Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Page: 9 of 10
 SuperBryBry
08-16-2008, 9:43 AM
Ok now she spawned but she looks like vandar
 Queen of Night
08-23-2008, 9:01 AM
Hi,

I have the Mod downloaded. But he is not in my override. Help. I have the override clearly but he is not in the override.
 Mr.Soulaxe
08-23-2008, 8:03 PM
Great mod. I do have a couple of issues with it

Matilda's head wasn't right on my second play through with it. I had a lot of mods installed along with it so I am sure that that is the source of my problem :)

Second, save points. It seems after you go to the white room, there are no chances to save your game. Any chance the sequel could address this? Or is there a way to save that I couldn't figure out?
 EGJason
08-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Great mod. I do have a couple of issues with it

Matilda's head wasn't right on my second play through with it. I had a lot of mods installed along with it so I am sure that that is the source of my problem :)

Second, save points. It seems after you go to the white room, there are no chances to save your game. Any chance the sequel could address this? Or is there a way to save that I couldn't figure out?

Hey Mr. Soulaxe,

The head problem is experienced with ALOT of people, and as myself and SilverEdge have said many times, it's the override problem.

Secondly, there is a way to save, although I'm not sure how, It's called Quick Save, try asking some of the more senior members around here!

Yep,
EGJason
 Jason Skywalker
08-24-2008, 6:18 AM
Hey, my brother recently played through this, said it was pretty cool and liked it alot. However, when he got to the torture scene in the Unknown World, instead of Bastila, it was Matilda who was there and then, she left the party! Is this supposed to happen?
 Ztalker
08-24-2008, 1:03 PM
It's a known bug...nothing to worry about.

With his new expansions, Silveredge fixes it! (I believe...) :D
 Mr.Soulaxe
08-24-2008, 4:04 PM
Hey Mr. Soulaxe,

The head problem is experienced with ALOT of people, and as myself and SilverEdge have said many times, it's the override problem.
EGJason

Aye, I kind of figured that it was something on my end...

Secondly, there is a way to save, although I'm not sure how, It's called Quick Save, try asking some of the more senior members around here!

/me faceplams

F4 to quicksave
F5 to quickload
 MonkeyKovax
08-25-2008, 1:20 AM
Hey! how it going? I having a problem when I talk to the bith on Tatoonie. Whenever I ask the bith if his ship is talked and he agrees to show me, the scene goes dark slowly, and i'm assuming that is when I get to a new scene and start the main quest. However, after the scene goes dark, That's is it. It just goes dark. I'm still in the cantina and i can switch between the party with the 'tab' key, but that is it.

I have the mod up to v1.07 and i do have several other mods, but all of them are restorations (both areas and dialog). Is there anything i can do to fix this?

And, i'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Thank you in advance!
 Silveredge9
08-25-2008, 2:17 PM
Hey! how it going? I having a problem when I talk to the bith on Tatoonie. Whenever I ask the bith if his ship is talked and he agrees to show me, the scene goes dark slowly, and i'm assuming that is when I get to a new scene and start the main quest. However, after the scene goes dark, That's is it. It just goes dark. I'm still in the cantina and i can switch between the party with the 'tab' key, but that is it.

I have the mod up to v1.07 and i do have several other mods, but all of them are restorations (both areas and dialog). Is there anything i can do to fix this?

And, i'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post.

Thank you in advance!
Not sure why this would happen. Try installing the mod and patch, and then if that doesn't do anything. When the screen goes black, you will have to open up the console and type "warp ship".
 MonkeyKovax
08-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I reinstalled it and it works! Wonder why it didn't before...Oh well, Hope to experience your mod to the fullest! Thanks for the help!
 legend0fthefall
08-27-2008, 3:40 PM
I will say first of all that I am thoroughly impressed with this mod. Almost everything you did "felt" like it belonged. More than one "Wow" escaped my lips while playing it.

Now, onto my issue....

On the Orion Matilda appeared as a human republic female in blue republic armor (the same armor Trask wears in the very beginning of the game, except it is blue).

During the cutscenes Matilda appeared as an old man in the blue republic armor.

While recruiting her she appeared again as the human republic female.

After recruiting her and currently, she appears as the same human republic female in the blue republic armor, regardless of what I have equipped on her.

(For the record, every BoS npc/mob looked like an old man in the blue republic armor....not sure if they were supposed to look like that or not)

So, using Fred's KotOR tool I hopped into the appearance, heads and portraits 2da files. I looked at your included 2da's and deduced that the 2da file I had was pointing textures and heads and such to all sorts of things, except what you intended for Matilda.

I then corrected where everything was supposed to be pointing for Matilda.

Matilda STILL is the human republic female in the blue republic armor. Nothing I have done has fixed it.

The only other Mod I am using that affects the game on any kind of grand scale is the Yavin 4 planet mod.

Any advice?
 Anaro
08-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone.
I know this is kind of late, but i have only just downloaded the original BoS mod and have a question about it. I installed the mod but have no further savegames of the original KOTOR, and therefore didn't beat it recently. My question is if you have to beat the originial Story/Game in order to be able to play BoS.
I'd appreciate an answer,
Anaro
 The Betrayer
09-06-2008, 8:30 PM
You just have to finish the Leviathan.
 Darth Payne
09-06-2008, 9:39 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before but, is BoS compatible with Yavin 4?
 Allronix
09-06-2008, 11:50 PM
To folks like me who have a godawful amount of mods. BoS does not play nicely with other mods. I've had to create a separate override file for the visions to trigger correctly, and then switch back once I have Matilda in the party (as the rest works), but the play-through is well worth it.

It does not appear to work too well with Yavin IV, and the problem there lies in the appearance.2da file Using a merged 2da file (2da merger) makes elements of BoS not trigger, leaving you standing around like a fool during the flashbacks.
 DLMike19
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
My Game crashes right after kicking the artifact on the Orion Ship i can do everything untill there perf nut just when i get the loading screen after i examine , touch , and the kick the artifact the loading stops at about 75% and the the game crashes and i get the same eror with everything i even tried another savegame from a different point and still no effect same point same crash so plzzz if anyone has an ideea how to fix this i wold be verrry grateful.........PLZZZZ someone i really want to continue my game
 Silveredge9
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM
My Game crashes right after kicking the artifact on the Orion Ship i can do everything untill there perf nut just when i get the loading screen after i examine , touch , and the kick the artifact the loading stops at about 75% and the the game crashes and i get the same eror with everything i even tried another savegame from a different point and still no effect same point same crash so plzzz if anyone has an ideea how to fix this i wold be verrry grateful.........PLZZZZ someone i really want to continue my game
What other mods do you have installed? Have you tried reinstalling BoS?
 Sicon112
10-03-2008, 9:18 AM
Awesome job on the mod. That was probably the most fun I've had with this game in a long time.

I have a question though. If they exist, can anyone point me in the right direction for finding more mods that let you go back in time and take over the Sith fleet? That was my favorite part. Thanks in advance.
 Leben
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Place: just about The whole mod

Problem: During the Entire mod, just about everything has the wrong Skin. Matilda is a Yoda-Race, the Guy that gives you the original quest is wearing Revan the White Robes from RedHawke's Item Pack, as is the Sith in the Main Quest. The Mechanic is a Female Blue Twilek, and the Matilda in the Flashback is a Rodian. The two Admirals are Both Duros, and two of the Jedi in the Flashback are wearing odd clothing, one is in a Dark Jedi suit, the other is a Mandalorian (Full Armored).

Mods installed: EZswoop, Mission Vao as Darth Talon, New DS Underwear, All three RedHawke Item Packs (Bastila/Sith, Droid item, Revan the White), Make Mission a Jedi Mod, with Booster

Additional: I am given 10 Warnings when I try to install the pack:

Warning: A file named ship2_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship6_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision1_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named Vision5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

I notice that it seems that none of these are in the Override folder, which is the only one I cleared out, so would that be why it says that? I recived nothing of the same thign when I was installing patch 1.07
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-12-2008, 9:42 PM
Place: just about The whole mod

Problem: During the Entire mod, just about everything has the wrong Skin. Matilda is a Yoda-Race, the Guy that gives you the original quest is wearing Revan the White Robes from RedHawke's Item Pack, as is the Sith in the Main Quest. The Mechanic is a Female Blue Twilek, and the Matilda in the Flashback is a Rodian. The two Admirals are Both Duros, and two of the Jedi in the Flashback are wearing odd clothing, one is in a Dark Jedi suit, the other is a Mandalorian (Full Armored). EDIT: These are before I completely reset my Override Folder, and I reinstalled everything, using the Brotherhood of Shadow Last

Mods installed: EZswoop, Mission Vao as Darth Talon, New DS Underwear, All three RedHawke Item Packs (Bastila/Sith, Droid item, Revan the White), Make Mission a Jedi Mod, with Booster

Additional: I am given 10 Warnings when I try to install the pack:

Warning: A file named ship2_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship6_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named ship_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision1_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision3_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named vision4_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file
Warning: A file named Vision5_loc.mod already exists in the lips folder. Skipping file

I notice that it seems that none of these are in the Override folder, which is the only one I cleared out, so would that be why it says that? I recived nothing of the same thign when I was installing patch 1.07
Because you did not uninstall your game. None of the above warning correspond to anything in your Override folder... if you read the warning, it tells you which folders the files are in.... You have installed BoS on top of itself, and you have installed it with a bunch of older mods that were not made with the handy TSLPatcher for easy installations. The files that were skipped were skipped because they are already (and still) installed.

I recommend for you this - and it ain't nothing nice - start over. Keep your saves if you like, although some will be invalidated by your more correct re-installation process.

Install your mods in this order -

1. All RedHawke mods - they are self compatible by design. This includes Make Mission a Jedi.
2. Consider seriously whether or not you want/need both Mission mods - I think you should choose one or the other, and I suspect the source of your problem lies in either one of those mods appearance.2da's.
3. Underwear mod. EZSwoop.
4. Last, as you did before, BoS.

Rest assured, BoS is not the source or your appearance.2da problems. If you have BoS alone installed with your game, all things will appear as they should.

I really believe the core of your problem is with the Mission as Talon/Make Mission a Jedi mods.
 Leben
10-12-2008, 9:45 PM
Its no biggie for me to restart my game, I'm just glad you informed my of what screwed up, so I'll drop the Darth Talon Mod.

just so I'm sure, I need to install the Three Red Hawkes, and the Misson a Jedi, then Underwear and Swoop, then BoS? Gotcha, I'll do that, Thank you very much

I was having the same problem before I installed the Darth Talon/Mission a Jedi mods, so those might have just been installed in the wrong way
 Darth Payne
10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
You could always use the KSE to make Mission a jedi without the mod.
 Leben
10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
You could always use the KSE to make Mission a jedi without the mod.

Is that the one where you save a Level up for Mission, then level her up in the like, one second before your forced to level up as a Jedi for the first time? I could never manage to make it in time before that happens, if your talking about something else, I don't know about it, I've never heard of KSE
 Darth Payne
10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
KSE stands for Kotor Savegame Editor.

Here is a link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_On) ly;68852

You can do a whole bunch of things with it.
 Leben
10-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Ahhh. Thanks, but, to the other guy, I removed the game, and completely Re-installed it, but I am getting the exact same Warnings.

I just finished reinstalling the entire thing, and the Mods, so when I manage to get back to it (When I get time), I'll see how it works
 RedHawke
10-13-2008, 1:45 AM
I really believe the core of your problem is with the Mission as Talon/Make Mission a Jedi mods.
Just an FYI but my make Mission a Jedi mod, as well as my re-skins of Mission have nothing to do with changing anything in the appearance.2da or any other 2da file for that matter.
 Leben
10-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Just so I'm clear, and I'm not actually just checking something wrong, if I replace the files in the folder, then load a saved game, the changes should happen if their correct now? I didn't like the Darth Talon/ Mission Robes thing, because her head was red-tatooed, and her body was blue, so I removed the Darth Talon, and ended up at one point removing the file that gave her a head, but then when I fixed it, It righted itself from the same file. If I have everything set up correctly, I should be seeing Matilda as a Twi'lek, not a Vander-thing, when I load up, right? Because I'm not.
 Vader's Fist
10-14-2008, 1:00 AM
Just so I'm clear, and I'm not actually just checking something wrong, if I replace the files in the folder, then load a saved game, the changes should happen if their correct now? I didn't like the Darth Talon/ Mission Robes thing, because her head was red-tatooed, and her body was blue, so I removed the Darth Talon, and ended up at one point removing the file that gave her a head, but then when I fixed it, It righted itself from the same file. If I have everything set up correctly, I should be seeing Matilda as a Twi'lek, not a Vander-thing, when I load up, right? Because I'm not.

Assuming that you have indeed properly fixed the entries in your 2da's and utc files than everything should work just fine if you start a new game. BUT, in order to get the cosmetic changes (Matilda's correct appearance) to take effect in your saved game you will need to use KSE to edit her appearance and soundsets.

Btw Silveredge, I'm just now playing your mod for the first time and I must say that from what I've played so far, you've done an excellent job. My hats off to you mate! ;)
 Leben
10-14-2008, 5:52 PM
If the Matilda Cosmetic change wouldn't apply until there is a new save game, why would Mission be changed everytime I loaded it up with a different file. I went from Darth Talon, to Headless, and back to regular Head, after I removed the files, but I never started a new game, I just continued with the save file. I've reset my Entire game like 3 times, and I am still having the same problem. The Mechanic is a Female Twi'lek, both the Sith and the original Rodian are in RedHawke's Revan the White Uniform, Matilda is a Vander on Orion, but a Rodian in the flashbacks. Its really annoying, particularly the Matilda, because the Dark-side Vander Model doesn't have any Feat sets, so she freezes up when she uses Flurry or Critical Strike or Power Attack
 RedHawke
10-15-2008, 1:24 AM
If the Matilda Cosmetic change wouldn't apply until there is a new save game, why would Mission be changed everytime I loaded it up with a different file.
When your game loads something it goes into your actual save-game. Every item, NPC, container. etc is all saved to your save game so when you fiddled around with Mission you were altering something that was on a fixed line in appearance.2da loaded into your save game, so you saw the changes, but your added custom NPC's from that mod has loaded with their NPC utc files referring to incorrect lines in appearance.2da, you will need to edit your save with KSE or you will need to use a save game from before you met them. I would suggest you use an earlier save so you can indeed confirm that the mods are working as intended.
 Vader's Fist
10-15-2008, 3:15 AM
"Yes, to Redhawke, you listen..." :yodac:

Heh, anyway thanks for clearing that up for me RH I probably should have done a better job of explaining the problem better. :D
 Leben
10-15-2008, 9:00 AM
I see. So, the save file that SilverEdge provided wouldn't work because the Rodian had already spawned, meaning all the files were already set? If that is what it is, that makes it alot easier to understand
 Darth Payne
10-15-2008, 9:11 AM
You could always do the anoying thing and start a new game.

Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
 Leben
10-15-2008, 5:35 PM
I have started a new game (Just got to Dantooine) but then when I got to it, I was trying to put on the Revan the White Robes, but my game kept freezing. That probably has nothing to do with the BoS, but I will see what the Rodian looks like when I finish Dantooine
 Lunar4
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Just wondering, is this mod compatible with WotOR??santsmil
 HK-42
11-01-2008, 7:11 PM
I love this mod its great :)

Also @Lunar4: yes it is I have both....
 Lunar4
11-03-2008, 8:11 PM
ok so game breaking bug:

I just finished the unknown planet(darkside). I killed Jolee and Juhani then returned to hawk with bastilla bla bla bla....

anyways, the cutscene with dodona plays fine but then after that (the cutscene with vandar) it bugs and i end up walking around the hawk with a hologram dodona and vandar standing there. I cant do anything.... also, theres a selectable thing that say "cutscene start" or something but i click it and it does nothing.

So im basically stuck in the hawk with nothing to do. any help?
 RedHawke
11-04-2008, 2:26 AM
Lunar, from what I recall about that glitch check your override for any of the following files;

p_bastilla001.utc
p_bastilla002.utc
p_bastilla003.utc
p_bastilla004.utc
p_bastilla005.utc
p_bastilla006.utc

If they are present in your override remove them and you should be able to progress normally.
 Lunar4
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
none of those were present in my override.... Im still having this problem :(
 Hashishian
11-04-2008, 3:27 PM
My KOTOR is heavily modded, and will probably keep growing. Are there any potential conflicts involved here?
 RedHawke
11-05-2008, 4:29 AM
none of those were present in my override.... Im still having this problem :(
Those are the problem files usually for a glitch like this... other than that... :giveup:
 GarfieldJL
11-24-2008, 5:42 PM
I will say first of all that I am thoroughly impressed with this mod. Almost everything you did "felt" like it belonged. More than one "Wow" escaped my lips while playing it.

Now, onto my issue....

On the Orion Matilda appeared as a human republic female in blue republic armor (the same armor Trask wears in the very beginning of the game, except it is blue).

During the cutscenes Matilda appeared as an old man in the blue republic armor.

While recruiting her she appeared again as the human republic female.

After recruiting her and currently, she appears as the same human republic female in the blue republic armor, regardless of what I have equipped on her.

(For the record, every BoS npc/mob looked like an old man in the blue republic armor....not sure if they were supposed to look like that or not)

So, using Fred's KotOR tool I hopped into the appearance, heads and portraits 2da files. I looked at your included 2da's and deduced that the 2da file I had was pointing textures and heads and such to all sorts of things, except what you intended for Matilda.

I then corrected where everything was supposed to be pointing for Matilda.

Matilda STILL is the human republic female in the blue republic armor. Nothing I have done has fixed it.

The only other Mod I am using that affects the game on any kind of grand scale is the Yavin 4 planet mod.

Any advice?

I'm having the same problem, and I'm guessing that it's the Yavin IV mod, since you and I are having the same problem.
 Divadnessej
11-27-2008, 1:49 AM
ok, now i got a new problem in it
whenever i try to find the merchant sales lady on the orion, she is invisable, she shows up as a person, but it wont let me talk to her or see her
please reply with any advice.
 Exile007
11-27-2008, 2:56 AM
ok, now i got a new problem in it
whenever i try to find the merchant sales lady on the orion, she is invisable, she shows up as a person, but it wont let me talk to her or see her
please reply with any advice.

Sounds like you have an appearance.2da error, I'd recommend whiping your override folder and re-installing the mod. That usually works for me. :)
 glht
11-27-2008, 7:31 AM
I'm having the same problem, and I'm guessing that it's the Yavin IV mod, since you and I are having the same problem.

Brotherhood of Shadow and Yavin IV are not compatible. Maybe with some editing but not by default.
 Divadnessej
11-28-2008, 4:11 PM
Sounds like you have an appearance.2da error, I'd recommend whiping your override folder and re-installing the mod. That usually works for me. :)

ok, ill try this
thanks for the tip.

ok, ill try this
thanks for the tip.

i tried it even on a new file and got all the way to the orion and it did the same thing

i tried it even on a new file and got all the way to the orion and it did the same thing

oh, nvm, just forgot to whipe override, it is working now
thanks dude.
 Jefardi
12-18-2008, 9:26 PM
ok this is driving me up a wall, but i have just got around to the main content of this mod, yes i actually started a new mod and worked my way up from there, and i finally got to the main content, and considering how much homework i have been doing that ends up at just about 2 and a half weeks and i KNOW i have problems already, Sera-what-her-face (who i can take a stab at and say that she is Matilda) is actually a dude, with this Darth Malak armor and a default head its the male one with a scar from the right eye going downwards, and the mechnaic guy in the beginning has the same face but is in underwear. I have tried reinstalling this mod to no avail, i am 99% certain that a mod is doing this but i don't know any specfic one that would have a problem since BoS is my most recent mod i installed and it uses the TSL patch....so what should i do here?
 MarciKiser
12-30-2008, 3:40 PM
Is there a minimally invasive way to edit the dialogue in the 'vision' sequences, i.e. the Brotherhood of Shadow and Revan's past bits? I just like to clean up some of the infelicities of grammar in my mods (anal that way), and have already edited the .dlg files in the override. Any suggestions?
 sera1111
01-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Area: Great White Void
Problem: Well there is no obvious way out so I thought you would be able to talk to Daemon but it won't let you. I'm not sure if it's my inability to find the exit or maybe a glitch. There are no doors to get out.
Point: Right after your first battle w/ Brotherhood of Shadow.

I ask this because I've been in the Great White Void for six hours and still haven't been able to get out.
 Silveredge9
01-01-2009, 8:45 PM
ok this is driving me up a wall, but i have just got around to the main content of this mod, yes i actually started a new mod and worked my way up from there, and i finally got to the main content, and considering how much homework i have been doing that ends up at just about 2 and a half weeks and i KNOW i have problems already, Sera-what-her-face (who i can take a stab at and say that she is Matilda) is actually a dude, with this Darth Malak armor and a default head its the male one with a scar from the right eye going downwards, and the mechnaic guy in the beginning has the same face but is in underwear. I have tried reinstalling this mod to no avail, i am 99% certain that a mod is doing this but i don't know any specfic one that would have a problem since BoS is my most recent mod i installed and it uses the TSL patch....so what should i do here?Delete appearance.2DA/heads.2DA from your override folder, then reinstall the mod.

Is there a minimally invasive way to edit the dialogue in the 'vision' sequences, i.e. the Brotherhood of Shadow and Revan's past bits? I just like to clean up some of the infelicities of grammar in my mods (anal that way), and have already edited the .dlg files in the override. Any suggestions?You would have to open up the .mod files in the modules folder using ERFeditor and then extract the .dlg files.

Area: Great White Void
Problem: Well there is no obvious way out so I thought you would be able to talk to Daemon but it won't let you. I'm not sure if it's my inability to find the exit or maybe a glitch. There are no doors to get out.
Point: Right after your first battle w/ Brotherhood of Shadow.

I ask this because I've been in the Great White Void for six hours and still haven't been able to get out.Sounds like a glitch, try replaying from the autosave.
Page: 9 of 10