Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how the health and the force bar works

Page: 1 of 1
 revan_221
06-17-2007, 2:48 PM
if you look at the webdoc in that early gameplay footage you will notice that using force like lightining and grip empties your bar quickly but it recharges fast after you use it also the when you get hit by the at-st your health is near emptining
 JawaJoey
06-18-2007, 3:22 AM
Considering that that was basic, rudimentary, undeveloped, proof of concept level gameplay content you saw, I wouldn't count on that being a reliable source of information for any specifics of the final product.
 Jeff
06-18-2007, 9:59 AM
And probably as the game progresses your health and force will become greater.
 RC-1162
06-18-2007, 1:03 PM
^ KotOR style!

I hope there are modifiers that influence the amount of health & force points, like Constitution, Wisdom and Charisma in KotOR.
 Jeff
06-18-2007, 1:51 PM
^ KotOR style!

I hope there are modifiers that influence the amount of health & force points, like Constitution, Wisdom and Charisma in KotOR.Those are RPG elements so I doubt they will be implemented in Force Unleashed. The closest to that you'll get is points to spend on different powers a la Episode III game.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-02-2007, 10:09 AM
And probably as the game progresses your health and force will become greater.

More like God of War and Devil May Cry, which that game should look like. It's not an RPG, dammit, needs action and simple development of your character.
 Master Zionosis
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Considering that was a pre vis i would say that is probably not how it will look or be when the game is released. ;)
 PoiuyWired
07-02-2007, 1:01 PM
I would say character development should be simple, without the multiple level ups and feats and all those complex sheet.

Things like JK/JA series would be nice. After missions so and so, you get increased ability like HP and such prescripted, and with a limited choice of, say, points chosen in the force powers. But keep it simple though.

I mean, sure I would like a choice of different sabers, but that is minor. Remember this is an action game, probably of the fast pace kind. So this is not something where you go collect max mforce/issiles and health upgrades and roll around like a ball.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Things like JK/JA series would be nice. After missions so and so, you get increased ability like HP and such prescripted, and with a limited choice of, say, points chosen in the force powers. But keep it simple though.

That would be like SW: EPIII the game, which is copied from LotR action games. I n fact, I don't want it to be a game divided by missions. So I support the GoW style.
Page: 1 of 1