Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Wing 95 plt file question

Page: 1 of 1
 Priff
07-30-2008, 9:42 AM
Hello everyone and thanks for running such a good forum.

I am just about to complete the XWING95 historical missions, just the last B-Wing mission left (+Bonus missions).

I then plan to start Tour 1...but I went into tour one some time earlier and did the first 3 ops. I am not happy with the scores. I did the minimum to pass the mission rather then go all out to hang around and score maximum points.

I think the way I can fix this is edit the plt file remove the tour while retaining all my training and historical achievements.
However, on the web I can only find the specification for the XWING-DOS plt file (which is different to the 95 file)
Also, I can only find XWING-DOS plt editors, or XWING-DOS to XWING95 plt converters.

What I am after is either a specification of the XWING95 plt file, or an editor for it. Can anyone here help me?
 Wildstar
07-30-2008, 2:33 PM
I don't know if such an editor even exists. You can always start a new pilot if you want to try for a "Rogue" pilot record. :)
 Priff
07-31-2008, 4:34 AM
Thank for your reply, it forced me to have a brainwave.
I created two pilots, 1 with no TOD score and one with a TOD score.
I then compared the differences and sussed out the plt spec and got rid of my TOD stats in my main pilot.

Another question though.... I moved onto the Bonus Historical Missions and completed the first one....but got no badge. Are the Bonus Historical Missions 'for fun'? I need a badge, i'm addicted to badges.
 Wildstar
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, the Bonus Historical Missions were just for fun. They were only on the Collector's CD-ROM in the DOS versions.
 Priff
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the Info!

Fun Shmun though, I'm off to fill my Uniform and Case!
Page: 1 of 1