Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hype: Is there to much pressure on this game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Xirion
07-11-2007, 2:03 AM
Is there already too much pressure on the game to be great, its hyped up in circles as the greatest SW game ever, and it does look good, but as people build expectations for this to be the have all and end all of SW games.
Could TFU be ina for a beating if it doesnt deliver to everyone?
 PoiuyWired
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, I think it is going to be a disappointment in one way or another for quite some people.

I think it would be a good game, but definitely not the beginning of a new world of gaming as some might anticipate.
 Prime
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
It only has to be the greatest game of all time. What's the problem? :D
 JawaJoey
07-12-2007, 2:38 AM
I'm excited for this game because it looks like it's going to be amazing. Not because it's overhyped.

This game has frankly received very little attention. There's no real media buzz about it. No commercials, nothing even at E3, yet. We're still scarce on information. Granted, there is almost a year to go, but at this point, they're barely hyping this game at all, (to my dismay, even), and we're the ones who are doing all the excitedness.

It doesn't appear that they're using marketing to polish a turd or anything, that's what I'm saying. So I'm not too scared of disappointment.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-13-2007, 8:33 PM
Is there already too much pressure on the game to be great, its hyped up in circles as the greatest SW game ever, and it does look good, but as people build expectations for this to be the have all and end all of SW games.
Could TFU be ina for a beating if it doesnt deliver to everyone?

Despite what Jawajoey said, I think that TFU is being overhyped. Yeah, it uses a technology that, currently, only that game and the instant-classic GTA IV work on Euphoria. Course it's being hyped then, even and ever in the shadows of the polemic Rockstar game, that's expected.

I think, however, that it'll be great, IF the final product is what it promises now. But, for some people, it'll be a letdown, no doubt. You think, that when the only Star Wars title announce for the next year (aside from a reduced Battlefront game and a re-release of two recent LEGO based games in one) won't be hyped?
 JawaJoey
07-14-2007, 1:55 AM
Despite what Jawajoey said, I think that TFU is being overhyped. Yeah, it uses a technology that, currently, only that game and the instant-classic GTA IV work on Euphoria. Course it's being hyped then, even and ever in the shadows of the polemic Rockstar game, that's expected.

I think, however, that it'll be great, IF the final product is what it promises now. But, for some people, it'll be a letdown, no doubt. You think, that when the only Star Wars title announce for the next year (aside from a reduced Battlefront game and a re-release of two recent LEGO based games in one) won't be hyped?

That's true. I'm sure that hype will ramp up significantly in the coming months. We'll see if they overdo it. But so far, none of my excitement for the game has come from propaganda or media exposure. The facts are what are getting me pumped.
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't think there is too much pressure on the game. Hey, they pushed the release date back a bit so they can ensure the best for the game. I think they are doing just fine by the looks of it.
 PoiuyWired
07-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Actually I am happy that they are willing to push the release date back instead of giving us yet another rushed glitchy game. I am willing to wait, and I hope others are also.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
It only has to be the greatest game of all time. What's the problem? :D

I though KOTOR 3 was going to be the greatest game of all time....
 Pho3nix
07-14-2007, 3:19 PM
I though KOTOR 3 was going to be the greatest game of all time....

Never gonna happen...

:xp:
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-14-2007, 5:22 PM
Never gonna happen...

:xp:

Never... say... that.
 Master Zionosis
07-14-2007, 8:40 PM
Never... say... that.

I second that ^^
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-15-2007, 12:23 AM
You can't call 'KOTOR 3' the greatest game of all-time, if it's not even announced yet. ;)

So, let's just say, The Force Unleashed is the best game of all-time. ;)
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-15-2007, 6:12 PM
You can't call 'KOTOR 3' the greatest game of all-time, if it's not even announced yet. ;)

True, you can't. But the way he said that, it made sound like Kotor itself isn't going to be made. ;)
 Sabretooth
07-17-2007, 12:14 AM
If there is any pressure on the game, it is because it is the first Star Wars game released in some time (and I'm not taking Lego Star Wars into account here). Also, we haven't had a decent Jedi-whacking, lightsaber-swinging, all-round action game since Jedi Academy, and so everybody wants to make sure this game doesn't blow it.
 Xirion
07-20-2007, 3:38 AM
hmmm the circle im in TFU is very hyped up, but thats all from SW Geeks :P
 tk102
07-20-2007, 2:20 PM
Speaking of hype, just noticed this today http://starwars.yahoo.com)
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-20-2007, 3:01 PM
Nice! Dark Troopers make an appearance! And the Rancor seems more like a Boss of a level, and it's indeed in Felucia!
 Reclaimer
07-20-2007, 4:06 PM
I think they're making him way to powerful.
 Commander Obi-Wan
07-20-2007, 4:53 PM

Jeez, do you have complain or comment on everything? :p
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-20-2007, 4:56 PM
I think he wants to get his post number higher :p
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-20-2007, 8:04 PM

That is on purpose, the game is "Force Unleashed", so, Force powers should... Ah, you got it already.
 Sabretooth
07-21-2007, 12:26 AM
@Jodo, CAD, Zionosis: No game was, is or will ever be greater than Pong. No, just shut up.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-21-2007, 12:34 AM
SUPER MARIO Bros. Pwns PONG :xp:
 Sabretooth
07-21-2007, 5:33 AM
Right, you just hang on to your miserable Mario when my Video Game Nazies invade your house. :xp:

Vader wouldn't pick up a bum to be his apprentice, you know.
 Reclaimer
07-21-2007, 7:53 AM
Jeez, do you have complain or comment on everything? :p

Damn, you know of my plan for world domination!

**Kills Commander Obi-Wan**

He won't be missed. =D

But back on subject: If it's non-canon I wouldn't have a problem with him being powerful, but since it is canon, I just don't like it. I mean, freaking Luke Skywalker never did anything like that as an apprentice, either in the movies or in EU.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-21-2007, 1:53 PM
But back on subject: If it's non-canon I wouldn't have a problem with him being powerful, but since it is canon, I just don't like it. I mean, freaking Luke Skywalker never did anything like that as an apprentice, either in the movies or in EU.

Watched the Clone Wars cartoon? There, Mace Windu takes a vehicle that looks like a great hammer with his bare ends, as well as destroying a legion of SBDs.

Anakin alone destroys entires fighters squadrons.

Kit Fisto bring huge scarab-like underwater vehicle unleashing "Force Bubbles" or something.

...Yeah, I was surprised by him bringing the ISD to the floor too, as a very loved delta would say:

"So much for stealth..."

Sabre: The best game ever is Steven Spielberg's ET, so quit complaining.
 Reclaimer
07-22-2007, 7:36 AM
Lol, Republic Commando was amazing.

I'm gonna go play it again now.
 Sabretooth
07-23-2007, 5:29 AM
Sabre: The best game ever is Steven Spielberg's ET, so quit complaining.

*high-fives CAD*

My friend CAD here is telling the absolute truth. I'd recommend you, yes you! to get a copy of this most amazing game instantly. It will be an experience you will never forget, I promise you.
 DarthMaphisto86
07-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Damn, you know of my plan for world domination!

**Kills Commander Obi-Wan**

He won't be missed. =D

Well in Dark Empire, Luke takes out an AT-AT by pushing it with the Force with very little effort. That's pretty amazing... if Luke Skywalker can do that then he can achieve much more (from a certain point of view :gben: ). See Wookiepedia's article on Luke abilities. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker#Talents)

Obviously this is a game to watch out for. I mean a lot of the technology in this game is state of the art (or was, who knows what's happened in the past few months). ILM and Lucasarts helped develop it and Im sure we will see more of stuff like euphoria and 'digital molecular matter' in video and computer games in the years to come.
Page: 1 of 1