Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Handmaiden as female Exile

Page: 1 of 1
 Nancy Allen``
04-19-2007, 4:09 AM
I heard there was a mod that allowed you to get the Handmaiden as female Exile but haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know where I can get it? If it does exist does it let you have Desciple as well?
 Master Zionosis
04-19-2007, 7:40 AM
Well, first of all you won't be able to have both because they both use the same party slot, and the mod is called "Handmaiden 4 Females" and can be found here (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/11958/handmaiden4femexiles11.rar)

Enjoy!
 stoffe
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, first of all you won't be able to have both because they both use the same party slot, and the mod is called "Handmaiden 4 Females" and can be found here (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/11958/handmaiden4femexiles11.rar)

If you use the Ultimate Saber Mod (USM) you should probably get the latest version (v1.2) instead since it comes with an installer that makes it USM compatible. There should be a link to it in my signature (Handmaiden Choice).
 Rorshach21
06-01-2007, 11:34 AM

Enjoy!

How difficult would it be to assign Handmaiden to, say, Goto's slot? I have used KSE to give myself both Handmaiden and Disciple (briefly change the gender as needed upon the initial encounter), and the only problems are the unavoidable 'hims' that come from Handmaiden's mouth and one of them is left out of Kreia's ending monologue about the future of your companions.

How do characters get assigned to slots in your party screen?
 Master Zionosis
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
How difficult would it be to assign Handmaiden to, say, Goto's slot? I have used KSE to give myself both Handmaiden and Disciple (briefly change the gender as needed upon the initial encounter), and the only problems are the unavoidable 'hims' that come from Handmaiden's mouth and one of them is left out of Kreia's ending monologue about the future of your companions.

How do characters get assigned to slots in your party screen?

Unfortunatly it's not possible, it's hard coded into the game, and can't be changed, personally i hate the disciple, and I'm currently planning a mod to replace the disciple with Obsidian's original intension, the Devaronian "Dvakvar Grahrk".
 stoffe
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Unfortunatly it's not possible, it's hard coded into the game, and can't be changed, personally i hate the disciple

I wouldn't say it's impossible, it's just a lot of work. You'd have to change the scene where The Disciple joins up to put him in G0T0's slot instead, and the scene where G0T0 joins to make sure he doesn't get added to the party.

Then you'll need to find and modify all scripts in the game that refer to the Disciple and G0T0 via party table slot (many cutscenes, dialogs etc) to make the game aware that the Disciple is present and not put him in G0T0's position. If you still want G0T0's scenes to work, and just not have him in the party, you'll have to modify those scenes to use an NPC stunt double for him instead.

Lots of work since there are so many files involved that have to be found and changed, but I can't think of anything that would make it impossible to do, if you have the patience to do it. :)
 Arбtoeldar
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
If you use the Ultimate Saber Mod (USM) you should probably get the latest version (v1.2) instead since it comes with an installer that makes it USM compatible. There should be a link to it in my signature (Handmaiden Choice).

I assume that the version on FileFront is the 1.2 version?
 Nancy Allen``
06-01-2007, 5:20 PM
Ah yes, I forgot to thank you kindly for this mod. But I was wondering if you can get it to work from a save? The best I was able to do, after removing all my other mods, was to get to the cut scene where the Handmaiden was gone, but she didn't appear on the Ebon Hawk at all.

As for GOTO gone, that would rule.
 stoffe
06-01-2007, 5:56 PM
I assume that the version on FileFront is the 1.2 version?

Probably not, since I can't upload updates there. Unless I've overlooked something I could only find version 1.1 at Filefront.

But I was wondering if you can get it to work from a save?

She gets added to the party during the cutscene where you get the Council chamber flashback (if you picked the proper dialog option with her at the Telos Academy, or your character is male). So if you don't have any save from the Telos academy I suppose you could run a script that does the same thing (add HM to the party) from elsewhere in the game. The script used for adding her to the party is a_addhandmaid.
 Ferc Kast
06-01-2007, 6:44 PM
Probably not, since I can't upload updates there.

Oh, really? One time, I sent a mod there. Weeks later, I sent an update to that mod. Both were uploaded to FileFront.
 Arбtoeldar
06-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Probably not, since I can't upload updates there. Unless I've overlooked something I could only find version 1.1 at Filefront.

My bad stoffe, for some weird reason I was thinking that a newer version of the USM came your patcher. It was a major brain fart. :o
Page: 1 of 1