Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

x64 - Installer of the Jedi: Balance of Power

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkLord79at
09-04-2007, 6:23 PM
Well, I promised and here it is - the Balance of Power MSI setup! No tricks, no cheats - you'll need your own copy of BoP to see for yourself.

http://www.markusegger.at/)

Please understand that this setup is quite complex; it's multidisc (previous XvT installation not required) and works with volume labels (BALANCE, XWVSTIE1). You'll be prompted for the XvT CD when necessary.

It's been quite tedious to overcome a few obstacles:

writing NiftyZip as done in the first place with XvT and bugfixing/refining it with BoP
upgrading an existing XvT installation (done by uninstalling the old version first)
dealing with the large folder of extracted BoP files and laying everying out accordingly
getting the few missing files/folders from the original XvT CD

It's astonishing how well the game seems to work under Vista x64 - without any compatibility modes (they even make it unplayable on my machine).

Have fun!

- Markus

:vsd:
 Wildstar
09-04-2007, 6:53 PM
Don't you mean "playable on my machine"?

Well done! :joy:
 DarkLord79at
09-04-2007, 8:46 PM
Don't you mean "playable on my machine"?

Well done! :joy:

Thanks! No, that's the funny thing about it. Last time I messed with the compatibility settings, nothing worked! XvT and BoP work best as they are - no compat mode. At least on my machine ;-)
 Wildstar
09-05-2007, 2:51 PM
Since I forgot to do so when they were posted, the threads for the XvT and BoP installers have been stickied.
 DarkLord79at
09-05-2007, 4:11 PM
Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1