Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Something I Noticed That Was Not In The Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacob Nion
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey all I sure you have all notice this as well. Remember when they said you will have all your force powers in the demo. I think that is not true. And here is why. I noticed that we didn't have force repulse. Know my guess is the reason they didn't put this in the demo was because hey wanted to save it for the actual game it self. What do you guys think? Have you been able to do force repulse? If so how did you do it?
 Hoad
08-26-2008, 2:46 PM
It's early on in the game so they probably mean all of the force powers you'll be able to use at that time.
 M@RS
08-26-2008, 3:12 PM
I agree, it's early in the game, he is just an apprentice, he's not all powerful in the beginning.
 Jeff
08-26-2008, 3:47 PM
Yeah I don't think they meant all the force powers, I just think they meant better than you'd normally start the game out with, so we could get a feel of what the apprentice could do while still saving some for the full game.
 Da_Man_2423
08-26-2008, 4:37 PM
It's early on in the game so they probably mean all of the force powers you'll be able to use at that time.
I agree, it's early in the game, he is just an apprentice, he's not all powerful in the beginning
Yeah I don't think they meant all the force powers, I just think they meant better than you'd normally start the game out with, so we could get a feel of what the apprentice could do while still saving some for the full game.

QFT x 3. He already kicks enough butt in the demo with the powers he's given, so anything more would be overkill.
 TimbukTurnip
08-27-2008, 7:56 AM
There is a glitch where you can do a sort of repulse that has no effect, i posted it in another thread.
this is what i typed:
Im not sure whether you have to hold down jump or press jump, i just press it repeatedly, but whenever you are knocked down, press it. The best way to test it is to find a volatile container, and do Saber Slam (when you jump in the air, hold down X and slam the ground) on the container, then try it. It doesn't do a full repulse (from floating in the air curled up), but he definitely throws his arms out and there is a transparent circle that expands from him.
Try it :D
 Jacob Nion
08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I will have to give that a try. Thanks.
 Juno Eclipse
08-29-2008, 1:39 PM

But they did give him some powers you wont have for that level like lightning. So why not include more of the powers he gets from other levels like repulse?:confused:
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-29-2008, 1:45 PM
But they did give him some powers you wont have for that level like lightning. So why not include more of the powers he gets from other levels like repulse?:confused:

Because then free demo > actually paid game.

Besides, are you sure we don't manage to get a hold of lighting by that part?
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 9:46 PM

What a revelation that would be.
 Ali1392
08-29-2008, 10:02 PM
what?
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
what?

...was a joke.
 Exile007
09-03-2008, 7:01 PM

Besides, are you sure we don't manage to get a hold of lighting by that part?

You pick up Lightning at Raxis Prime I think. ;)
 Jacob Nion
09-03-2008, 7:24 PM
That would make since to pick it up there of all places.
 Risle Ime
09-07-2008, 9:54 PM
They had an interview with the makers of the game. They said you start the game with everything.
 Jacob Nion
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I have yet to see Force Repulse. So I don't know.
 Aku
09-08-2008, 2:33 PM
Starkiller only starts with Grip and Push according to gamespot's gameplay marathon.
Lightning is unlocked at the second level as Starkiller.
In the prologue level, you have everything at high levels (not max though) with lightning replaced with the prologue-exclusive choke.

They haven't said anything about where repulse is unlocked but I'm guessing it'll happen a little bit later into the game, possibly around the middle mark.

The demo didn't give you all powers. The devs never said that.
What they said was that they made you more powerful than you'll actually be at that point in the game to demonstrate the gameplay in a more fair manner.
Page: 1 of 1