till now it is not fixed.Oh and Filefront also told me that there is no way that I can find when the server is going to be fixed.This is something I think you will not like to hear but it can take years to fix.My only guess is proxy.But in my country there is a single server that is connected to all the internet connections so I am out of luck but I hope you get this problem fixed somehow.Also please tell me how to fix it when you get it fixed.
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-06-2008, 8:35 PM
They've never really been one for public relations, though, so long as the revenues are coming in.

Meh, particularly, I think they don't give a damn about it. The responses people keep getting are obviously pre-generated, I doubt they even read the complaints' content.
 The Betrayer
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Get the Firefox add-on FoxyProxy and search Google for "proxy lists"
Works for me :)
Page: 1 of 1