Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No plot/quest items.

Page: 1 of 1
 trettonkilolax
05-29-2007, 3:26 PM
I'm trying to make some of the plot items in KotOR II so that they indeed NOT are plot items anymore.

I found out how I do this in Kotor Tools (in "BIFs", then "templates.bif", then "Blueprint, Item", then double-click and check off "Plot Item"), but I can't seem to find many of them. I found i.e. the dancer's outfit and pazaak deck but many others weren't there.

Q: How can I find these items in Kotor Tool, i.e. the datapads that are plot items and the droid remnants of the droid from Onderon outside the cantina?

Would really appreciate your answers!
 RedHawke
05-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Q: How can I find these items in Kotor Tool, i.e. the datapads that are plot items and the droid remnants of the droid from Onderon outside the cantina?
I would look in the individual area RIM files for Plot specific items as they are usually specific only to certain areas. ;)
 trettonkilolax
05-30-2007, 5:26 AM
I would look in the individual area RIM files for Plot specific items as they are usually specific only to certain areas. ;)

Thanks for the info RedHawke, but if you excuse me for being all noobish and stuff, where would I look in the Kotor Tool to find these area specific RIM-files then? I can't seem to find them.
 Mindtwistah
05-30-2007, 8:06 AM
What is plot items?
 L0rdReV@n88
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
plot items would be like the datapads, the thorum charges, severed arms and anything that you may only find once in a plot specific point
 trettonkilolax
05-30-2007, 11:44 AM
What is plot items?

The same thing as quest items. Items that can't be disposed of.
 Mindtwistah
05-30-2007, 1:17 PM
So the only difference is that you can't sell them?
 Pavlos
05-30-2007, 1:27 PM
So the only difference is that you can't sell them?

Or break them down for components (in TSL), yes. Plot items are usually aesthetic in nature - a key, or a datapad, for example; but they need not be.
 tk102
05-30-2007, 1:30 PM
Thanks for the info RedHawke, but if you excuse me for being all noobish and stuff, where would I look in the Kotor Tool to find these area specific RIM-files then? I can't seem to find them.
Look in Kotor II -> RIMs -> Modules
and you'll see two RIMs for each module name.

The RIMs that end in *_s.rim are the ones that contain the templates for items, creatures, etc and you will find the quest item templates for that module in there.

@Mindtwistah: Yes. Because of that attribute, you can then check a player's inventory to see if they have acquired the item before allowing something else to happen.
Page: 1 of 1