Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Page: 4 of 8
 Jae Onasi
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Would you mind posting where you found it? I wouldn't mind checking that out myself. :)

Also, see up a few posts to 145 to decrease loading times--the load times do increase as you get farther into the game.
 Lantzen
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Well the problem with the loading time i had before, they were like that long from the like the begining, and when i got to Downtown/Hoolywood it wasnt playable anymore. But since i got my new comp it works fine

And here is the mod http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=433), it's like a background whisper when you are running around, il really feel like my Malkavian is a little more crazy now, then it was before :)
 Jae Onasi
09-26-2007, 2:48 AM
Unofficial patch 4.2 (http://files.filefront.com/vtmbup42rar/;8591806;/fileinfo.html)) is up at filefront. Planet Vampire has a description of what it does (it includes all previous patches):

Made Tawni quest show failure at once and added Tourette condition.
Reconstructed Bertram's pc and incooperated text of unused emails.
Added inaccessible Blood Heal and Blood Buff infos to loading tips.
Restored over twenty unused lines for several NPCs, thanks to mzz.
Translated russian words and fixed Boris' and Chunk's fight scenes.
Updated BSPEdit tool and fixed laser beams, thanks to RobinHood70.
Made Milligan leave after Intimidation and Pisha react accordingly.

Fixed clipping and blocking Venture Tower debris, thanks to MooCHa.
Removed last respawning at Giovanni mansion and alert state error.
Corrected clerk adressing women "Sir" and some badly placed decals.
Repaired possible syntax issues for many dialogues, thanks to mzz.
Corrected Mitnick's position, some subtitles and more text details.
Made SM blueblood stay dead and cop cars on pier vanish correctly.
Fixed some dialogue problems of Knox, Skelter, LaCroix and Heather.
 Corinthian
09-26-2007, 3:18 PM
Incidentally, if you like this game, you might also like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. It's by the same developer, Troika.
 GameGeeks
09-27-2007, 8:34 AM
tryed the origional Arcanum game and didn't like it loved both masqurades though (the first was alot harder so it took me a while) also anyone else use the PnP patch that adds nearly all the clans?
 Pavlos
05-17-2008, 5:27 AM
The unofficial 5.3 patch is up, by the way. You can grab the patch here (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php).

The changes made are as follows:
v5.3 15.05.2008
----
Tweaked new stealth rules and made rating visible at Tawni's place.
Made first person view melee fighting possible, thanks to Offkorn.
Restored plus conditions for hg firearms, computer and dodge books.
Made braid raise perception and improved Fu Syndicate test timing.
Fixed blood return and purge and added xp for hacking freezer code.
Removed warehouse bum before cutscene and made tubes not sellable.
Added some idle expressions to Gimble and Jack during the tutorial.
Fixed minor dialogue bugs, a Dane computer issue and version info.
Restored Jeanette scene for females and Larry's quest for everyone.
Prevented surplus CD quest email and corrected Maria dress detail.
Fixed Beckett's scholarship bonus and Pearl item, thanks to MooCHa.
Removed Tzimisce creation burning death and an Empire door handle.
Fixed occasion of Yukie not getting her sword and minor map issues.
Corrected looping conversation and look-through duct at warehouse.
Restored beach house inspection and changed Eldritch Prodigy bonus.
Corrected wrong newspaper icons and restored valve and oven icons.
Replaced sky at the Ocean House hotel to get rid of oversized moon.
 stoffe
05-17-2008, 6:12 AM
The unofficial 5.3 patch is up, by the way. You can grab the patch here (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php).

Anyone know if there are any unofficial patches that just fixes bugs, while leaving the game dynamics unchanged? I'm a bit reluctant to use these unofficial patches since they mess with so many other things, some which I don't agree with. :)
 Lantzen
05-17-2008, 7:43 AM
Yeah, there is. It's called "True Unofficial Patch", think there are at version 5 or something and thats there final version. And i fully agree with you Stoffe, they change to much and add thing how they want it to be. Is that really what you call a patch ? I wouldent call it that atleast
 Acleacius
05-17-2008, 4:38 PM
Stoffe, the Unofficial Patch includes 2 patches in it's download. One is called Basic which is only fixes and the second is called Plus which activates unused content and fixes serious unbalanced issues Troika obviously didn't have time to implement and fix. The Read-me includes a list of changes for each of the patches.

Right Lantzen, that's the people that stole all the work the Unofficial Patch Team and put it into *their own patch* without asking permission or giving credit. Then to confuse the Bloodline community and fans they started using the Unofficial Patch Team numbering system to undermine the real work being done to fix the game.

Personally I would never use the patch listed by Lantzen since this patch was done out of spite for the community, stealing work and not even giving credit for the stolen work. They constantly tried to undermine the work of the Unofficial Patch team. The UOP team goes out of it's way to support the community offering a forum for feedback about potential changes and how to implement them.

To me stealing other modders work and showboating out of arrogance is destructive to the community and not worth supporting.
 Pavlos
06-14-2008, 6:53 AM
Source (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php)

VtM: Bloodlines (from the late developer Troika) has been patched by fans up to v5.4. You can grab the patch here (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php).

Repaired braid perception powerup and Yukie and VV dialogue issues.
Restored third person melee and included alternate files in tools.
Corrected minor dialogue and map details and two item descriptions.
Swapped tape messages at Grout's Mansion and fixed clipping ghoul.
Restored Toreador humanity xp bonus and burning Tzimisce creations.
Added many expressions towards Nosferatu and adjusted some others.
Fixed missing Patty quest update and a possible Boris and Dema bug.
Repaired warehouse bum leaving and Romero fun sound playing again.
Fixed Dane crane switch directions and removed Venture window taxi.
Removed Misti freebie for Nosferatu and added a Sweeper reference.
Changed sound for dead body container and some npctemplate genders.
Added short-time bar replacement for Venus in case you killed her.
Made Glaze monitor turn off earlier and fixed Zhao death reference.
Moved Kamikaze Zen vent exit into a back alley to make more sense.
Corrected wrong observatory manhole sound and many bad drop sounds.
Placed females at the Blood Hunt and restored Heather clothes fix.
Corrected a TBO sign typo and male Tremere model, thanks to MooCHa.
Fixed Prodigy history not being available and Dane computer issue.
Corrected contradiction of Wong Ho newscaster and newspaper report.
Fixed Pestilence for bosses and visible taxi TV icon and triggers.
Restored netcafe headrunner sequence and a Giovanni guard sentence.
Corrected Skelter/Patty issues and removed wrong gestures of Jack.
Restored unused Daniel Ash - Come Alive song into the Empire hotel.
Added TV sound to Nosferatu haven and made Sweeper defend himself.

What fun!
 stoffe
06-14-2008, 7:38 AM
Nice, though it seems like one of those patches with arbitrary tweaks and not just bugfixes so personally I think I'll skip it. :)

Restored third person melee and included alternate files in tools.

I've been playing pretty much the whole game in third person view (except when sniping), so don't know what there is to restore about melee combat?

Restored unused Daniel Ash - Come Alive song into the Empire hotel.

That song isn't unused, I know I've heard it in-game somewhere. :)
 Lantzen
06-16-2008, 7:33 AM
Stoffe from my understanding there is two versions after you downloaded it. One that fixes bugs (And restore cut content i think), and one that add completly new content
 Q
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Lantzen is correct. During the installation the installer will give you the option to install either the "basic" patch or the "plus" patch. Choose the "basic" patch if you want to forgo all of the gratuitous embellishment of the "plus" patch. ;)

And I am in complete ageement with stoffe that Wesp goes way overboard with the changes that he makes to game with the "plus" patch.
 Jae Onasi
06-18-2008, 5:31 PM
Tessera apparently has made a 'true' patch that's supposed to fix the bugs and restore the game to what Troika supposedly wanted it to be--link is in the post here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/download.html?sid=6180181v) or here in Tessera's thread (http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/bloodlines_tech_support/b50391/8720286/p1/?167).
Apparently Tessera's relations with Wesp are a bit strained because of the 2 rival patches.

Edit: Darling Violetta's 'Smaller God' isn't replaced in the Empire hotel, is it? I prefer her song to Ash's.
 Achilles
06-19-2008, 3:25 AM
Nice find, Jae. I only wish you'd found it about 2 days sooner.

I'm too far into this playthrough to start over with a new patch now *pouts*
 Lange
06-19-2008, 8:26 AM
Loved the game. I thought the intro scene was pretty hilarious though. First time I watched it I was like
"Okay... They're making out. Mhm..."
*Guy comes in the door, does a mega jump and stabs them both*
"WTF?"
 Det. Bart Lasiter
06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I wish they had different movies for the different clans though. Something about a Ventrue ****ing in some ratty apartment or hotel or whatever just bothered me.
 Lantzen
06-19-2008, 2:02 PM

Or you could have looked on the page before this ^^ I mention those there, but don't link them :xp: I also get some angry response about stolen work, but whatever ^^
 Q
06-20-2008, 9:31 AM
Yes, there is a lot of controversy concerning Tessera's patch, but I used it in my first playthrough and liked the game experience a lot better than with Wesp's "plus" patch, which I thought made way too many changes. It's also less than half the size, which for people stuck with dialup (like me) means a lot.

I really don't have a clue as to whether Tessera stole anything from Wesp or not. :giveup:
 Jae Onasi
06-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Yes, but that's a great excuse to do another playthrough after this one. :D
 Achilles
06-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes, but that's a great excuse to do another playthrough after this one. :DThat's kinda what I was thinking too :)
 The Source
06-22-2008, 2:32 PM
I wish they had different movies for the different clans though. Something about a Ventrue ****ing in some ratty apartment or hotel or whatever just bothered me.
The Starline Haven -or- The Pawn Shop Haven?

I have a problem with knowing that the apartment vents are able to be opened. Grrr... I know its all psychological. Lol... I love the fish tank wall and widescreen television you get though. How do you replace the fish when they are dead?

I'm in China Town now. :) I think this is my 20th+ play through. I will probally choose another clan next.
 stoffe
06-22-2008, 3:16 PM
The Starline Haven -or- The Pawn Shop Haven?

Presumably the intro cinematic where your character gets Vamped. The room you're in there looks pretty seedy.

I have a problem with knowing that the apartment vents are able to be opened.

The nosferatu entrance. Though the Skyline apartments building is a bit creepy overall, with the spy monitor in the basement and all. :)

How do you replace the fish when they are dead?

Undead fish. Keeps swimming forever.
 Kristy Kistic
06-22-2008, 8:09 PM
According to all the reviews and info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines) I've read about Bloodlines, there is supposed to be a song in the game called Needle's Eye by Die My Darling. I have looked through the resources thoroughly and haven't seen it. Is this song actually in the game that anyone knows of? Or was that only on the soundtrack cd itself?
 stoffe
06-23-2008, 7:56 AM
According to all the reviews and info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines) I've read about Bloodlines, there is supposed to be a song in the game called Needle's Eye by Die My Darling. I have looked through the resources thoroughly and haven't seen it. Is this song actually in the game that anyone knows of? Or was that only on the soundtrack cd itself?

It's in the game, but not as a stand-alone song as far as I can tell. It's part of the final Deb of Night radio show episode, after the commercials and the Darling Violetta song. It's in the radio_loop_5.mp3 file, beginning at around the 17 minute mark.
 Kristy Kistic
06-23-2008, 7:29 PM
It's in the game, but not as a stand-alone song as far as I can tell. It's part of the final Deb of Night radio show episode, after the commercials and the Darling Violetta song. It's in the radio_loop_5.mp3 file, beginning at around the 17 minute mark.

You know it kinda scares me that you actually knew this...jk :D

Thanks stoffe!
 Pavlos
08-02-2008, 12:54 PM

The seemingly everlasting effort to patch Troika's Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines has just produced its latest update (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php), bumping the game up to the unofficial version, 5.5.

The changes are listed below:
(+) indicates changes in the 'Plus'-version of this patch

+Moved Pyro Crossbow from Society to Syndicate instead of bloodpack.
+Changed new stealth rules so that only highest sneaking is harder.
Made Ocean House quest failure update when reconciling the sisters.
Fixed details with Isaac, Boris, Jack, Heather, Mercurio and Phil.
Implemented ZVTool and added readmes to tools, thanks to ZylonBane.
Lessened vents fade outs at Skyeline Apartments and fixed a decal.
Added second T-Rex sound to museum and corrected some text details.
Restored xps at Glaze for peaceful approach and fixed the monitor.
Fixed morphine quest after warehouse and .38 ammo tutorial exploit.
Added blood loss when ghouling Heather and having fun with others.
Made Sin Bin ATM indestructible to avoid breaking connected script.
Improved card printer usage and added a few more inspection nodes.
Restored original descriptions for crossbow bolts and rifle rounds.
Added several missing doors and adjusted SM endgame bus stop maps.
Moved restored female raver to the Asylum and fixed teeth textures.
Hid Giovanni crypt trapdoor icons and fixed Nadia and zombie bugs.
Removed second Dominate tutorial enemy and Johansen basic problems.
 Arбtoeldar
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM

The seemingly everlasting effort to patch Troika's Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines has just produced its latest update (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php), bumping the game up to the unofficial version, 5.5.

The changes are listed below:

I went to The Patch Scrolls to download the 5.4 patch. When I noticed there was a new version. I guess great minds think a like. :xp::lol:
 DeadYorick
08-06-2008, 3:30 PM
I only very recently got this game. Right now it is barely reminding me of Deus Ex and Half Life 2.

It is to bad this game didn't get a sequel or a console release
 Arбtoeldar
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I only very recently got this game. Right now it is barely reminding me of Deus Ex and Half Life 2.

It is to bad this game didn't get a sequel or a console release

Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Anderson are great story tellers but not very good in the QA/taking responsibility for QA department. Which is what ultimately lead to the demise of Troika Games. :(
 Q
08-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Luckily their three titles have such a loyal fanbase that there are comprehensive fan-made patches for all three of them. ;)
 Arбtoeldar
08-08-2008, 1:48 AM
I'd rather had have Troika Games do a better job at QA-QC so they could still be around today. I think they could even be bigger than BioWare.
 Pavlos
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I reckon that the death of Troika games is more to do with the collapse of Black Isle (the RPG giant of the time) due to Interplay's absurd business plans and the rise of BioWare's NWN era (still ongoing) than their abysmal QA. Why would a publisher put money into a risky title like, say, Arcanum, which is entirely without a proven fanbase when it can hire BioWare to do something safe and ultimately boring when compared to the games of yesteryear?
 stoffe
11-02-2008, 8:18 AM
Anyone know if there is some way of running this game in widescreen resolutions? The options screen only seem to allow 3 resolutions (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024). Poked around the config file but couldn't notice any obvious way of bypassing this.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-02-2008, 9:01 AM
Anyone know if there is some way of running this game in widescreen resolutions? The options screen only seem to allow 3 resolutions (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024). Poked around the config file but couldn't notice any obvious way of bypassing this.The unofficial patch comes with a resolution patcher in the \Tools directory.
 Q
11-02-2008, 7:38 PM
Yes, the Unofficial Patch will patch the resolution when you install it.

For anyone who's interested, Steam has this great game on sale for $9.99 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/). :)
 stoffe
11-03-2008, 6:42 AM
"The unofficial patch comes with a resolution patcher in the \Tools directory."
"Yes, the Unofficial Patch will patch the resolution when you install it."

That tool worked fine. Thanks. :)
 Q
11-03-2008, 2:06 PM
It looks great in widescreen, doesn't it? :)
 michael_samualson
11-21-2008, 6:21 PM
I am pleasantly surprised to find a group of fans still playing and enjoying this game after such a long time. I bought it when it first came out and have never completely stopped playing it. I think an MMORPG based on this game would rock, even better if you could keep the number of players down to less then 500 (but that is just my preference, people building such a thing would rather have the money I am sure).
 Q
11-21-2008, 6:31 PM
While I'm not a fan of MMOs, I think that you're right. An MMO based on VtM would indeed rock.
 Bee Hoon
01-21-2009, 8:00 AM
I finally finished the game, although I freely admit that I cheated at parts(especially where sneaking is required!). I went solo after the cabbie somehow talked me into it, and then played back to watch a few alternate endings. I haven't watched the Kuei-Jin one, but I've already read a spoiler for it, so wth! :lol: The game probably would have been easier if I didn't piss off Vandal:P I don't think I could have gotten past the Kuei-Jin without godmode. Or the werewolf, for that matter!

The final battle with the sheriff was pretty easy as a Brujah:P In the first part, using Celerity (with Potence and Presence if you wish) can get you through with hardly a scratch. In the second part, you're fine with use of Celerity and switching to melee once in a while to slash the ghouls (? bat things or whatever?) to ribbons.

All in all, definitely one of the best games that I have ever played. It's a shame that Troika no longer exists.

Next playthrough--Malkavian!
 Achilles
01-21-2009, 8:20 AM
I don't think I could have gotten past the Kuei-Jin without godmode.After their dialog, run to the back of the short hall you entered from. They will charge single-file down this hallway when attacking. If you have high firearms skills, you can get through this fight without taking a blow.
Or the werewolf, for that matter!Run past him, through the fence, inside the building to the landing with the controls for the observatory doors. Wait until he's almost inside then hit the switch. The doors will then crush him.

If you're quick, you can do all this without taking a single hit. If you're not, then you can still do all this taking maybe one blow.
Next playthrough--Malkavian!Enjoy it. Playing as a Malkavian is fun :D
 Bob Lion54
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Next playthrough--Malkavian!

Welcome to Clan Malkav!

We have cookies and voices in our heads! We have no cookie cutters, but a sharp knife should suffice if you wish to get the voices out of there. They are easier to understand sometimes once you let them out.
 Jae Onasi
01-21-2009, 1:30 PM
Welcome to Clan Malkav!

We have cookies and voices in our heads! We have no cookie cutters, but a sharp knife should suffice if you wish to get the voices out of there. They are easier to understand sometimes once you let them out.

Shelly, is that you?
:D
 Acleacius
02-02-2009, 5:21 PM
I really don't have a clue as to whether Tessera stole anything from Wesp or not.
I really wasn't trying to start anything, only trying my best to state fact, if anyone cared, if they don't that's fine too. As long as you have a good game experience that's all the matters. :)

It's quite common knowledge and verifiable on the active Bloodlines forums like the official at gamespy and gamebanshee. The true-patch has been allowed to post it's content recently, in the official forums after being banned on gamespy. He also was banned on gamebanshee, though I don't know if he can post there again yet. Basically he had to promise to stop going into Wesp's threads and making up things starting trouble.

I have been testing on the Unofficial Patch since it first was first started by DanUpright, at the first official forums on Dilapidation, in case I needed to make any kind of disclosure. :) Leonard and many of the devs came to the forum and even asked for help, with the game breaking bug at Society of Leopold, which Dan was able to fix and started the Unofficial Patch.

--------------------------
Best I can tell Troika didn't make it cause they never were given enough time to make their games, by their publishers. Of course all the publishers wanted the best top tier RPGs, but as so often the case they rarely if ever let Devs have the time they need. Troika games always had the most complex choices and possible ways of solving quests, which made it nigh impossible to Q/A, it's not that they weren't good at it, afaik they made some of the best RPGs ever. :)

Bloodlines was obviously caught up in the Half-Life 2 Code theft which froze the work on Bloodlines since Activision had to wait for HL2 to ship first and there was no way of knowing when HL2 would ship. Gabe later admitted the real reason it took so long was HL2 was not ready which killed Bloodlines development. Troika tried to get another game started and had a demo for Fallout 3, but they didn't get the job. sadly. Once Activision was given the word, they gave Troika 3 months to just bug fix to get the game out the door. This is when they started cutting all the content like Multiplayer, which btw is sort of working now days, with a working server iirc.
 Vlad011
05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
HEALP ..please,anione!!! I play the bloodlines for aboute 5days..I instal official patch(1.2 I think)and I stil cant pass the boat in leopold caves. Im playing this lvl with ~ cheats, is that a problem?or what? Is ther some cheat for skip that loading str8 to next lvl?Or what shod I do to gone with boat ok?
PLEASE,TELL ME HOW TO PASS THAT THING!Im going nuts!Im in the bout,new log,it start to loud and BOOM! I see u are all in some knowlig of the game,Im in NONE!playing just 5 days..so please.. :( just HEALP ... Thank you. (srry 4 bad spealing).
 DarthParametric
05-29-2009, 12:33 PM
You need to run to the cave with the jetty and get on the boat to escape. The easiest way to beat the timer is to use Celerity.
 Vlad011
05-29-2009, 12:44 PM
No,no man..I get to the bout..but its a bug...whan its start to load the next lvl...i get kick out on my desktop! :((( Ill kill mysalf from the frustation! I usa pach 1.2 and nothing! ...\
Do u know of what bug i speak of? And yea - I instal pach just today,and I load a last game,where Im on GOD MODE...is that problem or not?
 stoffe
05-29-2009, 2:05 PM
No,no man..I get to the bout..but its a bug...whan its start to load the next lvl...i get kick out on my desktop! :((( Ill kill mysalf from the frustation! I usa pach 1.2 and nothing! ...\
Do u know of what bug i speak of? And yea - I instal pach just today,and I load a last game,where Im on GOD MODE...is that problem or not?

There is a bug that sometimes show up at the end of the society of leopold (but not always). Don't think god mode has anything to do with it (even though it can mess things up sometimes).

You can try this workaround if you find no other way of solving it. Make sure you start the game with the console active. Then in the game, get as close to the boat as you can without stepping onto it (you don't want to trigger the area transition). Then pause/go out to the menu, activate the console and type in (it's case sensitive IIRC):

SaveJohansen()
changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark
 Vlad011
05-29-2009, 2:41 PM
If this work ill mery u!!(If ur gearl) :D ... just pls tell me 1more thing...
SaveJohansen()
changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark ...
this 2 things that I hawe to tipe in console..in what order shod thay go? and is the () emptey? .... srry Im N00b for computers :(
tell me and Ill go riteaway to try... and thank u,my lady...(and if ur a man..well,u got hot pic in avatar(It can be confuzin)...ou,if this work Ill praise u till the jugmant day!
Page: 4 of 8