Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which console will you get Force Unleashed on?

Page: 1 of 3
 Darth Moeller
06-03-2007, 9:43 PM
For those of you who are planning on buying Force Unleashed when it is released, which console do you plan on buying it for?

Hopefully I'll have an Xbox 360 by the time it is released next spring. If I do then I will be getting it for that. If not maybe I'd try the DS version.
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
PS2 since that's what we have, though I'm eyeing the xbox lately....
 Schmorgy
06-03-2007, 11:57 PM
If I had any of those consoles, I'd get it for the 360. As it stands though, I won't be getting it at all, unless they decide to port it to PC in the near future.
 L0rdReV@n88
06-04-2007, 12:04 AM
probably for ps2, and then if i can get a ps3 by Christmas i would get it for that. i read somewhere that they might even make it for the WII that would be so awesome using the controller as your lightsaber. i cant wait it looks so awesome
 Diego Varen
06-04-2007, 12:06 AM
PS3, but if not that, either PSP or the PS2.
 Jae Onasi
06-04-2007, 12:11 AM
unless they decide to port it to PC in the near future.

From your lips to God's ears....
Can you imagine the modding potential? :)
 Schmorgy
06-04-2007, 12:15 AM
From your lips to God's ears....
Can you imagine the modding potential? :)
No, in fact, I can't. Just thinking about it gives me the goose bumps. Needless to say, it would be absolutely incredible. :)
 Emperor Devon
06-04-2007, 1:38 AM
Alas, none of the listed ones. I'm hoping for a PC port... Hopefully LA will do that eventually if they were willing to release it for the PS2. There's sure a lot more PC-exclusive gamers than PS2-exclusive ones.

No, in fact, I can't. Just thinking about it gives me the goose bumps. Needless to say, it would be absolutely incredible.

Depends if they'd release any tools for it. With the physics system and complex engine it uses modding could be quite difficult. :) Though I suppose I'm thinking a bit far ahead by speculating on tools.
 DarthMaulUK
06-04-2007, 4:16 AM
i dont have any consoles yet but I will be getting the 360 for this one! bring it on!
 Dom_152
06-04-2007, 6:44 AM
Unless they port it to PC I can't get it. The PS2 version will be rubbish in comparison to the next-gen ones. Mainly because DMM and Euphoria simply could not run efficiently on those systems.
 Darth Moeller
06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
probably for ps2, and then if i can get a ps3 by Christmas i would get it for that. i read somewhere that they might even make it for the WII that would be so awesome using the controller as your lightsaber. i cant wait it looks so awesomeI don't have any links or anything to confirm but I'm pretty sure there will not be a Wii version. Too bad too because it would be great with the wii remote and nunchuck, and if PS2 can handle it, then the Wii should be able to handle the graphics.
 Gargoyle King
06-04-2007, 12:18 PM
PS3; 'bout time we had a Star Wars game in High-Def!
 L0rdReV@n88
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
yeah im not sure where i seen it ill try to dig it up darth moeller
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-04-2007, 4:31 PM
The Xbox 360, obviously. ;)

Now, all I have to do, is wait and save up some cash. XD
 Negative Sun
06-04-2007, 6:13 PM
PS2, next gen consoles are overrated and way overpriced...The Wii would have been my first choice were it an option...
 Master Zionosis
06-04-2007, 8:11 PM
360, when i buy one, lol, but I'm hoping for a PC version.
 JawaJoey
06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
360 for me. I have one, and would rather use the 360 (for the better controller if nothing else) regardless.

The PS2 version will be rubbish in comparison to the next-gen ones. Mainly because DMM and Euphoria simply could not run efficiently on those systems.

QFT. Most of the gameplay appeal (although not the story) will be completely lost on every system except the PS3 and 360.

next gen consoles are expensive

Fixed.
 slornie
06-05-2007, 5:36 AM
unless i get a next gen console by the time its released, i will probably end up getting on PS2
 Pho3nix
06-05-2007, 6:43 AM
I'd like to buy it on the Playstation 3.

Only problem is, I don't own one yet. :xp:
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-06-2007, 4:42 PM
I was close to owning the Wii on Ebay but some 20 year old Nintendo fanboy who has no life wasted his mom's Pension on it and out bid us. Oh well, no TFU for me.
 Schmorgy
06-06-2007, 6:33 PM
I was close to owning the Wii on Ebay but some 20 year old Nintendo fanboy who has no life wasted his mom's Pension on it and out bid us. Oh well, no TFU for me.
If you were going to buy it specifically for TFU, it's a very good thing you didn't waste you're money since TFU isn't coming out on the Wii.

If you want this game and you're willing to pay plenty of money, buy a 360 or a PS3.
 DarkAngelPE
06-06-2007, 8:43 PM
It looks like I'll get it for both the 360 and PS3 just to compare how different they may be.

As for the PC (would be) version, the PhysX engine is not that complicated. However, It would be somewhat challening for those with no knowledge, of the engine.

At any rate it is nice to ponder the endless MOD possiablities of this........
................... ........
............., sorry was sidetracked a little. Anyways that is my take on it.
Laters, Happy Modding....

-DarkAngelPE
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-07-2007, 6:44 AM
Well, if the Psp version of BF2 was moddable than maybe we can still have fun the Next gen versions. Thats if, it isn't illegal.... Err never mind.
 Windu Chi
06-07-2007, 7:04 AM
For those of you who are planning on buying Force Unleashed when it is released, which console do you plan on buying it for?
First of all, I won't be getting this game period, until LucasArts start discussing how they're going to implement lightsaber combat, with the Euphoria A.I.

If that condition is satisfied then it will have to be the X-box 360; the vibration feedback in the 360's controller is highly addictive, toward gameplay.
 Thor the Bassis
06-07-2007, 7:57 AM
Has to be 360 - the cheapest and best next gen console by far - microsoft really got it right there.

Also I will be playing Halo 3 on it after buying it in the January sales!
 stingerhs
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
probably the 360, but it won't be for me. it would be for my friend's birthday in January (or later. hopefully, the game will be out before then).

if it comes out on the PC, though, i'll be much happier. :)
 PoiuyWired
06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I guess I will Be buying that Cheaty Control box so I can CORRECTLY use my keyboard and mouse for my 360. The Only TRUE way for an fps type is keyboard/mouse.

Oh, Oh, yes it sucks that they are not doing it for PC. Hopefully they will port it in the near future, or its ps2 emulator for me.

PSP won't be bad either. I mean by then I should be tired of Monster Hunter2.

Thing is, I am sure that most PC gamers have specs that would rifle a PS2 and such. I mean, any pc capable of semi-decent gaming would be able to rival a ps2 now.
 StarWarsPhreak
06-08-2007, 5:44 PM
If it hasn't broken down or is still covered by warranty, I'll be getting it for the 360.
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Is it true that the xbox 360 has many defects?? I own one but nothing has happened, just in case I'm gonna buy an Elite. So it has to come out on the Xbox, but probably it will also come out for the PS3, due to the graphics.
 JawaJoey
06-09-2007, 1:40 AM
Is it true that the xbox 360 has many defects?? I own one but nothing has happened, just in case I'm gonna buy an Elite. So it has to come out on the Xbox, but probably it will also come out for the PS3, due to the graphics.

There's the infamous ring of death. Red lights in a circle around the power button basically mean that your Xbox is broken forever. You CAN get it fixed, however, but it's just an annoying hassle. Microsoft doesn't have stellar customer support, but you can get it fixed. It shouldn't have this flaw in the first place, but it does happen to some Xbox, and there's not much you can do about it. No one knows for sure what the failure rate actually is. Despite it all, though, I think the 360 is still the best choice.

First of all, I won't be getting this game period, until LucasArts start discussing how they're going to implement lightsaber combat, with the Euphoria A.I.

What do you mean? They've stated that saber combat is not going to be ignored, even though the game focuses on force powers. And as it relates to euphoria, well, what exactly do you want? There's not much a stormtrooper can do against a lightsaber anyways. I just don't see what your concern is.

I guess I will Be buying that Cheaty Control box so I can CORRECTLY use my keyboard and mouse for my 360. The Only TRUE way for an fps type is keyboard/mouse.

That's nice, and I totally agree that mouse.keyboard is far and away superior to a gamepad for fps, but TFU isn't an FPS. Granted, Jedi Academy works great on PC, too, but the 3rd person setup doesn't demand mouse+keyboard like fps do, I think.
 Rogue15
06-09-2007, 11:01 AM
360 and probably the DS.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 6:35 PM

You must be thinking of the original Xbox, Micro$oft released the 360 because of the original Xbox's defects.
 Commander Obi-Wan
06-09-2007, 10:43 PM
The Xbox 360 still has many problems as well. Of course, The Red Ring of Death and overheating are some problems that occur. The Xbox 360 Elite (which I own) still has the problems that the other 360s have. The difference is that it has more memory, an HDMI port and cable and a different colour, which didn't resolve any of the problems.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-10-2007, 7:37 AM
Problem made them worse too.
 Fealiks
06-10-2007, 9:05 AM
I'm not planning on getting it, but if I do it will be on PS2. Or maybe PSP, I didn't know they were releasing it on the PSP.
 The Padawan
06-10-2007, 3:54 PM
I will buy it for the 360 .... I think that's my choice :)
 PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 5:48 PM
You must be thinking of the original Xbox, Micro$oft released the 360 because of the original Xbox's defects.

Nope, M$ is good at making buggy systems. But yeah this is my order:
PC(no luck yet) > Wii(no luck) > 360
Ps2 is not worth it, and to hell with ps3.

As for handheld, it would be PSP > NDS for this game, unless some nice features is made for NDS. Better graphics.
 Negative Sun
06-11-2007, 6:08 PM
lol, as if graphics is the main attribute for handhelds...
 vader815
06-12-2007, 6:27 AM
why is the ds, ps2, and psp on the poll? if u go to the official website they say that The Force Unleashed will be using new types of graphics that are only capable on the latest systems. aka xbox 360 and ps3 which are just about the only consoles in existence that have the processing capabilities to handle it.
 Darth Moeller
06-12-2007, 9:21 AM
I don't know for sure how they're gonna do it but I'm guessing they're making a dumbed down version for those consoles. But it is definitely coming out for those 3 systems. LucasArts isn't developing those versions, a different dev is.
 Windu Chi
06-12-2007, 10:23 AM
What do you mean? They've stated that saber combat is not going to be ignored, even though the game focuses on force powers.
Well, can you refer me to this statement, because I haven't seen nothing, of the sort.
It's always been Force powers this and Force powers that. :)

And as it relates to euphoria, well, what exactly do you want? There's not much a stormtrooper can do against a lightsaber anyways. I just don't see what your concern is.
Well, I was refering to Jedi/Sith lightsaber combat, implemented with the
Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I.: the A.I. uses the environment to it's advantage, like grappling on ledges if you try to Force Push your opponent off a platform, they intuitively grab onto enviromental objects in there reach.
The A.I. become adaptive to the surrounding environment and to the combat situtation at the same time.
Or, if you kick your opponent and they are close to falling of a platform, they
intuitively grab onto pipes or handle bars to regain their balance.

I also, want to see a new and revolutionary lightsaber combat system, that will somehow merge Ep III: ROTS the game realistic fluid lightsaber combat with Jedi Knight Academy's, lightsaber parries, saber locks, deflections and also JKA complex acrobatic, maneuvers.
That will be enhance by the Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I and with the Euphoria A.I simulating human motor and nervous system funtion, that will make Jedi/Sith combat more fluid and more realistic looking; look more like the combat in the prequel movies. :lsduel:
 Angelos Kumani
06-14-2007, 6:29 PM
XBOX 360...I was skeptical about Oblivion before playing, but since I am convinced that this is (and will continue to be) a fantastic medium for playing games. Can't wait to see the new engines "unleashed" on this system for this game.
 Ronin`
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm getting mine on Xbox 360 as well. PS3 was too expensive.$$$
 JediLandon
06-19-2007, 10:12 AM
i would by it for the WII. it will be so freaking fun!!!!!! :)
 Darth Moeller
06-19-2007, 12:57 PM
i would by it for the WII. it will be so freaking fun!!!!!! :)Besides the recent rumor (http://www.forceunleashed.net/force-unleashed-news/force-unleashed-for-wii/) about it being on Wii, I think its probable that it will not be released on Wii.
 DarthMaphisto86
06-19-2007, 4:10 PM
Im very interested in this game. I have a Playstation 2 but I agree with many of you that it will be inferior to the next gen versions... perhaps even completley different. An example of this is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which was praised as a excellent game on next gen systems like the Xbox 360 or PS3 but was horribly implemented on the PS2 (believe me I played it... booooring and low key graphics).

Im still debating what new console I would get. Even though the PS3 has gone down in price it is still costly and is butt ugly to be honest. I really want to get the Nintendo Wii but Nintendo is not usually aimed at my gaming niche', but we shall see with more releases. Besides this game is probably not coming out for the Wii despite said rumors. I will believe it when it's offical. And the Xbox 360 is plagued with bugs and problems so it's out of the question.

So my answer would probably be the PS3 as it stands though I probably will not buy that system.
 JawaJoey
06-23-2007, 7:26 PM
Im very interested in this game. I have a Playstation 2 but I agree with many of you that it will be inferior to the next gen versions... perhaps even completley different. An example of this is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which was praised as a excellent game on next gen systems like the Xbox 360 or PS3 but was horribly implemented on the PS2 (believe me I played it... booooring and low key graphics).

Im still debating what new console I would get. Even though the PS3 has gone down in price it is still costly and is butt ugly to be honest. I really want to get the Nintendo Wii but Nintendo is not usually aimed at my gaming niche', but we shall see with more releases. Besides this game is probably not coming out for the Wii despite said rumors. I will believe it when it's offical. And the Xbox 360 is plagued with bugs and problems so it's out of the question.

So my answer would probably be the PS3 as it stands though I probably will not buy that system.

The 360 is definitely not plagued with bugs and problems. The only thing wrong with it is the red light of doom problem. That's a bad one, to be sure. It bricks the system, and you have to send it away to get it fixed (free if you're still under warranty). The actual failure rates are a closely guarded secret, no one knows for sure just how many systems it happens to, but it hasn't happened to mine.

That one big problem aside, there's nothing wrong with the system at all. No other bugs or different hardware failures to worry about. It's up to you to decide if the advantages of the 360 over the PS3 are worth the possibility of having to deal with customer service and lose the system for two weeks. I think they are, completely and totally.

But to say that it is "plagued with bugs and problems" is not true, plain and simple. So do reconsider.
 PoiuyWired
06-24-2007, 8:06 AM
Ok, even though I do not like Micro$oft, I would have to say 360>PS3. It is actually a better system, with so-far much better titles, and with a reasonable stability. Well, at least the 360 I play with does not halt up or have the GSoD for as long as I have played. And yes PS3 does halt up once in a while also.
 JawaJoey
06-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, can you refer me to this statement, because I haven't seen nothing, of the sort.
It's always been Force powers this and Force powers that. :)

Well, I was refering to Jedi/Sith lightsaber combat, implemented with the
Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I.: the A.I. uses the environment to it's advantage, like grappling on ledges if you try to Force Push your opponent off a platform, they intuitively grab onto enviromental objects in there reach.
The A.I. become adaptive to the surrounding environment and to the combat situtation at the same time.
Or, if you kick your opponent and they are close to falling of a platform, they
intuitively grab onto pipes or handle bars to regain their balance.

I also, want to see a new and revolutionary lightsaber combat system, that will somehow merge Ep III: ROTS the game realistic fluid lightsaber combat with Jedi Knight Academy's, lightsaber parries, saber locks, deflections and also JKA complex acrobatic, maneuvers.
That will be enhance by the Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I and with the Euphoria A.I simulating human motor and nervous system funtion, that will make Jedi/Sith combat more fluid and more realistic looking; look more like the combat in the prequel movies. :lsduel:

I kind of glazed over this post last time I read the thread. I was at Celebration IV and went to the TFU panel, and there they did mention that they would not neglect lightsaber combat. I don't have any written proof of that, it was a live event. (I tried the Star Wars Blog (http://starwarsblog.wordpress.com/tag/the-force-unleashed/), they have a transcript of most of it, but I think this comment was part of the audience Q+A, which isn't on there).

That's what I'm basing my idea that it will be fine on. That, and it's a big new Star Wars Jedi game that they're putting a lot of effort into. I just don't seen how they could possibly drop the ball on lightsaber combat.

I wouldn't expect anything "revolutionary" though. They haven't said much at all, and none of it indicates an exceptional saber combat system, not like you're talking about.

I agree that your ideas about saber combat would be cool, but I don't think it's really necessary for that to be in the Force Unleashed. Because no matter what they do end up doing with saber combat, the game is about the Force. Hopefully they'll release another game that really does do some great saber fighting, maybe a new Jedi Knight game, but I don't think they need to do that in this game. It'd be cool, though.
 GeneralPloKoon
07-06-2007, 4:37 PM
I'm extremely excited about this game its hard not to pee my pants! I will get it for the 360. Even if I don't have one by the release date.
Page: 1 of 3