Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Blade Texture

Page: 1 of 1
 n1gamer
02-17-2007, 5:17 PM
Hi
I am having a bit of trouble trying to create a lightsaber blade texture.
When i play the game with my texture i have created all i get out of my saber is white light and the beam looks huge and wide, what am i doing wrong.

I am using photoshop but am i using it correctly, also i extracted the mdl and mdx files and replaced the textures in the files using mdlops renamer.

Please Help
Thanks
n1gamer
 knightmare66
02-17-2007, 5:36 PM
Did you create a .txi file corresponding to the blade .tga? It's just a plain text file with this in it:

blending additive
decal 1
 n1gamer
02-17-2007, 6:04 PM
Did you create a .txi file corresponding to the blade .tga? It's just a plain text file with this in it:

blending additive
decal 1

Yesi have a txi file for my saber and it has the above.
 Shem
02-17-2007, 7:38 PM
You don't need to use .mdl and .mdx files to make a lightsaber blade texture. Just a .tga file. If you're adding a blade color instead of replacing one, you'll need .txi file.
 n1gamer
02-18-2007, 7:43 AM
You don't need to use .mdl and .mdx files to make a lightsaber blade texture. Just a .tga file. If you're adding a blade color instead of replacing one, you'll need .txi file.

this is what i want to do is to create a blade color but i have no idea how.
could someone please help me with this
 Master Zionosis
02-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Well all you have to do for that is to open up KT and export 1 of the appropriate color's you want to edit, under ERF's --> texture packs --> swpc_tex_tpa --> W, and then all colors are listed after w_lsabreblue01.tpc, double click the color you want to edit then highlight "blending additive decal 1" in the white box and tick "export selection to TXI file" and then click write file and choose where to save it, then open that up in photoshop, or some other application that supports the .tga extension, and edit to you hearts content, then save that and place that strait in the override folder, now whichever color you edited will be the saber with your new color.

~MZ
 n1gamer
02-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Well all you have to do for that is to open up KT and export 1 of the appropriate color's you want to edit, under ERF's --> texture packs --> swpc_tex_tpa --> W, and then all colors are listed after w_lsabreblue01.tpc, double click the color you want to edit then highlight "blending additive decal 1" in the white box and tick "export selection to TXI file" and then click write file and choose where to save it, then open that up in photoshop, or some other application that supports the .tga extension, and edit to you hearts content, then save that and place that strait in the override folder, now whichever color you edited will be the saber with your new color.

~MZ

Thanks for everything guys i finally got it working.
Page: 1 of 1