Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Prolog, Peragus, and Harbinger Issue Correction Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Ulic and Cay
04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
================================================== ======
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: (THE SITH LORDS) MODIFICATION
Prolog, Peragus, and Harbinger Issue Correction Mod
================================================== ======

Download this mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Prolog_Peragus_and_Harbinger_Issue_Correction_Mod;) 81936)

From the Readme:

Author: Ulic
Name: Prolog, Peragus, and Harbinger Issue Correction Mod

Filename: Prolog_Peragus_Harbinger_Issues.rar
File Size: 8.25 MB (.98 MB Archived)
Date Released: August 12, 2007

1. Description:
----------
This mod addresses most of the Prolog, Peragus, and Harbinger issues present in SW: KotORII: TSL version 2.10. These issues include various dialog, scripting, and game play issues, for a complete list of changes see below. Every effort was made to preserve the story as it was and leave the balance of game play unchanged. This is a stand alone mod, however, the idea is that it will function as a nice supplement to all the hard work done by Team Gizka on their TSLRP resulting in a game that is as fun and issue free as possible. Note that this mod is currently only for the English version of the game, other language versions are not supported. Great care has been taken to ensure compatibility with other mods but I make no promises. Lastly, by its vary nature this mod only effects the beginning stages of the game and will require starting a new game in order to enjoy it.

2. Issues Corrected:
----------
– 3C-FD is in T3's way during the outro sequence after completing the Prolog
– 3C-FD will not stay "irreparable damaged" in the secure cargo hold if the module is reloaded once the blast door to the fuel depot has been opened
– A damaged computer terminal in the dormitories changes to working after it is interacted with
– All of Atton's float texts are missing VO
– All of HK-50's float texts are missing VO
– Atton does not deliver all of his banter float texts as he should
– Canceling the prolog will give the exile all the items T3 had at that moment
– During the dock officer's third dormitory hologram, he suddenly uses an injured stance halfway through the dialog
– During the escape from Peragus, if the Sith board the Ebon Hawk, the door to the storage room is bashable
– During the first dialog with Atton there is a scene with a camera inside the force cage making it look as if it has been turned off
– Grammatical mistake in the maintenance officer's console: "." comes after "
– Grammatical mistake in the security officer's console: "." comes after "
– HK-50 plays a "walking" noise but does not move when you first meet him
– HK-50 repeatedly greats you as you move up and down the hallway next to his room in 103PER
– HK-50 when talking about reaching the miners: VO: "For that" ST: "in order to accomplish that"
– If the Sith board the Ebon Hawk while escaping from Peragus, the sealed door warning has grammar issues
– In the holographic recording where HK-50 sends 3 droids to kill Coorta, the droids get stuck and don't finish moving to their exit waypoints after killing him and the other miners
– In the Peragus tunnels the droid behind the sealed door will not attack other droids if you previously added "other droids to droid mining protocols"
– In the Peragus tunnels the droid behind the sealed door will still attack the Exile even if you previously blinded the droids
– In the Peragus tunnels the droid behind the sealed door will still attack the Exile even if you previously canceled "all droid mining functions on organics"
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in Coorta's first holographic dialog
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in Coorta's second holographic dialog
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in Coorta's third holographic dialog
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in Sien's holographic dialogs
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in the administrator's first set of holographic dialogs
– Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “” in the dock officer's first set of holographic dialogs
– Issue with Atton's dialog as you flee the Harbinger: VO: "Farther" ST: "Further"
– Issues with administrator's second set of holographic dialogs: Unskipable, Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with dock officer's second set of holographic dialogs: "Maybe" instead of "maybe", Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with HK-50's first dialog: VO: "to be still" ST: "Still to be", VO: "to" ST: "for"
– Issues with medical officer's holographic dialog: VO: "lockdown" ST: "lockd-", Her lips move with the computer's emergency lockdown warning, Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with security officer's holographic dialogs: VO: "It'll" ST: "That'll", VO: "circuit" ST: "circuits", "," should come after ", Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with the Harbinger captain's first set of holographic dialogs: VO: "we've plotted a course..." ST: "we plotted a course..", VO: "If there's a Sith presence" ST: "If there is a Sith presence", There need to be “” around HK-50's lines, Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with the Harbinger captain's second set of holographic dialogs: VO: "We attached an umbilical" ST: "We attached a umbilical", There need to be “” around "I have come for the Jedi.", Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– Issues with the Harbinger medical officer's Sith survivor hololog: VO: "over time... and then put" ST: "over time... then put", She uses a "taunt" animation, causing one line in the dialog to be "non-injured"
– Issues with the maintenance officer's holographic dialogs: VO: "I... Oh, stop!" ST: "Oh, stop!", The "injured" animation is used incorrectly in a dialog, Incorrect use of ‘’ instead of “”
– It is possible to check the "flash code" transmission an infinite amount of times from the dormitory computer terminal which is unnecessary
– It is possible to repeatedly trigger the computer voice's "Emergency lockdown overridden" line when returning to the administration level from the dormitories
– Kreia's dialog when first boarding the Harbinger sometimes does not play immediately which causes problems with the direction Atton is facing for some of his lines
– Kreia's telepathy music plays over the background music when interacting with the "exit" door every time. It should only play the first time
– Kreia's telepathy music plays over the background music when interacting with the door to Atton's holding cell every time. It should only play the first time
– No DS or LS points are awarded when first interacting with your new party members on the Harbinger
– One of Sean's holographic dialogs ends abruptly long before he is hit from behind by Coorta
– Text from X-box tutorial needs to be removed when clicking on the closed door just beyond the morgue
– The "sensor ball" shown during one of Atton's dialogs while in the mining tunnels is actually Bao-Dur's remote
– The "Fuel Line" camera at the maintenance officer's computer does not show T3 in the fuel pipeline as it should after T3 has been disabled by HK-50
– The droid you can repair at the beginning of the Peragus mining tunnels is not blinded with the rest of the droids if the temperature is turned up
– The first hatch you open on the outside of the Ebon Hawk disappears; however, the others remain selectable
– The Guidon Beacon, a staff weapon intended for Peragus, is not present in the Peragus modules
– The hangar containment field float text should say "any way" not "anyway"
– The Heavy Mining Laser, a long range weapon intended for Peragus, is not present in the Peragus modules
– The initial sequence where the PC meets HK-50 does not play as was originally scripted
– The journal entry after finding 3C-FD has a "," at the beginning
– The journal entry after finding T3 in the fuel line is awkwardly worded
– The "Log Terminal" in the dormitories is placed so it partially blocks the doorway
– The maintenance officer's "spliced" voiceprint ID protocol dialog never plays, only the "smooth"
– The maintenance officer's computer should actually beep when it says "BEEPING FROM CONSOLE"
– The message when clicking the door to the "garage" during the Prologue has a typo, "breech" instead of "breach"
– The turbolift lockdown quest journal entries do not function as intended, they are not updated as intended and some journal entries are missing.
– The Vibrocutter, a weapon intended for the very beginning of Peragus, is not present in the Peragus modules
– When Atton first uses the computer his dialog should say "transmission" not "transmissions"
– When Atton informs you about the central control center "So" is missing from the subtitles
– When contacting Hanger Bay 25 after T3 has been shot the sentence ends with a "," instead of a "."
– When contacting T3 in Hanger Bay 25 sometimes the PC will also have the "security camera effect" when it should only be played for T3
– When HK-50 replays the maintenance officer's last words: VO: "They're burning through my leg! I... Oh, stop! Stop, please-" ST: "They've burned through my leg! I... stop! Stop, st-"
– When Kreia teaches you the Precognition power the ST contains grammatical mistakes. There should be “” around Precognition, There should be a "," after "…ah"
– When you encounter HK-50 for the first time and ask about the dead maintenance officer laying on the floor the camera should focus more on the maintenance officer's body as HK-50 delivers his final words

3. Bugs:
----------
During the install you will receive one warning "Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "ScriptNotice" in c_drdastro003.utc, skipping..." the mod will install correctly despite this warning.
 Aurora Starfire
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Um, this looks very nice, but I didn't see a download link.
 Arбtoeldar
04-09-2007, 8:41 PM
Mad Props to you for making this mod. I would suggest that you send it to http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)

Shem is great about getting things available for download.
 wasa7
04-09-2007, 8:54 PM
Hello! Yes, where's the link? I want this mod!!! :P
 jamng
04-09-2007, 9:09 PM
 Arбtoeldar
04-09-2007, 9:34 PM
 Quatra
04-12-2007, 3:07 AM
I have a problem with your mod. I just installed it with Oldflash mega pack and when i go through the prologue, the game crash and goes to windows. When i skip the prologue, i can play through Paragus...
 Ulic and Cay
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I have a problem with your mod. I just installed it with Oldflash mega pack and when i go through the prologue, the game crash and goes to windows. When i skip the prologue, i can play through Paragus...

Can you give me the link to the "Oldflash mega pack"? If I can find it I'll look into what the conflict is.
 oldflash
04-13-2007, 3:18 AM
A single file modifyed by me is used on prologue: "c_medbaypc.utc" - that make pc to show with regular cloth in med bay.
In Ulic and Cay's pack I haven't see that file so is safe to remove from override. If is still crash may be another problem.
Other possible conflicts: c_drdastro003.utc and c_sensorball.utc
For those I use to replace model files and could be some problems when you play on peragus.
 Quatra
04-14-2007, 4:09 PM
the pack name is Final Touch
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172232&highlight=oldflash)
I removed the c_medbaypc.utc from the override and it solved the problem.
 Slkwind
04-30-2007, 1:58 PM
I downloaded and tried to install it. However all I got was a word doc that told me how to install and what files are in the fix. Can you please help. I downloaded it from here http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.file...ction_Mod;77864).
thanks
 Ulic and Cay
04-30-2007, 5:17 PM
I downloaded and tried to install it. However all I got was a word doc that told me how to install and what files are in the fix. Can you please help.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong or how familular you are with .rar files so I'll go through exactly what you need to do after downloading the mod.
When you download it from filefront it is packaged as a .rar file so you need winrar to unarchive it. You can grab it here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) If you have winrar just double click on the download. Winrar will start up and you can simply drag the "Prolog, Peragus, Harbinger Issues" folder you see there to your desktop.
Once you unarchive the .rar file make sure that you don't change the file hierarchy within the "Prolog, Peragus, Harbinger Issues" file as it needs to be maintained for the installer to function. Also make sure that you don't extract the .rar file directly to the "Override" folder in the game directory or the installer will not function properly.
Once the "Prolog, Peragus, Harbinger Issues" file has been unarchived you should be able to open it up and click on the file named "Setup - RUN THIS TO INSTALL.exe" There are some steps that are listed which you need to follow before clicking the "Install Mod" button at the bottom right. Make sure that you complete those steps or the installation will fail. Take care of those and then click the "Install Mod" button and you should be set. Make sure you keep the new folder named "Backup" which was created if you ever want to uninstall the mod.

Now that I've been through all of that... If the problem is that you don't have a "Setup - RUN THIS TO INSTALL.exe" or a "tslpatchdata" folder full of files inside the "Prolog, Peragus, Harbinger Issues" folder then I would guess there was an error when you were downloading it and I would try again.

Let me know if any of that helps.
 Slkwind
04-30-2007, 6:13 PM
Thanks, I will try that.
 Ulic and Cay
05-02-2007, 2:18 PM
Hey I was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who has downloaded and played through the mod. Overall what did you think? Did I miss anything you would like to see addressed in later versions? Notice any bugs? Was it easy enough to install?
This was my first mod and I'm just wondering how it went over (thanks in advance to anyone who responds). Also it was tons of fun everyone should play around with modding.
 Slkwind
05-03-2007, 5:24 PM
Hey I was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who has downloaded and played through the mod. Overall what did you think? Did I miss anything you would like to see addressed in later versions? Notice any bugs? Was it easy enough to install?
This was my first mod and I'm just wondering how it went over (thanks in advance to anyone who responds). Also it was tons of fun everyone should play around with modding.

Sorry I did not get back to you right away, I had to start with a fresh install. I finished the prolog and it was great. I know that you are looking for more and when I'm able to play (this weekend) I will give you some more feedback. I would really like to mod I have so many ideas but don't know how. I have downloaded the files to explain But it takes time to learn. I will give you more after I have played through.

Edit: This is a great mod. I really enjoyed using it. It fixes so much in the begaining of the game. Keep up the good work
 Ulic and Cay
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM
There is a new, polished up, hopefully final and bug free release listed up top. Also I don't think that there should be any problem with Oldflash's Final Touch any longer. I think that crash might have been random and caused by a syntax error I had made which has been fixed. I could be wrong though...
 Quatra
05-15-2007, 8:41 PM
the bug in the prologue is still there. When the girl say "there is someone or something else alive in the ebon hawk" then i should see hk-50 entering the ship but the game crash :(
 Ulic and Cay
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
So there's another version out. Some restored weapons, a few other tweaks... Check the readme posted above for everything that's been restored and changed.
 GhostGL
08-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I had the other version installed. Deleted all the files in override but getting a error when it trys to install. Not sure if it's because of one of the files from the other version or what.

But also is there anyway to fix the video of Sion breaking out of the kolto tank so that it matches up with the audio of him breaking out?
 Ulic and Cay
08-14-2007, 2:59 AM
I had the other version installed. Deleted all the files in override but getting a error when it trys to install. Not sure if it's because of one of the files from the other version or what.

But also is there anyway to fix the video of Sion breaking out of the kolto tank so that it matches up with the audio of him breaking out?
Well as to the first question, I'm not sure what's going on. If you could post or PM me the install log that was created that will give me some idea as to what is going on.
Now as to the second question; are you talking about an action/audio mismatch when you watch the security camera video of Sion breaking out of the Kolto tank in the medlab, or are you talking about the medlab security camera/bridge audio log issue where there is a scream in the audio log that is missing from the medlab video?
If its the first I don't know, I don't get that problem, but you could try playing around by adding/changing some "DelayCommand()" lines in the script that runs there. If its the second its easy enough to add the scream, also by tweaking the same script I was talking about above. I did that once when I was first putting together the mod but it sounded so bad I took it out. Feel free to mess around with it yourself though if you prefer it.
 Altmaster
08-14-2007, 3:56 AM
So, what's going to happen when TSL-RP is released? You've indicated it's a supplement to their work - but will it need to be updated? Just interested.
 Ulic and Cay
08-14-2007, 4:20 AM
So, what's going to happen when TSL-RP is released? You've indicated it's a supplement to their work - but will it need to be updated? Just interested.
Short answer, based on how TSLRP responded to my questions on that issue, as of now a new release shouldn't be require to be compatible.
Long answer, once TSLRP is released you will, however, have to install TSLRP then reinstall this mod, following an extra step that I have indicated in the install instructions of this latest release. This is because of how TSLRP is implementing their mod. All mods that modify the globalcat.2da or the global.jrl for example will need to rework their install to be similar to this one.
 GhostGL
08-14-2007, 9:07 AM
Well as to the first question, I'm not sure what's going on. If you could post or PM me the install log that was created that will give me some idea as to what is going on.
Now as to the second question; are you talking about an action/audio mismatch when you watch the security camera video of Sion breaking out of the Kolto tank in the medlab, or are you talking about the medlab security camera/bridge audio log issue where there is a scream in the audio log that is missing from the medlab video?
If its the first I don't know, I don't get that problem, but you could try playing around by adding/changing some "DelayCommand()" lines in the script that runs there. If its the second its easy enough to add the scream, also by tweaking the same script I was talking about above. I did that once when I was first putting together the mod but it sounded so bad I took it out. Feel free to mess around with it yourself though if you prefer it.

Ok i did a new install of KOTOR2. Then installed this again it installed but i got one warning, this is the warning i got in the log.

• Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "ScriptNotice" in c_drdastro003.utc, skipping...

yeah the security video of him breaking out. In the aduio it's a woman that screams, but in the security video it's just some dude standing there and he doesn't say anything, then Sion breaks out but doesn't say anything either, i reinstalled late last night, so haven't gotten chance to try this to see how its working with that one warning.
 Ulic and Cay
08-14-2007, 3:35 PM
Ok i did a new install of KOTOR2. Then installed this again it installed but i got one warning, this is the warning i got in the log.

• Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "ScriptNotice" in c_drdastro003.utc, skipping...

yeah the security video of him breaking out. In the aduio it's a woman that screams, but in the security video it's just some dude standing there and he doesn't say anything, then Sion breaks out but doesn't say anything either, i reinstalled late last night, so haven't gotten chance to try this to see how its working with that one warning.

Yeah that warning is going to come up for everyone, sorry guys. Don't worry it won't effect anything about the game. I made a mistake configuring the patcher. Left out one tiny word, "ScriptNotice" instead of "ScriptOnNotice" I could have sworn I fixed that though... Oh well... Like I said there is no problem because of the warning.
As to the second point, I guess I could have added his "I have come for the Jedi." line but trust me the scene plays better without that awful scream. Again if you want to mess with it yourself the dialog is "sion_cut.dlg" located in "152HAR_dlg.erf" and the script is "a_sion_cut.nss" located in "152HAR_s.rim".
 GhostGL
08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Ah ok, yeah guess the scream was kinda bad. Are ya planning on doing any other corrections for later parts of the game? Oh one other thing, when it shows the gas killing them sometimes they'll pop right back up or just stand there. Dunno if it's just me or just random or what but yeah then i've watched it other times and they fall down like they should and usally stay down
 Ulic and Cay
08-15-2007, 5:49 AM
The other areas of the game should be touched up by TSLRP when its released. In fact it was TSLRP that inspired this mod (they decided not to mess with the Peragus modules so I thought I'd give it a go).
I know about the dormitory holominers glitch. It seems to be a problem with the engine itself rather than a scripting or dialog error. How badly the scene will glitch depends on whether or not you left the gas on and how long the game has been running (due to the memory leak that is present in TSL). It, unfortunately, is not something that I (or anyone) can do anything about.
 Ulic and Cay
09-22-2007, 6:27 PM
The stand alone install is still available however if you plan on installing the K2RP it is not needed as the two projects have been merged.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I must say this makes TSL much better. Even if Obsidian had fixed small things like this they would have had a much better game.
 GamerX51
10-04-2009, 3:43 PM
Sorry for the huge necropost, but I've encountered a very annoying bug... When I get to the droid maintenance bay (where the HK50 is), the Maintenance officer's holologs won't play anymore! I also have the Restored Content Mod 1.4 installed, as well as Redhawke's item mods.

Is there anything that can be done about this bug? It's really annoying me! :mad:
 Darth Cryptic
10-04-2009, 6:02 PM
I've got the same combo, and haven't had any issues. What order did you install them?
 GamerX51
10-04-2009, 7:44 PM
I've got the same combo, and haven't had any issues. What order did you install them?

I installed the RCM 1.4 First, then this mod, followed by Redhawke's mod.
 CrisG
10-05-2009, 8:06 AM
it is great we can use this plus the new Restored Content Restoration mod and they work well together. I have one question: i noted that it looks like they cut a line of dialog out of the game..and I would like to restore it. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

the mod author says:

Yeah that warning is going to come up for everyone, sorry guys. Don't worry it won't effect anything about the game. I made a mistake configuring the patcher. Left out one tiny word, "ScriptNotice" instead of "ScriptOnNotice" I could have sworn I fixed that though... Oh well... Like I said there is no problem because of the warning.

As to the second point, I guess I could have added his "I have come for the Jedi." line but trust me the scene plays better without that awful scream. Again if you want to mess with it yourself the dialog is "sion_cut.dlg" located in "152HAR_dlg.erf" and the script is "a_sion_cut.nss" located in "152HAR_s.rim".

I appreciate the opinion of the author but i would like to see the game the way the developers wanted it to be as much as possible and would like to restore this one line back in again.
 Weavel
10-05-2009, 8:51 AM
Check my sig, the LOTSE might help ya...
Page: 1 of 1