Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WotOR

Page: 4 of 5
 Q
01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
^^^
If you're talking about the Ebon Hawk cutscene that takes place on the way to the Star Forge, I've had this problem too. More than likely it's some .utc file(s) that modifies either Bastila, Carth, or both. If there are any in your override folder, take them out, and then replace them once you make it to the Star Forge.
 Ztalker
01-27-2007, 1:34 PM
Running perfectly :)

Made me re-install the game. All these new weapons make boss fights and NPC conversations so more rewarding. It adds unique-ness to every party member, a thing that annoyed me with the original.
Every Jedi (Juhanni, Jolee) seemded to have made their own sabers, but for the PC, they were just that 'silvery tubes' instead of story enhancing items like they are now.

Good job :) Really love the new 'bad-ass' Baca Blade
 TheNeutrachrist
01-27-2007, 6:16 PM
This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.

Having the same issue with Bastilla and the Leviathan. Only other mods, are the one that alters Jolee Bindos clothes and Juhani's sanctuary robes, Revan Mask 2.0, Part of Revan the White, WotOR, Malak looks like Vader, Dead Eye Duncan on Manaan, RH Enhanced Sabers, RH Construction Bench and the RH Elder Merchant mod.
 T7nowhere
01-27-2007, 6:42 PM
^^^
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.

Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.

See above Quote.
 MdKnightR
01-28-2007, 3:36 AM
I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?
 Shem
01-28-2007, 3:43 PM
I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?It's not. It's probably from either another mod, or you did it yourself unknowningly.

Check your override for this file, "kor36_lashowe.utc". Open it and look in the inventory. It's probably edited to a green lightsaber (g_w_lghtsbr03) instead of a red (g_w_drkjdisbr001). How you got that in your override is anybody's guess, but it's not from the WotOR. In fact, just to make sure, check your download file of this mod and see if the "kor36_lashowe.utc" file is in there just to put your mind at ease. ;)
 MdKnightR
01-28-2007, 4:28 PM
I found out where it came from. It was from the "Bastila and Female Revan, the untold love story" mod. It is the only UTC file in there for some reason. There's nothing mentioned about it in that mod's readme file either. I kinda liked it in a way. It made me think..."well maybe she left the Jedi order and hadn't earned her red crystal yet." But it was confusing since she had a red saber elsewhere in the game (I know this because of the custom hilt that I have assigned to all red sabers). You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.
 Shem
01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.You can look up the original one in the KOTOR Tool. It really doesn't matter which one of the two is there as long as you get your red lightsaber, right?
 MdKnightR
01-29-2007, 3:19 AM
I just completed Korriban...

and converted Yuthura to the light side. I really loved her saber designs and had hoped that perhaps she would award me her sith saber when I met up with her on Dantooine. You know, saying something about how she didn't have a use for it anymore.

I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.
 T7nowhere
01-29-2007, 3:39 AM
I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.

I lost it, along with 50 other max scenes and unfortunately I didn't have the time nor inclination to make a new model.

You can always just replace Uthars double bladed saber for a custom model from another mod.
 Q
01-29-2007, 8:31 AM
You can always just replace Uthars double bladed saber for a custom model from another mod.
That's what I did. I've given him Blood of Malevolence. Sorry you lost that model, but what can you do? I'm quite happy with what I've got.:)

@T7: I've noticed that when I face Bastila on the Star Forge, she's wielding her yellow saber instead of her red one. I've got two modified Bastila Star Forge .utc's in my override, and I've got her armed with your red saber in both. Could they be messing with your script?
 MdKnightR
01-29-2007, 1:05 PM
I lost it, along with 50 other max scenes and unfortunately I didn't have the time nor inclination to make a new model.

That would be a good idea. Which file would I need to modify and what entry in the file would need the change?

Also, about what I said about Yuthura in the spoiler block, how would I go about making a mod enhancement that would allow her to offer either one of her sabers to you when you speak to her?
 T7nowhere
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
That's what I did. I've given him Blood of Malevolence. Sorry you lost that model, but what can you do? I'm quite happy with what I've got.:)

I did the same thing.

@T7: I've noticed that when I face Bastila on the Star Forge, she's wielding her yellow saber instead of her red one. I've got two modified Bastila Star Forge .utc's in my override, and I've got her armed with your red saber in both. Could they be messing with your script?

Try playing through the module without the utc's and see if she still has a yellow saber. You will need to load the module fresh though, loading from a save game won't change the utc's.

That would be a good idea. Which file would I need to modify and what entry in the file would need the change?

Lightsaber 7 pack (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007.rar) Try this mod. It has all the sabers from my 6 pack plus qui-gon's. Also included in Uthars utc with Blood of Malevolence. I meant to release this with WotOR but I didn't have the time and it looks like I won't have the time to add the other things I wanted to so I won't hold it back. The sabers can use all 7 colors in KotoR, although you will have to cheat them in(I know it sucks, but like I said I don't have the time to finnish it.) ANyway It will work without glitches with WotOR, but I can't guarantee it will cooperate with other mods.

Also, about what I said about Yuthura in the spoiler block, how would I go about making a mod enhancement that would allow her to offer either one of her sabers to you when you speak to her?

It all depends on where and when you want her to give you the saber. Aside from that you could edit one of the games dialogue then add a simple giveitem script to it.

void main ()
{
object osaber = CreateItemOnObject("t7_yuthsith01",GetFirstPC());
}

You can't get any simpler than this. ;)
 MdKnightR
01-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I would like to get it on Dantooine. Would you happen to know which file contains that dialog I'd need to modify? Sorry, but I am a noob at this kind of modding.
 Shem
01-30-2007, 1:01 AM
I would like to get it on Dantooine. Would you happen to know which file contains that dialog I'd need to modify? Sorry, but I am a noob at this kind of modding.It should be in the "danm14aa" module in the KOTOR Tool. Find the area that says "Dialogue". Open that up and you should see a file that says, "dan13_yuthura.dlg". That would be your file. :D

As for Uthar's lightsaber, I started out using one of T7's models he made for Mjpb3 called the Darth Nemesis hilt.

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/K008.php)

I then converted it so it uses a red blade. Then I changed my mind and made it Jorak's hilt while using another hilt that Oldflash made for Uthar's saber. :D
 jimbo32
02-01-2007, 11:30 PM
This is amazing stuff T7. Like a lot of people, I've been waiting (impatiently) for this ever since the discussion in Modding Requests started. I thought that the models for Yuthura's sabers were so good that I started a recruit mod for her. Maybe I'll actually finish it now that the sabers are out!;)
 MdKnightR
02-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Okay, as I said before, I am a complete noobie at this. I used Kotor Tool's Conversation Editor to open up the dan13_yuthura.dlg so I could edit it with your script. However, I'm not sure where to put the script in. Each of the fields for script won't accept one that long. Please help with highly detailed instructions, if you will. Thanks!
 T7nowhere
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
You need to compile the script first then put the file name (without the extension) into the "script to run for this node" box on the "node Scripts" tab.

Also you may want to read this thread. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143681)
 MdKnightR
02-05-2007, 2:36 AM
Thanks, T7. I got it now. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding what to place in the dialog to make it make sense that she's giving you her saber.

Now, about the Lightsaber 7 Pack....I tried installing it tonight and it gave me this error....

• Error: Critical error: Unable to locate file to patch, "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" file not found! (GEN-9)

It also stopped shy of full installation by 3 files. Please help.
 T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 3:07 AM
Now, about the Lightsaber 7 Pack....I tried installing it tonight and it gave me this error....

• Error: Critical error: Unable to locate file to patch, "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" file not found! (GEN-9)

It also stopped shy of full installation by 3 files. Please help.

Oh, you can ignore that error, unless it prevents the rest of the mod from installing.

What were the 3 files that were not installed? Did the files have an error next to them?
 MdKnightR
02-05-2007, 3:13 AM
^^^ No. It just seemed to have stopped shy of fully installing is all. Your folder had 328 files in it, but my Override folder only had 325 new files in it. I don't know which ones didn't install. I tested the battle with Uthar, and the BOM saber is there and he uses it. Other than that, I don't know how it will react.
 T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Well one file in the tslpatcher folder is "changes.ini" (used only buy the installer) and a another would be "info.rtf"(also only used by the installer) and the last m34aa.are this file should have been copy and/or edited, but because it was after the "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" the action to edit the file didn't complete. You can live without that file in your override, all it does is place a different onenter script that spawns crystal formations in the shyrack caves(same crystal formations as the ones in USM)

Anyway I corrected the mistake with the installer
lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar) you can either run the installer again or open the file m34aa.are and edit the onenter node to look like this OnEnter=k_pkor34_areaent.
 jimbo32
02-05-2007, 5:24 PM
Just a heads up T7.

The icons for the Blood of Malevolence crystals are mis-named in the new 7-pack - the links are broken.

Example:
iw_dbrcrstl_207.tga

should be:
iw_dblcrstl_207.tga

Once they're named properly, everything's cool.

Otherwise, great job. It's nice to have all of the sabers available in every colour.
 T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 6:18 PM
^^Well, I'm glad you guys are paying attention. ;)

I corrected those files and reuploaded the mod, for anyone that already has the mod, you can go ahead and rename the files:

iw_dbrcrstl_207.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_208.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_209.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_210.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_211.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_212.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_213.tga

To
iw_dblcrstl_207.tga
iw_dblcrstl_208.tga
iw_dblcrstl_209.tga
iw_dblcrstl_210.tga
iw_dblcrstl_211.tga
iw_dblcrstl_212.tga
iw_dblcrstl_213.tga
 jimbo32
02-05-2007, 6:53 PM
One more thing - where is the "m34aa.are" file supposed to go? I just went to the Shyrack caves and there were no crystal formations.

The patcher is puting it in Override.
 T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 8:20 PM
^^^ it is set up to either edit the m34aa.are file if it is in your override or it will copy the file to override then edit it. Unfortunately it doesn't help that I forgot to add the files to the installation.

Here is the new link Lightsaber 7 pack 1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar)

Sorry about this, but if you have installed the mod already I advise you to remove all the files this mod installed then copy the backed up files from the tslpatcher backup folder that was created in the install folder, then run the installer again.

The easyest way to remove the files from the Lightsaber 7 pack is to select all the files(ctrl+a) in the tslpatchdata folder(deselect "changes.ini" and "info.rtf" by holding ctrl+left click) then rightclick one of the highlighted files and select copy and then paste the files into your override folder and allow them to overwrite all the files(which will select all the files this mod uses in your override which will allow you to easily delete the mods files).

Hopefully no more problem will be found.
 jimbo32
02-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Hopefully no more problems will be found.

Heh. Just another heads up T7. This one's for WotOR though. :)

The "kas_bandon.utc" from the upgrades1.02_to_1.03 has the wrong tag. It's tagged as "kor_bandon", so the cut-scene at the bottom of the elevator doesn't fire properly (and no fight).

I just went through something similar with my recruitment mod for Yuthura (thanks to stoffe and Darth333 i figured it out before I pulled out all of my hair), so that was the first thing I checked when the cut-scene didn't start.

cheers.

EDIT:
One more thing - I noticed that the new crytals in the 7-pack don't have a description. Although they look fine in Kotor Tool, when you check them in-game all it says is "no description set".

I tried opening a few up in GFFEditor, and got an error:
"A warning has occured:
File: D:\nwn_xp1\Dev\utilities\Editors\GFFEditor\GFFTree Nodes.cpp
Line#: 326
Press Abort to quit, Retry to debug, or Ignore to continue"

Retry gave an external exception 80000003.

I'm not sure what all of this means, but I thought it might be helpful.
 T7nowhere
02-07-2007, 9:28 AM
Thanks, I'll fix those things up tonite if I have time.
 jimbo32
02-09-2007, 7:02 PM
Thanks, I'll fix those things up tonite if I have time.

One more thing T7 (for now ;) ).

Someone reported the issue back on page 2, but you may have missed it. On the Leviathan in the interrogation chamber, Bastila is invisible. Unfortunately, I didn't have a save close to that point, so I couldn't troubleshoot the problem. It looks like that module uses p_bastilla001.utc, if that makes any difference. (There appears to be something screwy with the in-game version of that file as well - Kotor Tool won't open it)

I'll let you know if I find anything else. :D
 T7nowhere
02-09-2007, 9:01 PM
You are right, it is the utc that is causing the glitch with bastila in the interrogation.

I think dismissed suggestion of my mod being responsible for that glitch. this is really a D'OH! moment, I knew I shouldn't have trusted that those utc's were safe.

Anyone that has not yet reached the leviathan, please remove the files p_bastilla001 and p_bastilla002 from your override. I apologize fort he inconvience this has caused anyone. Removing those files will not affect the rest of the mod, until the Unknownworld and then only if you Join with Bastila on the temple summit. I'll figure out a way around this.

EDIT:
One more thing - I noticed that the new crytals in the 7-pack don't have a description. Although they look fine in Kotor Tool, when you check them in-game all it says is "no description set".

I tried opening a few up in GFFEditor, and got an error:
"A warning has occured:
File: D:\nwn_xp1\Dev\utilities\Editors\GFFEditor\GFFTree Nodes.cpp
Line#: 326
Press Abort to quit, Retry to debug, or Ignore to continue"

Retry gave an external exception 80000003.

I'm not sure what all of this means, but I thought it might be helpful.

Are you sure that the crystals have no description in your game, In my game they say "Large crystal formation" I downloaded my mod and reinstalled it and it still shows up with Large Crystal Formations, just as it should.

perhaps you corrupted the utp files when you opened them with the nwn gff editor. I would recomend only using KT or K-gff.
 jimbo32
02-09-2007, 9:45 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The crystal formations are fine - it's the saber crystals that are missing their descriptions (and it's all of them - not just the few I opened in GFFEditor).

Anyway, when I opened them with the GFFEditor, I copied a few from my override to my desktop. The ones in override haven't been touched.
 T7nowhere
02-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh Ok, I think I know whats happening in your game then, you are probably trying to put a double saber crystal in a normal saber hilt or a normal saber crystal in a double saber hilt. none of the crystals will work if you put them in a short saber and you can only use a double saber crystal in a double saber and normal crystal in a normal hilt.

If you put a crystal in a hilt and the hilt turns into a grenade which has no description then just cancle out without assembling it and your saber will be fine.

All of the uti's are fine on my end and from my uploaded .rar, so I can't really say whats is going on at your end if it's not what I suggested it could be.
 jimbo32
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Nope, it's not the null-grenade thing (c'mon T7, gimme a little credit).

If you look at them in your inventory or at the workbench before upgrading a saber (ie: mouse-over) it says "no description set". It does that for all of the crystals in the 7-pack. Once you assemble a saber, the description for those is fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Same results.

I'll try it with a clean override and let you know what the results are.
 T7nowhere
02-10-2007, 3:38 AM
You should also try to load the crystals into another savegame with kse.
 Ghost Down
02-10-2007, 4:29 AM
Could you repack the mod again with all the fixes?

- Ghost Down
 jimbo32
02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
You should also try to load the crystals into another savegame with kse.

False alarm. Sorry about that T7.

I'm still not sure what was causing the problem though. When I installed the mod in a clean override and started a new game, everything was fine (I added a few crystals with KSE to check them). I then uninstalled it, put all of my other mods back (with the backed-up .2da's) and reinstalled. I had to go through my most recent save with KSE and replace all of the 7-pack crystals, but once I did that everything was good.

Some kind of screw-up with the .2da's I'm guessing - my fault no doubt. My override is a little sensitive sometimes.
 T7nowhere
02-10-2007, 1:20 PM
^^^ Thats ok, it happens. ;)

Could you repack the mod again with all the fixes?

- Ghost Down

Yes, I'm currently working on that.
 MdKnightR
02-21-2007, 2:25 AM
The "kas_bandon.utc" from the upgrades1.02_to_1.03 has the wrong tag. It's tagged as "kor_bandon", so the cut-scene at the bottom of the elevator doesn't fire properly (and no fight).

Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I am now at Kashyyyk and I am experiencing the same thing.
 Shem
02-21-2007, 3:05 AM
Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I am now at Kashyyyk and I am experiencing the same thing.This is how you fix it.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3433/kasbandy5.jpg)

See where I circled "kor_bandon". Make sure it says "kas_bandon".
 jimbo32
02-24-2007, 9:23 PM
Ran into another issue with the Bastila *.utc's T7.

After finishing up in the temple on the Unknown World, I went back to the Ebon Hawk. When trying to take off for the Star Forge, instead of the cut-scene with Carth, Dadonna, and Vandar I got nothing but a black screen. I removed your modded Bastila files from override, and tried again - the cut-scene fired just fine.

I had a quick look at the six files, and they all appear to be OK. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?
 Jolly Boots
02-24-2007, 9:43 PM
Ran into another issue with the Bastila *.utc's T7.

After finishing up in the temple on the Unknown World, I went back to the Ebon Hawk. When trying to take off for the Star Forge, instead of the cut-scene with Carth, Dadonna, and Vandar I got nothing but a black screen. I removed your modded Bastila files from override, and tried again - the cut-scene fired just fine.

I had a quick look at the six files, and they all appear to be OK. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?
I had the same problem. But after I restarted my system and played it, it worked. Odd.
 Master Michael
03-13-2007, 6:17 AM
I had the same problem as jimbo32.
Removed the bastila files, and it worked.

Thanks for the tip, jimbo32.
 MdKnightR
03-19-2007, 3:16 AM
I had the same problem as jimbo32.
Removed the bastila files, and it worked.

Thanks for the tip, jimbo32.

I am having the same problem, but I am afraid to remove the Bastilla files in Override. Mainly because if I take them out, won't it affect the rest of the story on the Star Forge?
 Master Michael
03-19-2007, 9:15 AM
You can put them back after you have landed safely on the Star Forge.
 T7nowhere
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
To quote myself from a few messages up on this page.

Anyone that has not yet reached the leviathan, please remove the files p_bastilla001 and p_bastilla002 from your override. I apologize fort he inconvience this has caused anyone. Removing those files will not affect the rest of the mod, until the Unknownworld and then only if you Join with Bastila on the temple summit. I'll figure out a way around this.

If you have Bastila join up with Revan on the Temple summit, it will be safe to remove all of the p_bastilla001 to p_bastilla006 UTCs after you save with her in your party.
 Shem
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Actually just removing the p_bastilla001.utc and p_bastilla002.utc is enough. Heck even remove p_bastilla003.utc while you're at it. From my personal experience when Bastila joins your party if dark side, the game 99.9% of the time uses the p_bastilla004.utc file. Only once did the game in the countless times I've beaten K1, Bastila joined you using the p_bastilla006.utc file. I've never seen it use the p_bastilla001.utc, p_bastilla002.utc, p_bastilla003.utc, and p_bastilla005.utc file and I've beaten it on my PC around 50 times.
 Ryuujinn
04-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Actually just removing the p_bastilla001.utc and p_bastilla002.utc is enough. Heck even remove p_bastilla003.utc while you're at it. From my personal experience when Bastila joins your party if dark side, the game 99.9% of the time uses the p_bastilla004.utc file. Only once did the game in the countless times I've beaten K1, Bastila joined you using the p_bastilla006.utc file. I've never seen it use the p_bastilla001.utc, p_bastilla002.utc, p_bastilla003.utc, and p_bastilla005.utc file and I've beaten it on my PC around 50 times.

Okay, so, me, being the newbie-modder that I am, my question is, what exactly are the p_bastilla files used for?

And going back a little further in the thread, are you going to create another patch to this very fine mod that fixes the little glitches like the kas_bandon.utc thing?
 T7nowhere
04-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Okay, so, me, being the newbie-modder that I am, my question is, what exactly are the p_bastilla files used for?

And going back a little further in the thread, are you going to create another patch to this very fine mod that fixes the little glitches like the kas_bandon.utc thing?

I hope to eventually, when I have some free time to devote to it and an inclination to do so ;) .

For now though the major fixes that need to be addressed are discussed and solved in this thread.

btw, the p_bastila.utc's only place the saber I made on her.
 Glabro
04-14-2007, 2:36 PM
I have Wotor (with the fixes from this thread), Lactose-Intolerantґs jedi-armors as well as a couple of (harmless) .2da changes in my override.

The game freezes on me when trying to leave the Temple in the Unknown World with Bastila (or with Juhani & Jolee, for that matter). The freeze occurs during the autosave immediately after I exit the temple (turning off autosave didnґt help).

Would WOTOR have anything to do with it? Iґm completely stumped, and canґt find a way to finish my game. Any help is appreciated.
 T7nowhere
04-14-2007, 3:31 PM
^^^
This is the first report I've had about this occuring. You could try removing all the mods from your override and then leave the temple. Just make sure that you unequip all modded items from the npc's. Or just remove any 2DAs, then try it.

What are the harmless 2da changes, maybe they are not so harmless.
Page: 4 of 5