Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Veridian Echo Mod. Released!

Page: 1 of 1
 Torthane
01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/mijhpxoxhj.jpg)

Yes, at long last I have finally posted the mod on the web for general download. Goodness knows it took long enough. It should be up on KOTORfiles.com soon, but if you can't wait that long you can download it from the following link: http://files.filefront.com/The_Veridian_Echo_Mod_1zip/;6515408;;/fileinfo.html)

So what the heck is The Veridian Echo Mod? The VE mod is an attempt to rebalance the gameplay in KOTOR II to make it faster paced
and more challenging while placing a higher concentration on advanced tactics and teamwork.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/eallvupbru.jpg)

In addition to the gameplay changes I have
also worked a good deal on reskining most of your party members. Some of the changes are subtle while others stand out, but I hope that
they are an improvement over the orginal party memeber skins.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/oevwdgkujr.jpg)

There are few other small reskins included as well. The mod also includes
a completely redone weapon set meaning that all of the games included weapons have been modified to deal more damage.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/navxsdansz.jpg)

The weapon boost effects both your enemies and your weapons making the fights more intense and more oriented around dealing damage before your
opponent does. The bosses in the game have been given boosts too and are much more formidable opponents now.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/pzeyjuisde.jpg)

The GUI has been cleaned up to make it a little less in your face. Combat sounds have also been given a makeover. The mod also comes with several new items and weapons.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/wdmjqzmukn.jpg)
 Master Zionosis
01-12-2007, 7:14 AM
Way to go Torthane! these look brilliant, u r a true star shining so brightly! :)
 lactose_
01-12-2007, 9:56 AM
Those reskins look awesome!
 MetalMark
01-12-2007, 11:01 AM
When the Restoration Project by Team Gizka is released will you make this compatible or is it llready compatible? I would hate losing this mod it's great.

In all actuality MetalMark it is Team Gizka's job about making their restoration mod compatible with the older popular mods, not the other way around, as their mod will have been released well after most of ours. ;) -RH
 Vale
01-12-2007, 2:19 PM
One of the more awe inspiring mods I have seen, downloading it now. I cannot wait to try it out.
 Torthane
01-12-2007, 5:44 PM
When the Restoration Project by Team Gizka is released will you make this compatible or is it llready compatible? I would hate losing this mod it's great.

I'll try to make it compatible. Nothing in the VE Mod really interferes with any module work, alot of it is just resource changes (skins, sounds, etc). Who knows what the future may hold!
 Ken
01-12-2007, 8:51 PM
Oh my god, it's finally been released. Well okay the wait was not too long, but the sad part was I completely forgot about this mod. I'm so very sorry Torthane. But now that it's released it looks awesome. Now I can't wait to play through Kotor II again with all the changes. Thanks for spending your time to make this mod and also I want to thank all you modders out there in general who keep games alive long after their prime.
 Arбtoeldar
01-12-2007, 9:24 PM
Thanks for releasing this excellent mod Torthane.
 Ken
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Um, Torthane, quick question. Will you be releasing comptability patches or change this to use TSL Patcher? Just wanted to know so if you weren't I could get a head start on making this compatible with my huge override. Sigh, it's too big.
 Torthane
01-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Um, Torthane, quick question. Will you be releasing comptability patches or change this to use TSL Patcher? Just wanted to know so if you weren't I could get a head start on making this compatible with my huge override. Sigh, it's too big.

Sometime I will make a TSL Patcher version of the mod, but it will probably be a little while (or a long while). I express my deepest apologies, and wish you luck with your override cleaning!
 Ken
01-13-2007, 2:56 PM
It's alright Torthane. Thanks for the quick reply and once again thanks for the great mod. Now ... Let the cleaning commence!!!
 draconus333
01-13-2007, 3:19 PM
Nice work Torthane. This looks great.
 Dark_Ansem
01-15-2007, 4:29 AM
the new skins are awesome. is this compatible with other mods?
 Torthane
01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
the new skins are awesome. is this compatible with other mods?

It is compatible with many other mods, but it works best if you install this one first in an empty 'override' folder and than install the other mods over it.
 Ztalker
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats!
You just made me install Kotor 2 again :D

A must have mod...quality reskins...fast-paced combat...looks brilliant!
Can't wait to try it out :)
 Darkguardian098
02-14-2007, 4:42 PM
Is this mod compatible with the Final Touch mod?
 Torthane
02-14-2007, 5:38 PM
Is this mod compatible with the Final Touch mod?

Parts of it should be but you will likely have to do some mixing and matching as both oldflash and I modified many of the same textures. As I suggest in the readme install this mod first and then put the other ones over the top of it making sure not to overwrite any files, but I can give you no assurance that the two mods will work together.
 Wildboar
02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
curious if anyone is having issues entering the enclave after installing this mod game crashes every time

i also have csarena, improved ai, and high level force powers... so... sadly getting to this point is a lot of work if i start with just this mod. given that i have one of the force powers i on visas, k and pc... i think backing out other mods, and starting from an earlier save... isn't going to work out. will try thou.

edit(2nd time): reinstalled mods to see if i could get it to not crash and =( it "worked" from the same save... it appears after further examination that the reason that it is "working" is due to the fact that none of the characters now "know" that they know the force power from HLFP Force pull... is hard to know how to look into this with out playing from a point where they got the power....

installed Veridian first in both cases since the author stated it needed to be done that way.... not sure whats up. but, thought i would note it.

btw, i have liked this mod so far. i was starting to fear that the cold as ice women of the telios polar region were going to be too tuff... but after a bit of thinking it worked out. but, it did make it a challenging task and i felt like i actually had worked for something vs how i felt about it before.

side note: force pull of HLFP seems to show up as greatly over powered in this combination... have stopped using it... even though i think it would be a cool power if restricted to higher levels like the rest of the powers. will comment elsewhere in the appropriate thread about that.
 Torthane
02-17-2007, 2:50 PM
@Wildboar:

I am glad you got it at least partially working. The VE mod shouldn't have any problems with the high level force powers mod, but the other two might be screwing it up a little. I tried testing it with the improved ai mod and I did have one chrash though not at the same place you did. In any case I am working on a revised version that will be more extensively tested and balanced. So keep your eyes open and I am glad to hear that you like it so far!
 Jolly Boots
02-17-2007, 6:36 PM
Torthane: Got a buggy Disciple texture in the mod. The alternate NemaSenumi texture causes a crash whenever LS Disciple is in the module. Problem is that the file can't even be opened (file unabled to be parsed).
 Torthane
02-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Torthane: Got a buggy Disciple texture in the mod. The alternate NemaSenumi texture causes a crash whenever LS Disciple is in the module. Problem is that the file can't even be opened (file unabled to be parsed).

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I will try to fix that in the next release.
 Wildboar
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
also when Mira has the environment suit on i think the changes to her looks prevent the suit from being worn... so she walks through the gas filled bar to the exchange boss with out a suit on looking like she normally does.

agree with the above person about the LS Disciple change crashing things.
 Salzella
02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
That Atton re-skin is amazing, just how i picture he should be, and all the others are great aswell. Lovely work :D
 Torthane
02-19-2007, 1:31 PM
@Wildboar
Now that is strange. The bit about Mira, I never had that happen when I was playing. I will definitly look into it.

@Salzella
I am glad you like the reskins! That was a pretty big concentration of the mod and I should haver more out sometime in the future.
 Jolly Boots
02-19-2007, 2:29 PM
Now that is strange. The bit about Mira, I never had that happen when I was playing. I will definitly look into it.
It's not because of your mod. The game does it anyway without it. Download the fix here (http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html) (Mira Spacesuit fix).
 Wildboar
02-19-2007, 5:48 PM
It's not because of your mod. The game does it anyway without it. Download the fix here (http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html) (Mira Spacesuit fix).

ah, thanks. never saw this happen before and i played both light and dark before....
 Torthane
02-19-2007, 6:11 PM
@Jolly Boots
Thank you very much for pointing that out! You saved me a ton of trouble.
 SITHSLAYER133
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
can i ask about the after Image ? of the handmaden?
 Wildboar
02-20-2007, 5:57 AM
well... i'm back =)

after kreia and atris have their talk about falling, and you show up at the base again... being a woman... lightsided.... so as i recall, is not a section with the handmaiden, that would happen if you were male... maybe this is the cause of the following?

it seemes to get confused.. and you find of all people darth traya in the holocron room... and she wont talk to you... and i know i fought atris there, after talking to her. looked over at the rework site where the mira bug was fixed and there doesn't seem to be something referring to this.

i was wondering if there is an error log that the game generates? is that what the AR_ERROR file is? it has something in it that at least seem potential one line, "Names Differ: P_HandmaidenBB p_sisterbb" new to this stuff so not sure what could help you.
 stoffe
02-20-2007, 6:57 AM
it seemes to get confused.. and you find of all people darth traya in the holocron room... and she wont talk to you... and i know i fought atris there, after talking to her. looked over at the rework site where the mira bug was fixed and there doesn't seem to be something referring to this.

Is there a file named n_darthtraya001.utc in your override folder? If so that's probably the cause of the problem, since a template with this name is used both for Atris at Telos and Darth Traya in the Trayus Core for some reason. Putting one of those files in the override folder will override both, causing problems at the other location.
 Torthane
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
@Sithslayer133
You certainly can!

@Wildboar
I should put you in the credits! You have found a ton of bugs and been kind enough to bring them to my attention. Thank you!

@Stoffe
I did put n_darthtraya001.utc in the override folder for the mod so that is almost for sure the problem. Do you perhaps know of a way to fix it? Thank you!
 stoffe
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I did put n_darthtraya001.utc in the override folder for the mod so that is almost for sure the problem. Do you perhaps know of a way to fix it? Thank you!

There are two ways of fixing that, which I can think of:
The easy way: Don't use the override folder for this. Put the modified n_darthtraya001.utc template back into the module it was extracted from, instead of putting it in the override folder.

The harder, override way: Rename the n_darthtraya001.utc template for Atris into something else, and then change the three scripts that spawn a character from this template into using your renamed template instead. Then put the recompiled modified scripts, along with the renamed UTC template, in the override folder.

The scripts that need to be changed (as far as I remember) are:

// ST: a_kreatris.nss (262TEL_s.rim)

void SwitchToHandmaiden() {
SwitchPlayerCharacter(NPC_HANDMAIDEN);
}

void StartHandmaidenScene() {
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden012", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_sis_sisend1")));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden013", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_sis_sisend2")));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden014", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_sis_sisend3")));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden014", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_sis_sisend4")));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden014", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_sis_sisend5")));

DelayCommand(0.2f, AssignCommand(GetPartyLeader(), ActionJumpToObject(GetWaypointByTag("sp_hand_sisend"))));
SetMinOneHP(GetPartyLeader(), TRUE);
AssignCommand(GetPartyLeader(), ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(GetPartyLeader(), ActionStartConversation(GetPartyLeader(), "sisend"));
}

void SpawnFinalAtris() {
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_darthtraya001", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya")));
}

void main() {

int nParam1 = GetScriptParameter(1);

object oAtris = GetObjectByTag("Atris");
object oKreia = GetObjectByTag("KreiaEvil");
object oDrone1 = GetObjectByTag("Sister1");
object oDrone2 = GetObjectByTag("Sister2");

switch (nParam1) {
case 0:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionMoveToObject(GetWaypointByTag("wp_kreia_end2")));
break;
case 1:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionMoveToLocation(GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("wp_kreia_ending"))));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacing(GetFacing(GetWaypointByT ag("wp_kreia_ending")))));
break;
case 2:
AssignCommand(oKreia, SetFacing(90.0f));
break;
case 3:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionMoveToObject(GetWaypointByTag("wp_kreia_end")));
break;
case 4:
SetLockOrientationInDialog(oAtris, TRUE);
SetLockOrientationInDialog(oKreia, TRUE);
AssignCommand(oKreia, SetFacing(270.0f));
break;
case 5:
SetGlobalFadeOut(1.0f, 2.0f);
break;
case 6:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionJumpToObject(GetObjectByTag("wp_pc_end")));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden003", GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("sp_hand_kreia1")));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "p_handmaiden004", GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("sp_hand_kreia2")));

DestroyObject(oAtris);
break;
case 7:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("wp_atris_2")));
SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1f, 2.0f);
break;
case 8:
AssignCommand(oDrone1, ActionMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("wp_hand_kreia1"), TRUE));
AssignCommand(oDrone2, ActionMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("wp_hand_kreia2"), TRUE));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("wp_atris_3")));

SetGlobalFadeOut(0.1f, 2.0f);

DelayCommand(4.0, DestroyObject(oDrone1));
DelayCommand(4.0, DestroyObject(oDrone2));

if (GetGlobalBoolean("000_PLAYER_GENDER")) {
SetNPCSelectability(NPC_HANDMAIDEN, TRUE);
DelayCommand(4.0, SwitchToHandmaiden());
DelayCommand(5.0, StartHandmaidenScene());
DelayCommand(5.5, SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1f, 2.0f));
DelayCommand(8.0, DestroyObject(oKreia));
}
else {
DelayCommand(5.0, SpawnFinalAtris());
DelayCommand(6.0, SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1f, 2.0f));
DelayCommand(10.0f, DestroyObject(oKreia));
}
break;
}
}

// ST: a_atrend2.nss (262TEL_s.rim)

#include "k_inc_generic"

void SpawnFinalAtris();

void main() {
int nParam = GetScriptParameter(1);

object oExile = GetFirstPC();
object oMaiden = GetObjectByTag("Handmaiden");

switch (nParam) {
case 0:
SetGlobalFadeIn(2.0, 2.0);
DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oAtris, ActionJumpToObject(GetWaypointByTag("wp_atris_atrend1"))));
break;
case 1: {
SetCommandable(TRUE, oAtris);
SetLocalBoolean(oAtris, SW_FLAG_AI_OFF, FALSE);

SetNPCSelectability(NPC_HANDMAIDEN, FALSE);
ChangeToStandardFaction( oAtris, STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_1 );
AssignCommand(oAtris, DelayCommand(1.0, AssignCommand(oAtris, GN_DetermineCombatRound(GetFirstPC()))));

AssignCommand(oMaiden, SetIsDestroyable(FALSE, TRUE, FALSE));
effect eKill = EffectDeath(FALSE, FALSE, TRUE);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eKill, oMaiden);
break;
}
case 2:
AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), ActionJumpToObject(GetWaypointByTag("wp_hand_sisend")));
SetLightsaberPowered(GetFirstPC(), TRUE);
break;
case 3:
break;
case 4: {
effect eBolt = EffectBeam(VFX_BEAM_LIGHTNING_DARK_L, oAtris, BODY_NODE_HAND);
effect eFry = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_L);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eBolt, oMaiden, 1.4);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eFry, oMaiden, 1.4);
AssignCommand(oAtris, PlayAnimation( ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_FORCE_CAST ));
}
break;
case 5:
SetGlobalFadeIn(0.3, 2.0);
DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oAtris, ActionJumpToObject(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya_run"))));
DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oAtris, ActionMoveToObject(GetWaypointByTag("wp_traya_run"), TRUE)));
break;
case 6:
SetGlobalFadeOut(0.1, 2.0);
DelayCommand(3.0, SpawnFinalAtris());
AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), DelayCommand(5.0, SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1, 2.0)));
DelayCommand(3.8, DestroyObject(oAtris));
break;
case 7: {
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Atris"));
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Handmaiden"));

object oFinAtris = CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_darthtraya002", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya")) );
AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), ActionJumpToObject(GetWaypointByTag("sp_pc_atrend2")));
object oFinMaiden = SpawnAvailableNPC(NPC_HANDMAIDEN, GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_hand_atrend1")));

SetMinOneHP(oFinMaiden, FALSE);
SetMinOneHP(GetFirstPC(), FALSE);
SetLockOrientationInDialog(oFinMaiden, TRUE);

effect eHeal = EffectHeal(GetMaxHitPoints(GetFirstPC()));
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eHeal, GetFirstPC());
AssignCommand(oFinAtris, ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(), "atrend2"));
}
break;
}
}

void SpawnFinalAtris() {
CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_darthtraya001", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya")) );
}

// ST: a_atrend3.nss (262TEL_s.rim)

#include "k_inc_generic"

void AttackPlayer(object oAttacker) {
ChangeToStandardFaction(oAttacker, STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_1);
GN_DetermineCombatRound(GetFirstPC());
}

void main() {
int iParam = GetScriptParameter(1);
switch (iParam) {
case 0: {
DelayCommand(1.0, SetLightsaberPowered(oAtris, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE));
DelayCommand(1.0, AttackPlayer(oAtris));
}
break;

case 1: {
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("MedChamber");
SetLocked(oDoor, FALSE);
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
DelayCommand(2.0, SetLightsaberPowered(GetObjectByTag("Atris"), TRUE, FALSE, TRUE));
oDoor = GetObjectByTag("CouncilRoom");
SetLocked(oDoor, FALSE);
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
}
break;

case 2: {
DelayCommand(2.0, SetGlobalFadeOut());
CreatureFlourishWeapon(GetFirstPC());
}
break;

case 3: {
AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("Atris"), ActionJumpToLocation( GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya")) ));
AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), ActionJumpToLocation(GetLocation( GetWaypointByTag("WP_PC_Traya_Death") )));
DelayCommand(1.0, AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("Atris"), ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_DEAD_PRONE, 1.0, -1.0)));
}
break;

case 4: {
SetGlobalFadeIn(0.5, 2.0);
DelayCommand(2.0, SetLightsaberPowered(GetFirstPC(), TRUE, FALSE, TRUE));
AurPostString("Getting UP? Are we?", 5, 5, 5.0);
}
break;

case 5: {
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionCloseDoor(oDoor));
SetLocked(oDoor, TRUE);
SetGlobalFadeOut(0.0, 3.0);

object oPC = GetFirstPC();
object oParty1 = GetNextPC();
object oParty2 = GetNextPC();

AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oParty1, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oParty2, ClearAllActions());
DelayCommand(4.0, AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_pc_end") )));
DelayCommand(4.0, AssignCommand(oParty1, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_npc1_end") )));
DelayCommand(4.0, AssignCommand(oParty2, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_npc2_end") )));
DelayCommand(5.0, AssignCommand(oPC, SetFacing(90.0)));
}
break;

case 6: {
effect eLightning = EffectBeam(VFX_BEAM_LIGHTNING_DARK_L, GetFirstPC(), BODY_NODE_CHEST);
effect eVfx = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_L);
int iHolo = 0;
while ((iHolo < 10)) {
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eLightning, GetObjectByTag("Holocron", iHolo), 4.0);
iHolo++;
}
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eVfx, GetFirstPC(), 4.0);
}
break;

case 7: {
SetGlobalFadeOut(1.0, 2.0);
object oPC = GetFirstPC();
object oParty1 = GetNextPC();
object oParty2 = GetNextPC();

AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oParty1, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oParty2, ClearAllActions());
DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_pc_end") )));
DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand(oParty1, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_npc1_end") )));
DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand(oParty2, ActionJumpToObject( GetWaypointByTag("wp_npc2_end") )));
DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand(oPC, SetFacing(90.0)));

DelayCommand(5.0, AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionCloseDoor(oDoor)));
SetLocked(oDoor, TRUE);
}
break;

case 8: {
SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1, 2.0);
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("Atris"), ActionStartConversation(GetObjectByTag("Kreia"), "Atrend4")));
}
break;

case 9: {
SetGlobalFadeOut(0.1, 2.0);
DelayCommand(4.0, SetGlobalFadeIn(0.1, 0.1));
}
break;

case 10: {
SetGlobalNumber("000_Jedi_Found", 4);
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("Atris"));
SetLocked(GetObjectByTag("MedChamber"), FALSE);
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_darthtraya001", GetLocation(GetWaypointByTag("sp_traya")));
}
break;

case 11: {
AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), PlayAnimation(1077, 1.0, 4.0));
}
break;
}
}
 Wildboar
02-20-2007, 1:02 PM
Is there a file named n_darthtraya001.utc in your override folder? If so that's probably the cause of the problem, since a template with this name is used both for Atris at Telos and Darth Traya in the Trayus Core for some reason. Putting one of those files in the override folder will override both, causing problems at the other location.

this is easily understood. kreia in her dialog with atris right before this says "there must always be a darth traya." :lol:

seriously thou... ok, semi-serious, i could see some chuckling developer taking that line to heart and placing her everywhere... or at least in this area.

and full-serious, i could see them thinking about having some form of scene that had the image of darth traya in it and then thought better of it and forgot to take out the materials.

so... the scripting language for this is "c-like"?

Edit: btw, taking out that file from the override folder "fixed" things... is that all that needed to be done? as in... this won't break it else where... ?

---

another thing that i wanted to mention, since i have you both "listening" and you two are the source of the mods i am using. i am guessing that The Veridian Echo Mod accelerates leveling? i mean... i think when i played this unmodded, and i got to the end i was at most level 29... here i am fighting atris and am 34ish... and still have a lot left to go.

this accelerated leveling seems to exacerbate something i noticed when i played unmodded, that being that the hybrid characters can loose track of what level they should be with respect to the pc. it almost seems like it doesn't account for the time they were say a scout, and thus mira is a jedi 6 (i think it was) levels behind the pc...

a specific case that i distinctly remember, playing unmodded, is getting to the place in malacor v where mira has to fight hanhar (sp?) and she was maxed out at level 19ish and hanhar seemed to be at the level of the pc... ie: like 25ish... it took a lot of creative playing (imo, exploiting game flaws like npc getting hung up on edges... hard to do where they fight) so that mira could lay enough mines (good thing i had a lot :lol: ) so that hanhar died... and i could move on in the game.

currently, disciple and beo are out of sync on the negative side of things... i think disciple is the farthest atm, something like 31 (pc is 34ish, and it was worse a difference at one point) and visas (and kreia last i saw her) are actually ahead of the pc at 35ish.

i am not sure there is anything that you can do about this... since, as i said i saw this happen in the unmodded game... there is part of me that thinks this is related to holding back characters so you can turn them into jedi at the same level as when you first meet them. which i definitely did with mira when i played unmodded.... thus i got to fight hanhar both times with mira, at a serious level difference. %-) i seem to recall that, one thing that seemed to help rectify this was to always go through the supporting characters (after you converted them to jedi) every time you changed planet and level them whether you were going to use them there or not.

anyway, i just wanted you to be aware that it does happen....
 Torthane
02-20-2007, 6:25 PM
@Stoffe
Thanks for the information on how to fix the Kriea appearing as Atris problem. I will be sure to implement that into version two.

@Wildboar
That thing about "There must always be a darth Traya" really cracked me up! About the level-ups though, I also found the inconsistancies annoying and I have tried to fix them, but with no luck so far. I had the same problem with Mira being weak and getting beat up by Hanharr alot. In any case I will put some extra work into fixing that problem. Thanks for bringing it up, and thanks for all of the input!
 Darth Balor
03-24-2007, 7:27 PM
is there a file named n_darthtraya001.utc in your override folder? If so that's probably the cause of the problem, since a template with this name is used both for Atris at Telos and Darth Traya in the Trayus Core for some reason. Putting one of those files in the override folder will override both, causing problems at the other location.

"this is easily understood. kreia in her dialog with atris right before this says "there must always be a darth traya."

seriously thou... ok, semi-serious, i could see some chuckling developer taking that line to heart and placing her everywhere... or at least in this area.

and full-serious, i could see them thinking about having some form of scene that had the image of darth traya in it and then thought better of it and forgot to take out the materials."

the reason for this is because atris originally had the option of becoming traya

EDIT: what is the name of the female darkside undies texture?
 Torthane
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
@Darth Balor
The texture is named PFbamd01.tga and is the same for all of the skin tones which is why it is not modified in the VE mod. Speaking of which, I really ought to release the revised edition soon. I added some new guns, fixed some bugs and generally improved everything.
 logan essex
03-29-2007, 6:45 PM
Q;what kind of file is causing my game to crash upon entering the jedi enclave sublevel?

A;Found it!!
P_DiscipleH
i1m guessing some conflict between viridian and final touch
so i copied the viridian disciple files and overwrote them in the override folder. and now it works.
 l2ash
03-31-2007, 10:58 PM
this mod has a big issue concerning the difficulty, one hit i get 134dmg an next i get hit with 4, now what the file that handles the difficulty?
 Torthane
04-01-2007, 4:14 PM
this mod has a big issue concerning the difficulty, one hit i get 134dmg an next i get hit with 4, now what the file that handles the difficulty?

Now that is rather strange. Did this show up for multiple differant enemies or just one? And as for a file that controls damage there isn't really one, damage is controlled by both the weapon being used, and the skill level of the user. Difficulty settings also effect it somewhat. Anyway, if you could tell me when this problem cropped up I should hopefully be able to help you out.
 Da_man
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Definately downloadin' this. I like Disciples Reskin. Reminds me of the prince of persia dude and Ned Flanders for some reason :giveup: It looks awesome.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but are you going to reskin T3? He looks to plain for an important caracter.
 imabearlol
07-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Is this mod still available? I can't seem to access it from the filefront link, it just redirects me to the homepage. I tried searching for it there too, but I couldn't find it.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-12-2007, 9:52 AM
Is this mod still available? I can't seem to access it from the filefront link, it just redirects me to the homepage. I tried searching for it there too, but I couldn't find it.
These are the only files that Torthane currently has uploaded...

http://hosted.filefront.com/Torthane/)

It might be the beta download, but don't quote me ;) I also noticed a beta "fix".... however neither of the download names seem to match what's posted in the first thread so I can't say for sure if the mod is available. :giveup:

Anyways, I hope it helps :)
 imabearlol
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
These are the only files that Torthane currently has uploaded...

http://hosted.filefront.com/Torthane/)

It might be the beta download, but don't quote me ;) I also noticed a beta "fix".... however neither of the download names seem to match what's posted in the first thread so I can't say for sure if the mod is available. :giveup:

Anyways, I hope it helps :)

Thanks for that, I'll check the beta out.
 correllian_thug
07-31-2007, 8:36 PM
great work, this mod looks great and i love the reskinning you've done
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-12-2007, 4:11 PM
GREAT WORK!!! This mod is going into my folder of mods I use during every play through. I hope there will be more updates, even if there aren't I enjoy it. ^_^
 Lucied
09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I really didnt want to necro but, i send torthane a PM and have yet to get a response i was wondering if this mod was really ever finished?
 Torthane
09-04-2007, 3:26 PM
I really didnt want to necro but, i send torthane a PM and have yet to get a response i was wondering if this mod was really ever finished?

Wow, it's been a long time since I was last here. Sorry I haven't checked more often. The mod never was really finished even though I have worked on it some more. I really should do some more work on it though. Tell you what, I will get a new WIP thread up in the Holowan Laboratories soon and start posting updates there. I'll try to get it up by sometime tomorrow.
 Lucied
09-04-2007, 3:57 PM
Wow, it's been a long time since I was last here. Sorry I haven't checked more often. The mod never was really finished even though I have worked on it some more. I really should do some more work on it though. Tell you what, I will get a new WIP thread up in the Holowan Laboratories soon and start posting updates there. I'll try to get it up by sometime tomorrow.

wow thanks torthane you just made my day
 Torthane
09-05-2007, 6:00 PM
OK, the mod has been revived go to the link to see the new work in progress thread.

Link:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182098)
 Bastila is sexy
02-01-2008, 1:52 PM
Fantastic mod. This is how mods should be done. Lots of tastefull art and visual upgrades, usefull items. The game looks very sharp, and much cleaner.
Page: 1 of 1