Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with ERF Building

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
05-06-2008, 8:47 AM
When I put my Endar Spire files into a ERF, the trigger that make Trask walk inside your room doesn’t work nor does the waking up cut scene. Do I need to leave a few files in the override of K1?
 DarthJebus05
05-06-2008, 9:55 AM
You must:

Name the ERF file end_m01ab.mod and the file type as a MOD file.

Then BUILD MOD and put it in the Modules folder.

:EDIT: I put all the files from end_m01ab into a MOD file just incase. Even if there is only 1 new script.
 DarthStoney
05-06-2008, 9:55 AM
What do you mean by put the files in an ERF? Cause only the .dlg files should be in .erf form.
 harIII
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Thank you. I've been saving them like in this case "commandmodule," thank you.

I put the files into an ERF because there are so many that if you placed them in the Override folder, you'll over crowd if for my liking. Plus if you edit something like what items you have in a locker or something, the locker will correspond to all of the other lockers with the same name in the other modules. Simply put, you will find the new item many many times throughout the game.

Thank you. I've been saving them like in this case "commandmodule," thank you.

I put the files into an ERF because there are so many that if you placed them in the Override folder, you'll over crowd if for my liking. Plus if you edit something like what items you have in a locker or something, the locker will correspond to all of the other lockers with the same name in the other modules. Simply put, you will find the new item many many times throughout the game.

Also will this replace the original command module or will this be more of an override like most mods being installed into the override folder
 DarthStoney
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
If you put it all together in a .MOD file it goes into you Modules folder,in the override folder it will cause weird things to happen.
 harIII
05-07-2008, 8:43 AM
The reason for that is that there are (at least I'm possitive it is) there are script files in the mod that need to be in the override folder. That's when the tedious work comes in. You will have to figure out what files you need in the override folder and which ones don't. I haven't done this yet, but I will eventually have to. As I pondered my question after I posted it, I realized that that's where the problem occurs, but if you only edit one module, you can keep it in the override folder. In my case I will eventually edit many moduels and they will surely controdict each other.
 Seamhainn
05-07-2008, 9:27 AM
If you create a .mod file, nothing goes into the override folder. There are some exceptions (lip sync, voice overs etc.), but those don't belong in the override folder, too.

Maybe you give this a try: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185991&highlight=anatomy)
 harIII
05-07-2008, 9:39 AM
I'm checking it out now Seamhainn, thanks
Page: 1 of 1