Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Remnant Rocket train - Beta

Page: 1 of 1
 gweedodung
11-21-2007, 9:09 PM
Remnant Rocket train - Beta

I used a gamestart.cfg file from a previous copy of my map as a template for the next one. But It seems to have caused a problem. You can’t do this. Can I reset or make a new gamestart.cfg file? Even the titled game doesn’t load from the menu now.

Where can I post my map? What site will host? I have a copy that works as a mod but has no credits and doesn’t end.

If someone can figure this out they can take credit for my Map. I am including the map files anyway so people can modify it if they want. I really just want to release it because its been finished for a year.

Thanks
 razorace
01-09-2008, 3:24 PM
Are you saving it as the same filename? It sounds like they might be conflicting.

Also, the beta testing forum isn't the best place for asking questions like this. You should use the various mod forums.
 gweedodung
01-12-2008, 3:11 AM
Yes, sorry. The first copy of my map is called r5, and the newer copy is called r9. I just changed the details of the gamestart.cfg file from r5 to r9. (Where it mentions the .bsp name) But I think there is internal things in the gamestart file that change also with each map they go with. I will try making a new gamestart.cfg file from scratch.

I can’t find the info again for making a gamestart file for a custom mod. I will look again.

Is it acceptable to post my Beta copy anywhere here or other sites? Just so I don’t lose it when I re-install JO and GTK Radiant and all that. It’s nearly the finished product but just doesn’t have and ending script of credits.

I am willing to post the .map file and everything else I have worked on for a year. I hope people will mod it or make a continuing map. I would like to start a map that just keeps going if anyone’s interested.

I really just want to get this map out so people can try it.

:)
 razorace
01-13-2008, 6:11 PM
You could just upload the beta to filefront.com
Page: 1 of 1