Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] LipSync Missing

Page: 1 of 1
 rictus135
03-29-2008, 8:40 AM
I am currently working on a new recruit that would use the female twilek voiceset. I have applied various voice overs for different sentences, and they all play properly. They are located in the "AVO" folder in the "Streamvoices" folder, and i believe they are available in all modules. But there is no lipsync. At first I thought I needed to add a Voiceover ID in the .dlg options, but the .wav files I was using didn't use the same naming convention as the tutorials I was looking at. I checked an extracted Kreia .dlg, and noticed her .dlg file didn't have a VO_ID. This left me entirely confused, as I couldn't even refer to that to find my error.

To complicate matters, I have noticed that the Handmaiden.dlg "fix" I downloaded from the TSLRP also seems to have destroyed all of her lipsync. So I am still entirely unsure of how to connect the lipsync to the .dlg.
 DarthStoney
03-31-2008, 9:39 AM
I just figured this out recently,if you using alien Vo's for TSL in dlgeditor there is a box AlienRaceNode the number used corresponds with alienvo.2da. In your case female twilek is (23). For which VO it uses ,as far as ex:short angry,long sad etc. The box labeled Emotion change it to match which VO you want. In the VO_Resref box put in a VO name as in the tutorial.(example):601DANrevan001. Leave the sound exists box unchecked and not sure if it makes a difference but change Record No VO Override to 1. Now for lypsync , find another loc.mod module that uses alien VO's,I used 203TEL_loc.mod extract entire ERF with KT within the folder look for the .lip files
named the same as female twilek VO's. Copy and past all those files and add them to the extracted loc.mod file in which you character speaks. then create your new loc.mod file. hope this makes sense.
 rictus135
03-31-2008, 10:50 AM
It does indeed. However I had hoped to allow her to speak in all modules. If there is no simple way to achieve this, I will just have to stick with the Ebon Hawk as her primary "chatroom".
 DarthStoney
03-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Adding the lypsyncs to localization_loc.mod file should work.(havn't tried) The VO name instead of EX:601DANrevan001 use GBLrevan001
 Construct
03-31-2008, 3:48 PM
Rictus, I believe this is the recruitment that I requested? If 'tis then thank you very much. If you want to discuss any more about it then post in my thread. Please and thank you!
Page: 1 of 1