Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New sp mod needs testers

Page: 1 of 1
 Mercenary
06-11-2007, 7:08 PM
I'm looking for a couple of trustworthy mod testers for a JA single player level. Experience is not necessary but I’ll lean towards choosing those who have some. Right now I need some preliminary testing done. The full length beta is still a couple of months away. I'm not posting details or pics just yet but you can see some of my previous work if you follow the link below:

http://mercenary.bravehost.com/)
 Johnpp
06-12-2007, 3:26 AM
I would be happy to. I do have mapping experience, so I can tell you bugs about what to fix, etc, etc.
 razorace
06-12-2007, 1:25 PM
What kind of sp level is it?
 Mercenary
06-12-2007, 7:15 PM
What kind of sp level is it?

It's not a vehicle map and you have jedi powers. It's comparable to the content of the sp levels in JK2 and JA. The level will have custom roq videos, text crawl, cutscenes, lots of custom textures if not all, mission objectives, etc... I won't go into too much detail about it right now but it takes place on Coruscant.

Vaderrocks, thanks your in. I have a sequence of roq videos to test and I'm hoping to have it ready this weekend. PM me with the email address I should send it to. I'll also send you some screenshots.

I need one more tester...
 razorace
06-12-2007, 7:57 PM
I'm part of OJP (http://mods.moddb.com/9111/open-jedi-project-enhanced/) and we're in need of single player maps that can be converted in cooperative play. Would you be interested and would your level be convertable (reasonably) to have Cooperative play?
 Mercenary
06-13-2007, 6:59 AM
I'm part of OJP (http://mods.moddb.com/9111/open-jedi-project-enhanced/) and we're in need of single player maps that can be converted in cooperative play. Would you be interested and would your level be convertable (reasonably) to have Cooperative play?

I don't think it could be converted to cooperative play. The story would need to be completely changed. I think cooperative play needs to be planned at the early stages of a map if you're going to do it properly and take advantage of that type of play. If I make another map after this one I'll consider it.
 Pahricida
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow never expected you to make a comeback. ;)

Anyways I'd be up for the task.
I've been modding the JKA engine myself since 2002 and I think I know the ins and outs of mapping and modelling for it.

on a sidenote:
these forums sure are dead ... usually if an opportunity like this turned up people were anxious they'd not get a spot.
 razorace
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't think it could be converted to cooperative play. The story would need to be completely changed. I think cooperative play needs to be planned at the early stages of a map if you're going to do it properly and take advantage of that type of play. If I make another map after this one I'll consider it.
That's why I asked. Was trying to get in on it early. Let me know if you decide to do another one.
 Mercenary
06-13-2007, 1:12 PM
That's why I asked. Was trying to get in on it early. Let me know if you decide to do another one.

Unfortunately, I'm too far ahead to adapt the level for it. Cooperative play is intriguing.

Thanks Pahricida. Send me a PM with the email address you want me to use.
 Johnpp
07-20-2007, 8:42 PM
So, I have not been around for a while. (3 weeks or so)

Any updates?
 Mercenary
07-21-2007, 12:25 PM
It took much longer than expected to finish the opening ROQ videos. The time required for rendering the images was ridiculous. Close to 20 hours for a 10 second section! I'm back to texturing and mapping right now. I don't want to put an estimate on how much longer it'll take to finish it up but I doubt it'll take as long as the videos did.
 XZMOD
08-26-2007, 7:29 AM
Guess this is dead... but 20 hours for a 10 second .roq file is ridiculous. I suggest you find someone with a smoother cpu to compress them on.
 Mercenary
08-27-2007, 1:26 PM
Guess this is dead... but 20 hours for a 10 second .roq file is ridiculous. I suggest you find someone with a smoother cpu to compress them on.

Not dead at all. All mapping textures in this mod will be custom made and that is what's really taking a lot of time right now. I had a productive weekend and got a lot done. I'll start a showcase thread when I'm closer to completion.

Compiling the roq video with the roq compiler takes minutes. Rendering the individual images at 30 fps with max quality settings in Vue 6 Infinite takes forever.
 Johnpp
09-01-2007, 5:19 AM
Can't wait to test it...well, I can. The longer you take, the better. Unless you pull a Tim/KotF on us. :|
 Mercenary
12-05-2007, 7:34 PM
OK, I have 99% of the mapping done for the mod. I just have a few small adjustments to make here and there and then merge all the areas into one map.

However, since my mod will be made of all custom mapping textures, I still have lots of work left in that area (maybe 2 to 3 weeks worth). The other major part left to do are the cutscenes. This usually takes me a couple of weeks to complete if all the voice acting is done. I'll start a showcase thread when I get all the custom textures done.

I might need another beta tester. I think one of my testers is MIA. PM me if you're interested. Experience helps.
 razorace
12-06-2007, 1:18 PM
I'm glad to hear you're making progress. :) (But I can't be a beta tester)
 Mercenary
01-08-2008, 9:58 PM
I'm going to start a showcase thread in about a week. The project is close to completion but I need one more beta tester for sure.
 ALEXE
01-14-2008, 8:32 AM
I know I'm a newbie but I am a good gamer, I've been staff of a major GTA SA modding site for some years and I have been testing mods for some of the best modders for GTA. I am intrigued by JKA now, I wanna get in, and I assure you top confidentiality :D
My word is as good as you'll ever find. Let me know...
 Mercenary
01-15-2008, 1:47 AM
I know I'm a newbie but I am a good gamer, I've been staff of a major GTA SA modding site for some years and I have been testing mods for some of the best modders for GTA. I am intrigued by JKA now, I wanna get in, and I assure you top confidentiality :D
My word is as good as you'll ever find. Let me know...

So you've played through JA? What about JK2? You'll have to at least know the story in that game for this mod. If you haven't played it you can read up on it here: Jedi Outcast (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Outcast)
 ALEXE
01-16-2008, 4:24 AM
yeah, I finished JKA twice, I know all SW series and I'm reading up on JKO right now. I might look to d/l this game as well.
But I think I'll have to pull back my testing services, I'm afraid my time is quite limited. I will look for your mod and d/l on release. And I'll give you my honest impressions in the release topic, but I can't really get time to really play this for the next 2 weeks... exam weeks, kna'mean? 3 exams down, 4 to go. Good luck with the mod, though. If you really can't find any other tester in due time, give me a message or contact me on IM (ICQ, MSN or Y!)
Cheers
 Mercenary
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
One of the beta testers has an injury and won't be able to test so I need another tester. This project is pretty much done and it'll sit on my hard drive until it gets a reasonable amount of testing. If you're available to do some testing please reply.
 kessno11
03-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm available to do some testing. I've played through JK2 numerous times, as well as JA.
 Mercenary
03-08-2008, 7:30 PM
I'm available to do some testing. I've played through JK2 numerous times, as well as JA.

Thanks! PM me with the email address you want me to use.
 Pahricida
12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm back in the game and just forgot about this... I'll give you my "report" right after I've played the Resurgence once more. :D
 Darth_Katarn
05-10-2011, 5:52 PM
Hey i'm new to beta testing so this could be a good start so may I test it?
 Psyk0Sith
05-10-2011, 11:15 PM
This thread has been quiet (dead) since 2008...i don't think you'll be able to test it.
 Mercenary
05-12-2011, 7:56 PM
Hey i'm new to beta testing so this could be a good start so may I test it?

You're just a few years late ;) but you can still play the final version

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Eve_of_Redemption;100491)
Page: 1 of 1