Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 1 Skins

Page: 1 of 1
 Kale Tora
02-21-2007, 5:49 AM
Hiya first time poster and player to the series.

Anyway i was wondering if there was anyway to get the PC skins from the first game and transfer them over to part 2. Im not really a fan of the newer ones and would like to have my old portrait(sp) and skin from the first game.

Also im a complete noob at editing and using anytype of editing tool.

Finally, im sorry if this question was posted before, i wont lie i really didnt look to hard for it.

Any help would be great.
 jimbo32
02-21-2007, 7:04 AM
Welcome to the forums!

It's entirely possible as long as you have Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool and both games.

Using Kotor Tool, you can extract the original head textures from Kotor1, save them as TGA files, rename them using the same name as the texture you want to replace in TSL, and drop them in your TSL override folder. Make sure you're using the same head model when you do this. For the most part, the Kotor head models are all in TSL as well - they're just re-skinned.

FYI, all of the PC faces are under "ERF's>Texture Packs>swpc_tex_tpa.erf>P" in Kotor Tool for Kotor1 and 2 both.

It may take a bit of experimentation on your part to figure out which ones to replace, but feel free to post if you run into any trouble.

The reason there are no mods of this type available is that it's against the rules of the board (not to mention illegal) to port stuff from one game to another. As long as it's just for personal use (AFAIK) it's OK.

Almost forgot - you can get Kotor Tool here:
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)
 Kale Tora
02-21-2007, 5:01 PM
Thank you for the help.

I got the head which is what i wanted, i'll mess around with it somemore to try and figure out how to get the portrait.
 Master Zionosis
02-21-2007, 6:13 PM
It's in the rule's, I'm surprised this thread hasn't already been closed by a moderator, even discussing porting is not allowed!

BTW, welcome to the forums Kale Tora :waive1:
 jimbo32
02-21-2007, 6:31 PM
Yeah, you're right master zionosis. I was under the impression that it was OK if it was for personal use, but I guess I was mistaken.

My apologies to the moderators.
 knightmare66
02-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Someone could reskin the reycled player heads to be as much like the originals as possible for a releaseable mod.

Here are the ones that have been found so far:

Luxa (already reskinned for a new PC head)
Jana Lorso
Taeplae
Daraala
Berun Modrul
Grevick
Coorta
Peragus administrator
Peragus dock officer
Peragus security officer

And there are probably more...
 RedHawke
02-22-2007, 12:57 AM
The reason there are no mods of this type available is that it's against the rules of the board (not to mention illegal) to port stuff from one game to another. As long as it's just for personal use (AFAIK) it's OK.
Nope even discussions for personal use are verboten... sorry.

Yeah, you're right master zionosis. I was under the impression that it was OK if it was for personal use, but I guess I was mistaken.

My apologies to the moderators.
No worries.

Only existing resources contained within TSL from KotOR I (Like Bastila or Carth) can be discussed about using for TSL. Taking files directly from the first game to place them into the second is not allowed. No porting means just that.

Sorry Kale Tora, I hope you can understand this, but we simply cannot have these kinds of discussions here. We tread a thin line and do not want to 'bite the hand' if you know what I mean. As such I have to close this thread.
Page: 1 of 1