Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This is going to sound stupid, but...

Page: 1 of 1
 rictus135
03-11-2008, 2:10 AM
Okay, I have got the model into the game successfully using Taina's Replacer. However the Head was a male head and does not sit on the neck properly, it sits too far forward.

I am pretty sure this can be changed, but I don't know how to do it. If the neck hook, or body hook or whatever it is called, is moved forwards slightly, the head should move backwards by comparison which would work for me. The problem is, the tutorials and things I see seem to always tell you to change only the model, or it wont work. And to export only the geometry. Or is the neck hook deally geometry as well. Quote C3PO:AotC "I'm so confused!"

So could someone tell me the process to use?
 Stream
03-11-2008, 2:45 AM
I'm not sure about 3ds but in gmax I believe you have to select the AuroraBase and then you'll see it on the right.

I don't know what the AuroraBase is called for a head but for lightsabers it's something like gw_lghtsbr_01 etc, anyway it's always the last one in the select list so try that.

--Stream
 rictus135
03-11-2008, 4:02 AM
That got it. I needed to use a different method than I did with gmax, way back when, but on the upside it exported succesfully this time.

Unfortunately when I tried to use MDLops to Read/Write the final product and placed it in game, the game crashed. Does anyone know if Taina's Replacer will work if MDLos doesn't? If it might, and you have it, please say so and I will PM you with my email so you can send it to me. (If you are willing)
 Inyri
03-11-2008, 10:11 AM
As far as I know you can't edit head models and then try to compile them with MDLOps; it can't handle what you're trying to do. You'll need to use the replacer to keep the head properly weighed and animated in-game.
 rictus135
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I tried the MDLops replacer first which didn't work, and since I cant get my hands on Taina's Replacer at the moment I was willing to try anything.
 Ghost Down
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Could you perhaps show us some screenshots of the head?
 Inyri
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I tried the MDLops replacer first which didn't work, and since I cant get my hands on Taina's Replacer at the moment I was willing to try anything.Get Taina's replacer. ;)

I'm sure there are at least 2 dozen people who would be more than happy to hand it over if you ask.
 jonathan7
03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
PM me your email and I'll foward you the replacer.
 rictus135
03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Okay, I have got the model into the game successfully using Taina's Replacer. However the Head was a male head and does not sit on the neck properly, it sits too far forward.

I am pretty sure this can be changed, but I don't know how to do it. If the neck hook, or body hook or whatever it is called, is moved forwards slightly, the head should move backwards by comparison which would work for me. The problem is, the tutorials and things I see seem to always tell you to change only the model, or it wont work. And to export only the geometry. Or is the neck hook deally geometry as well. Quote C3PO:AotC "I'm so confused!"

So could someone tell me the process to use?
Page: 1 of 1