Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Page: 8 of 10
 sekan
03-26-2008, 2:10 PM
He's at the beginning of the ship.
 Darth InSidious
03-26-2008, 3:03 PM
ok , if it's not brotherhood of shadow then what?
You might want to give a bit more information before this question can be answered. Like what other mods you use.
 kotorcrazyguy
03-26-2008, 6:05 PM
ok...here's a zip file of my mods folder

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD96L9DQ)

No, you may not ask for other people's disks. --Jae
 jonathan7
03-26-2008, 6:37 PM
ok...here's a zip file of my mods folder

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD96L9DQ)

:yodac: You gotta be kidding me, given the ammount of 'effort' you've put in your posts, do you really expect any help? If you want help to solve your problem I suggest you give a far more detailed account of your problem and game... e.g. Are you running the latest patch of the game, What exactly went wrong, where, when, how far into the game, what other mods have you got installed if any? Can't you just list them here instead of zipping your override?
 kotorcrazyguy
03-27-2008, 6:13 PM
i have updated the game to 1.03b, and listing my mods would be an ok thing i guess here's what i have:
Juhani romance fix
i have brotherhood of shadow 1.01-1.07
rotj vader and luke sabers
darth maul double/single saber
yavin 4 map
exar kun tomb mod
2 alternate endings
malak quick save
carth romance 1.1
bastila romance fix
bastila romance enhancement
dantooine juhani improvement
exar kuns darksaber
malak improved
revan's lightsaber dark/light
revan's padawan saber
rojem a'sai character addon mod
save malak 1.1
star forge revan robes 1.0
super skip taris
whole party is a jedi
Jedi Robe of the force
Ashla Robes
and that's it
 el Crawler
03-27-2008, 8:39 PM
Yavin 4 map as in the one Master Zionisis (I think that's the right person) translated?

That clashes with BoS IIRC.
 Paddythegreat
03-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Just completed this mod, its easily the best mod around, so much time and effort, it looks so profesional, definatly a keeper! Can wait for ya next mod ;)
 Darth InSidious
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Yavin 4 map as in the one Master Zionisis (I think that's the right person) translated?

That clashes with BoS IIRC.
Only if you install BoS before you install Yavin 4.
 DarthRevan243
03-28-2008, 7:29 PM
Good work SILVER and I hope solomans revenge is a sucsess
 HK-52
04-05-2008, 6:50 PM
When I get to the blank dimension (inside the artifact) I can't move
 Silveredge9
04-05-2008, 7:11 PM
When I get to the blank dimension (inside the artifact) I can't move
Something in your override folder which is incompatible with BoS is causing the problem. Try clearing your override then reinstalling the mod/patch.
 greggomonkey
04-11-2008, 9:26 AM
Keep up the good work silver i wish i could mod like THAT. :)
 Marius Fett
04-11-2008, 4:42 PM
^^Don't we all... :rolleyes:
 Q
04-26-2008, 7:29 AM
I'll sum my impressions of this mod up with one word: wow. :thumbsup:

The story is original, engaging, non-cheesy and dovetails well with the main plot of the game. The cutscenes are professionally done and have a polished feel. The robes look great. Matilda is an intriguing character that left me wishing that she had spent more time in my party.

It's obvious that you've put a lot of time and effort into making this mod and I hope that you know that it was time well spent. Any problems that I encountered have already been mentioned in this thread and in any event were nothing major, most being caused by the ton of mods that I already have installed.

I'm left having to agree with Darth Insidious that this is the finest example of KotOR modding that I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel.

And with that, I'm off to give it another playthrough. ;)
 i<3FANTA
05-02-2008, 1:44 PM
Hey there, I'm playing on mac- so i cant run the .exe file for installation. Any way to install manually? Cheers, I really want to play this aha.
 Ctrl Alt Del
05-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey there, I'm playing on mac- so i cant run the .exe file for installation. Any way to install manually? Cheers, I really want to play this aha.
Silver answered something similar a while ago. If nothing changed, this should do:

To my knowledge, BoS doesn't work on a mac, even if you do get around the installation method. It seems to freeze at different points during the loading of custom modules, and I couldn't see any way to correct it.

You are free to try though, you would need to copy all the files from the TslPatcher folder into you override folder, then copy the 2DA files supplied in the latest patch into your override folder.
 Christos K
05-07-2008, 2:00 PM
Hey great mod!!! However is there anyway to install this mod without having it overwrite Star Forge, Darth Revans Robes because if that happens it overwrites the Exar Kun's Robe from the mod, Tomb of Exar Kun.
 DarthSeverus
05-07-2008, 2:49 PM
No it doesn't ovewrite those robes as I have that mod (and others involving Revan robes installed) and BoS hasn't effected those robes or ther appearance at all, so be at ease and enjoy this wonderful mod :-)
 DAWUSS
05-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Well I played through the mod a little bit ago today.

While the "Favors for a Rodian" quest was OK and the flashbacks were cool, the rest I thought could have been done differently. TBH I wasn't too excited about the additional party member (maybe I'll warm up to her later, but I actually didn't want her as part of my posse). I thought the stuff involving Revan's past could have been done in a chat in that Anchorhead cantina (OK, maybe I'll let her on the Hawk for a *brief* time), where you get to relive moments of Revan's past in those flashbacks.

Just my 2 cents
 jacencaedus
05-24-2008, 7:38 PM
Ive gotten to the white room but I can not figure out a way to escape HALP
 The Padawannabe
05-26-2008, 4:24 PM
Hey, I would just like to start off by saying that this is my favorite mod of all time. I was also wondering if you were gonna do another mod on this scale?
 Jolly Boots
05-27-2008, 1:55 PM
Quick question: what file (in either override or in the module directories) controls Matildas appearance on Revan's ship during the encounter with Bastila? Since I do have a lot of mods installed and so the appearances are all screwy. I've managed to fix the others except for this one - in this case she appears as the Duros mechanic. Additionally, which file controls the appearance she takes once she joins the party since in this case, she appears as dark Vandar.
 EGJason
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
RE Jolly Boots: That would be the appearance.2da file which is in the override folder. However, this sounds like you have overlapping entries in the appearance file!

RE The Padawannabe: Yes SilverEdge9 is currently working on a sequel to BoS the trailer can be found at http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow_Solomons_Revenge_Teaser_Trai) ler;87635

Yeps,
EGJason
 Kilppari
06-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Just downloaded BoS and it simply fu***ng rocks! I can see from quality of this mod that you have spent countless hours to give us KOTOR-players new awesome content and you have my gratitude from that. Big plus from from me is about well written dialogue, really awesome job.
Funny thing during my playthrough is that BoS conflicts some mods in my override: Matilda is wearing yellow mandalorian armour, main Shadow guy is wearing red mandalorian armour and brothers of shadow are.... Rodians! :lol:
It was kind of humorous experience to fight against teleporting sith-Mandalorian and his Rodian acolytes. Brotherhood of Thugs it felt to me.
Anyways, I clear my override and give this awesome mod a new go.
 HodgePodge
06-01-2008, 2:33 PM
I completely cleared out my override, but I'm still having problems with this thing. Which sucks, because the screenshots that I have seen are amazingly uber ;)

Y'see, when I try to use the save that came with it, I open the Load menu, and the only new save is at the very bottom. It's entitled "Quick Save" and the preview of it is completely white. It also shows the time as being 0h and 0m. So when I load it, I just get a black screen with the KOTOR cursor.

So then I decided to try loading a save on the Leviathan. It was right before the bridge, so I complete the Leviathan and do all that, yada yada yada. Afterwards, I go to Korriban, find the Rodian, go to Tatooine, get in a fight with the Exchange, and Daemon says that he'll be back (or something along those lines.) After this, I went to the Tatooine cantina to find the Bith, but he wasn't there. Help?
 Silveredge9
06-01-2008, 2:35 PM
I completely cleared out my override, but I'm still having problems with this thing. Which sucks, because the screenshots that I have seen are amazingly uber ;)

Y'see, when I try to use the save that came with it, I open the Load menu, and the only new save is at the very bottom. It's entitled "Quick Save" and the preview of it is completely white. It also shows the time as being 0h and 0m. So when I load it, I just get a black screen with the KOTOR cursor.

So then I decided to try loading a save on the Leviathan. It was right before the bridge, so I complete the Leviathan and do all that, yada yada yada. Afterwards, I go to Korriban, find the Rodian, go to Tatooine, get in a fight with the Exchange, and Daemon says that he'll be back (or something along those lines.) After this, I went to the Tatooine cantina to find the Bith, but he wasn't there. Help?
You must not have installed the save correctly. And after you defeat Daemon Drexel on Tattooine, you go back and talk to Drix Keliwt on Korriban before you go to the Cantina. Just like the journal tells you too. :)
 HodgePodge
06-01-2008, 3:00 PM
You must not have installed the save correctly. And after you defeat Daemon Drexel on Tattooine, you go back and talk to Drix Keliwt on Korriban before you go to the Cantina. Just like the journal tells you too. :)

In the words of Homer Simpson, "D'oh!."

But doesnt installation of the save just consist of me extracting it to the saves file?
 Silveredge9
06-01-2008, 3:03 PM
In the words of Homer Simpson, "D'oh!."

But doesnt installation of the save just consist of me extracting it to the saves file?
You move the folder "000242 - Game241" into the saves folder located the SWKOTOR directory.
 stormydawn
06-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm having a bit of a weird error, and I haven't seen anyone else with it (though I suppose I could have missed it somewhere). I started the "Favor for a Rodian" quest on my first trip to Korriban (I went there before I went to Tatooine), but when I went to Tatooine Daemon never spawned. I tried going through the area both by myself and with a party. Figuring that maybe I needed to complete the Leviathan first, I continued on and have now done so. He still will not spawn. Did I miss something? Did I screw something up? I started a new game to play through, so I know it's not because I didn't install the save correctly.

Any help you can give would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

~Stormy
 Silveredge9
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm having a bit of a weird error, and I haven't seen anyone else with it (though I suppose I could have missed it somewhere). I started the "Favor for a Rodian" quest on my first trip to Korriban (I went there before I went to Tatooine), but when I went to Tatooine Daemon never spawned. I tried going through the area both by myself and with a party. Figuring that maybe I needed to complete the Leviathan first, I continued on and have now done so. He still will not spawn. Did I miss something? Did I screw something up? I started a new game to play through, so I know it's not because I didn't install the save correctly.

Any help you can give would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

~Stormy
Have you tried reinstalling the mod, then the latest patch? That is often the perfect remedy to these kinds of problems.
 stormydawn
06-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Have you tried reinstalling the mod, then the latest patch? That is often the perfect remedy to these kinds of problems.

Yup, I tried reinstalling. Then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still doesn't work. Most recently, I removed all my mods and installed just BoS, and now Drix doesn't even show up :confused:
 Silveredge9
06-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Yup, I tried reinstalling. Then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still doesn't work. Most recently, I removed all my mods and installed just BoS, and now Drix doesn't even show up :confused:
If you can send me the save via email or something, I can take a look at it and see if there's a problem somewhere.
 Sneeper
06-09-2008, 3:55 PM
When i talk to the guy in the Tatooine cantina he says he will bring me to this ship, but the only thing that happens is the screen goes black and i if i press movement buttons i can still hear myself walk and stuff..

It seems it doesn't teleport me when it should..

Please help, thanks in advance!
 planstons
06-24-2008, 8:55 AM
Why my Mathilda have a beard? Why she doesn't look like a woman at all?
 Da_Man_2423
06-24-2008, 9:42 AM
Why my Mathilda have a beard? Why she doesn't look like a woman at all?

Mod conflict probably.
 damacles
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I do have one issue, Matilda's looks like Boba Fett, yet her portrait is of a dark side twilek lady. I've tried reinstalling the mod and patch, still have the same issue. Any ideas on how to fix this?
 EGJason
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Again this sounds like a conflicting mods problem, as SilverEdge has said many times try and clearing out your override!! If it still doesn't work, then post i.e. please read previous posts!!

EGJason out
 DVAC
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I got to say, i love this mod, its almost like a work of modding art. Only got 1 question thou,

I keep getting dublicates of Revan's sword..
Minor thing i know, just bugs me to have 3 "unique" swords :)
So was just wondering if there was a way to modify or generaly avoid getting the dublicates?
 Silveredge9
07-30-2008, 4:25 PM
Only got 1 question thou,

I keep getting dublicates of Revan's sword..
Minor thing i know, just bugs me to have 3 "unique" swords :)
So was just wondering if there was a way to modify or generaly avoid getting the dublicates?
It's a known bug. At some point in the development of the the mods sequel (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185084) I plan on going back to the original BoS and fixing some of the bugs that haven't been fixed yet.
 Gavroche
07-30-2008, 6:30 PM
Alright, just spent my evening having my first walkthrough. For now I've finished my business with the Rakatan prison and am on my way to escape the Orion. I guess you've already heard plenty of "great work!"s, so I'll skip the congratulations step (though when I'll have finished the mod, I'll surely come back to give my share of "OMFGBBQ tihs modd FTW!!!" :]) and go to the point.

I've experienced a head trouble. Basically, on the bridge of Revan's ship, Matilda was missing her blue head and had instead the generic yellow one. Back on the Orion, I met her again and she still had her yellow head (with a blue body '^^). Now that she joined my party, she's recovered her correct blue head.

I don't know what might have caused this bug. I've patched my game before installing BoS (and the 1.07 update) and have no other mod installed (gross simplification, I put the three files of Darth Shan's romance fix for Bastila, plus Darth333's corrected script to trigger Xor's attack correctly).
<edit />Just thought about it while making my edit (see below) but I used the saved game you provide - Can you imagine any relation between this fact and the bug?

I've searched the whole ten pages* to see if someone was experiencing this as well, but no one seems to have this problem (could have checked comments on Filefront too, but too lazy :P could have checked the mods' files to find the source of the trouble too but... Yeah, too lazy :P besides, it's 11:30 PM here so I'm starting to get tired ^^).

If you've got an idea as to which files I should dig to understand where and when did the problem come, just tell me and I'll have a look. I believe heads.2da is a likely candidate, as well as Matilda's .utc's (where can I find them?).

Okay, good night now, and congratulations, this mod ro... Heh, almost let it slip. Time to sleep, it seems -°

*PS: If you ever put one more occurrence of the word "head" in your sig, I'll kick/punch/headbutt you. That shall teach you proper respect to utility droids. "Sense"? Whadoyoumean, "sense"? Yeah, I'm making none, alright, but could you just tell me what it is?

<edit />A question that was secretly lying dormant within me just popped up and I won't be able to sleep before I ask - How comes the PC's name in the saved game you provide and Matilda's alias are the same? Is it a hint or something?
 DVAC
07-31-2008, 1:39 AM
It's a known bug. At some point in the development of the the mods sequel (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185084) I plan on going back to the original BoS and fixing some of the bugs that haven't been fixed yet.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer mate, :)
And best of luck on the sequel, it can only go well :D
 voltes5
08-06-2008, 7:42 AM
Hey silveredge this is an AMAZING mod, its a nice expansion to have. I have a problem, once i installed 90SK's K1 Robes and Robes Patch and then this some of the robes have had messed up textures.
 Silveredge9
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Alright, just spent my evening having my first walkthrough. For now I've finished my business with the Rakatan prison and am on my way to escape the Orion. I guess you've already heard plenty of "great work!"s, so I'll skip the congratulations step (though when I'll have finished the mod, I'll surely come back to give my share of "OMFGBBQ tihs modd FTW!!!" :]) and go to the point.

I've experienced a head trouble. Basically, on the bridge of Revan's ship, Matilda was missing her blue head and had instead the generic yellow one. Back on the Orion, I met her again and she still had her yellow head (with a blue body '^^). Now that she joined my party, she's recovered her correct blue head.

I don't know what might have caused this bug. I've patched my game before installing BoS (and the 1.07 update) and have no other mod installed (gross simplification, I put the three files of Darth Shan's romance fix for Bastila, plus Darth333's corrected script to trigger Xor's attack correctly).
<edit />Just thought about it while making my edit (see below) but I used the saved game you provide - Can you imagine any relation between this fact and the bug?

I've searched the whole ten pages* to see if someone was experiencing this as well, but no one seems to have this problem (could have checked comments on Filefront too, but too lazy :P could have checked the mods' files to find the source of the trouble too but... Yeah, too lazy :P besides, it's 11:30 PM here so I'm starting to get tired ^^).

If you've got an idea as to which files I should dig to understand where and when did the problem come, just tell me and I'll have a look. I believe heads.2da is a likely candidate, as well as Matilda's .utc's (where can I find them?).

Okay, good night now, and congratulations, this mod ro... Heh, almost let it slip. Time to sleep, it seems -°

*PS: If you ever put one more occurrence of the word "head" in your sig, I'll kick/punch/headbutt you. That shall teach you proper respect to utility droids. "Sense"? Whadoyoumean, "sense"? Yeah, I'm making none, alright, but could you just tell me what it is?

<edit />A question that was secretly lying dormant within me just popped up and I won't be able to sleep before I ask - How comes the PC's name in the saved game you provide and Matilda's alias are the same? Is it a hint or something?I can't think of any specific reason why this error would occur. But if you send the appearance.2DA and heads.2DA from your override folder to me via email (Check the mods Read-Me for this), I'll gladly have a look at them and see if I can notice any problems.

And the reason Matilda's alias and the characters name in the supplied save game are the same is nothing sinister, or anything to do with the plot. It's just that I named Matilda's alias after my character's name. :P

Hey silveredge this is an AMAZING mod, its a nice expansion to have. I have a problem, once i installed 90SK's K1 Robes and Robes Patch and then this some of the robes have had messed up textures.I believe 90SK's K1 robes are incompatible with BoS, as they override Jedi robe slots which are used by some of the new items from BoS. Reinstall BoS and it's patch if you want to have the new robes from BoS display correctly, but be warned it will probably mess up the new content from 90SK's mod.
 voltes5
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Thnx i'll try that and i'll see what happens....

Ok i've tested it and the same thing happens, the textures are still messed. I did what you said, to install BoS and the 1.07 patch after 90SK's robes. Before I had 90SK's robes i still had this problem though.

New Problem: Drix is a human not a rodian, i've played through BoS before and that time he was a rodian, i dont know what i did to turn him into a human.
 Gavroche
08-07-2008, 3:47 AM
OK, I'll send you the files... When my comp will be up and running. And when I'll have reinstalled KotOR. Heck, with my luck, the bug could just not appear again.

Anyway, I've "finished" the mod (did not take the time to continue to the Rakatan Temple, so I did not get Matilda's lines there). Really enjoyed the "survival horror" ambiance on the Orion ("In space nobody can hear you scream", heh, brilliant), and the memories unlocked via Matilda were well designed.
 voltes5
08-07-2008, 7:05 PM
Can anyone help? The textures of the robes from this mod are messed up. I got rid of all of the mods in my override folder that modify the robes and the robe textures. Help!
 Silveredge9
08-07-2008, 7:58 PM
Thnx i'll try that and i'll see what happens....

Ok i've tested it and the same thing happens, the textures are still messed. I did what you said, to install BoS and the 1.07 patch after 90SK's robes. Before I had 90SK's robes i still had this problem though.

New Problem: Drix is a human not a rodian, i've played through BoS before and that time he was a rodian, i dont know what i did to turn him into a human.
In times of crisis, the best thing to do is clear your override folder - Which will remove any files that are conflicting with BoS - And then reinstall BoS and it's patch alone.
 jonathan7
08-07-2008, 8:11 PM
Can anyone help? The textures of the robes from this mod are messed up. I got rid of all of the mods in my override folder that modify the robes and the robe textures. Help!

That's because 90SK's K1 robe mod changes the models round of the robes - which is causing the messed up clothes textures - You will need to do some editing yourself, or just choose one or other of the mods.
 voltes5
08-07-2008, 9:33 PM
I got rid of 90SK's robes and the only mod that i think would conflict with BoS is Exar Kun's tomb, but i'll see if i can get it to work.

Edit: OK thnx guys it worked, but sadly i have another problem..........at the cutscene when Darth Malak is touturing Bastila, instead of Bastila it shows Matilda.

Combined double 'bump' post... I'm sorry voltes5 but only the OP may 'bump' a thread in this forum and only for posting and update. If you have the last post in a thread please use the 'edit this' post feature to add your new content to your previous post. Thanks. -RH
 SuperBryBry
08-12-2008, 9:59 PM
I downloaded the main file, and then the subsequent patches. Everything works fine until i get to the orion. No matter what i do, Sera Degana will not spawn. Please help!!!!!! This mod looks really cool and i want it to work!!!
Page: 8 of 10