Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WotOR

Page: 3 of 5
 shahz019
01-06-2007, 5:04 AM
T7, can you give another link for your mod? I've tried to download from FileFront, but it said that file not found. I dunno why...please help me...thx
 T7nowhere
01-06-2007, 1:15 PM
It works fine for me from the US link. If your getting redirected to another page,try hitting the back button to return to the mod page.
 Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Anyone else getting Bandon not spawning on Korriban? His Sith flankies appear but he doesn't. Causes the game to crash. =/
 Q
01-07-2007, 5:23 AM
^^^Do you have other mods involving Bandon installed (Shem's Super Enhanced, for example)? I've spent the week knitting those two mods together. :)

Speaking of which T7: I'm looking for Bandon's Manaan *.utc file. I found kas_bandon.utc, kor_bandon.utc, and tat_bandon.utc easily enough, but I can't find one for Manaan. I went to Hrakert (sp?) Station to see if he would show up wielding Svosh's saber, and of course he was, so I was wondering which file put the saber there.

Incredible job on the models, BTW!
 Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Nope. No other mods that modified Bandon.
 PrimusPilus
01-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey T7,

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to report to you a possible oversight with the MOD.

It seems that when you first meet Calo Nord in the Lower City Cantina on Taris, he does not have the new blasters equipped for the cut scene. You also have to initiate conversation with Calo before the cut-scene takes place. I might be wrong on that last part, however, I thought the cut-scene initiated when you walked through the cantina door past the pazzak player, not when you talked to Calo...

Also, when you go into the lower city apartments, in the second cut-scene with Calo, he doesn't weild any blasters at all, he just fights bare knuckled, which is kinda cool, but, the blaster models are too good not to show off at every opportunity ;).
 Ghost Down
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Strange, those scenes worked okay for me ..

- Ghost Down
 Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Same.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.
 MdKnightR
01-07-2007, 8:39 PM
Where can I download that mod you made that gives Malak a gold and black with metallic eyes appearance? And is it compatible with WotoR?
 Ken
01-08-2007, 9:52 AM
MdKnightR, I am pretty sure Wotor is compatible with the Bastila Revelation Robes. I installed both and nothing needed to be overwritten, but who knows? Also Wotor is sadly not compatible with Sherruk Attacks with Lightsabers, Redhawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack, Blaster/Armor/Droid/Misc Item Pack, and the Xia Terashai Set, until T7 gets around to including the utc modification, which would make only Redhawke's mods that I already mentioned incompatible. Ugh, that was a huge run on sentance. Sorry for the short list, these are the only mods that I was using for Kotor I, too lazy to look through all of pcgamemods and knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront. Still like I said, I'm not sure, somebody should double check just in case. Well how's that for a first post. Oh yeah and before I forget awesome mod T7, always knew you'd get it out.

-Ken
 Q
01-08-2007, 6:39 PM
^^^OK. While this may be true, this mod can be made compatible with other mods by reading the installog and looking for errors, and editing the files in question.

It would also help to read this entire thread. By doing so you would see that Bastila Hardcore and Malak Improved have already been addressed. :)
 Ken
01-09-2007, 6:36 PM
Yep, you're absolutely correct Qliveur. This mini list was simply made to save a few people some time in looking for which mods they would have to edit files to make it compatible with Wotor. Sorry once again for the small list. Can't believe I forgot that Bastila Hardcore, Malak Improved, and Juhani's Dark Robe/Sanctuary Threads were already mentioned, shame on me, shame on me.

-Ken
 RedHawke
01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
If I may ask Ken, since you looked into it, what files are the ones that clash with my item pack mods?
 Q
01-10-2007, 1:09 AM
@RH:

From your Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack:
dan14_sherruk.utc
g_w_lghtsbr06.uti
kor39_yuthura.utc
tar03_brejik031.utc
tar03_selven031.utc

From your Blasters/Armor/Droid Item Pack:
p_hk47.utc
p_jolee.utc
p_juhani.utc

Nothing I could find in your RTW/SF booster.
 kata_mad
01-10-2007, 8:05 AM
The only one that really is a problem would be the g_w_lghtsbr06.uti file as all the other .utc files are just for telling the game what to equip them with when they jion your party. These can easily be amended with KTto include other items from this mod.
 RedHawke
01-11-2007, 12:08 AM
You will have to merge T7's and my .utc files, see I equipped certain NPC's with some of my items to buff them up when you face them and make the worn items lootable. I can't say what T7 did.

The g_w_lghtsbr06.uti you can overwrite as it doesn't really affect anything (it is a file I should have removed, but I was a little lazy) ;)
 MdKnightR
01-11-2007, 2:51 AM
T7nowhere, I hope that you can give me some advice. I want to make Bastilla's saber color something other than yellow (I hate yellow). I have hex-edited the w_dblsbr_250.mdl file to point to a color that I made specifically for it, but it still turns out to be the default yellow when she wields it. Am I missing something?
 T7nowhere
01-11-2007, 3:24 AM
^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.
 mimartin
01-11-2007, 4:25 PM
Sorry for taking so long to comment, but I just finished another play through with your mod installed. It is one of the best mods ever made and it has a permanent place reserved in my override folder. Thank you, and all of those that helped you with this mod. I want you to know all your hard work is really appreciated. Thank you, for sharing your creation with us and allowing us to continue to enjoy this wonderful game. Great work and great mod!
 MdKnightR
01-12-2007, 1:47 AM
^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.

Thanks for the help. Now it looks great! However, when it comes time for Bastilla to hold Malak off while you make a run for the Ebon Hawk on the Leviathan, she enters the scene with a yellow saber, but finishes with the custom silver blade that I made for it. Is there any way to fix this?
 T7nowhere
01-12-2007, 10:25 AM
^^^ Did you overwrite the original yellow saber model? I say this because I made only 2 models for her, yellow and red, so a straight overwrite of the yellow is what you need to do.
 MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
If you mean name my silver color w_lsabreyelo01.tga instead of having it as its own file, then no I didn't. Even though I really dislike yellow as a saber blade color, I didn't want to take it out of the game completely. I want Bastilla to have her own unique color while other sentinels encountered during the game still wield yellow blades. Is there no other way to get around my issue?
 T7nowhere
01-13-2007, 2:48 AM
Is there no other way to get around my issue?

I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?
 MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 3:36 AM
I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?

Yes, I did overwrite the model with the one I edited. She plays out the entire scene wielding the model you made. At the beginning of the scene, her blade is yellow. At the end of the scene (as Carth is yelling "NO!") she is battling Malak with the silver blade that I conjured up. At any other place in the game prior to that scene, she wields it as a silver saber like I want her to. I know it sounds strange, but that is the way its doing it.

EDIT: Actually, its hard to tell, but I think she may be entering the scene with a default yellow saber model, but she definitely ends it with the one you made.
 MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 8:18 PM
I confirmed it. She enters the scene with a default yellow saber hilt. I couldn't tell clearly that that was so because I had installed another hilt in its place. I went back and removed that hilt so I could tell for sure that was what she was holding, and it is. I don't understand why she begins the scene with a default and ends it with your saber.
 T7nowhere
01-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Do you have any other mods that would affect that module? I'm trying to remember if I had to script the saber on her or if its the same one that she has when malak freezes her and Carth.

I know I wrote one script that destroys her normal saber from the pc's inventory just before Malak fights her, the reason I did this is because the game would be using the "bast_temp_saber.uti" to attack Malak.

Have you modified that uti? It should be pointing to model Var 250.
 MdKnightR
01-14-2007, 12:51 AM
OK!!! Now I know what was going on. I was using an old savegame that was saved after the Revan revelation sequence. I had forgotten that I had gotten rid of Bastilla's saber early in that old game. Evidently, the game was placing the default one in her hand to begin the sequence since it wasn't in the inventory to begin with. When I went back to a prior save and played up to that point, everything worked out beautifully. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for being patient with me.
 T7nowhere
01-14-2007, 1:03 AM
:D cool, I'm glad you got it worked out.
 MdKnightR
01-14-2007, 1:41 PM
Just thought you might like to see what I did with it. I think your hilt design looks awesome with my custom silver blade. What do you think?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/MdKnightR/Screenshots/KotOR0000.jpg)

Sorry that screenshot is from a really dark scene. It looks bright white in the an outdoors environment.
 Kainzorus Prime
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.
 Jolly Boots
01-16-2007, 2:27 PM
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.
Had the exact same problem. Easily fixed.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.
 Darth InSidious
01-16-2007, 2:50 PM

Had this problem too on Korriban.

I solved it by extracting the original kor_bandon UTC using KT, and then copying the items in Bandon's inventory (the list of stuff below, not the stuff equipped to his body...) from the one supplied by T7 ;)
 T7nowhere
01-16-2007, 3:23 PM
I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests. I didn't just add the items though, I also edited his feats so that he would have single wielding instead of double.
 Shem
01-16-2007, 3:34 PM
I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests.It also worked for me when I beta tested each module for Bandon.
 Kainzorus Prime
01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.
 Darth InSidious
01-17-2007, 2:03 PM
^Actually, now that I remember, I've had that one, too.
 T7nowhere
01-17-2007, 2:44 PM
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.

Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.
 Kainzorus Prime
01-17-2007, 3:13 PM
I have a theory tough it might not be the answer. Before Leviathan I had Bastila equiped in Dark Jedi robes, which after takeoff, leaves her in dark side underwear (one after Taris swooprace). Maybe the module doesn't recognize it but that's just a theory.
 Shrub91
01-19-2007, 5:12 PM
I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.

Mod note: Merged question thread into the main WOTOR thread. ~M
 Shem
01-20-2007, 3:53 AM
I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.I think I know why T7's Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Korriban UTC files of Darth Bandon are causing people's games to crash and why did didn't when I beta tested it and why it didn't crash in T7's game and others. Manaan won't be a problem since T7 scripted Bandon's lightsaber in his hand instead of a UTC file change. That also means Bandon's armor is not equipped to him, but in his inventory.

T7 put Bandon's fiber armor equipped to his clothing slot. The game doesn't have him wear it by default. Bioware just put it in his inventory. The reason why it's crashing on lots of different people is that my appearance.2da file is altered so that I can have Bandon's appearance and wear different types of armor and robes. I'm willing to bet that T7's appearance.2da file is set to that also which is probably why both of us didn't think about that being a problem when testing it. The game by default isn't set for that. I did that so I can use Bandon's appearance for mod test purposes.

I also notice that if you have Darth333's recruit Darth Bandon mod, she changed the appearance.2da file on Bandon's row so that he could wear clothing and armor so those who are using that mod shouldn't have any problems with T7's mod.

All you have to do is edit his files so that the armor isn't equiped on him, but in his inventory. Or you can edit his equipment slots in your appearance.2da file. His row number is 184. One or both of those solutions will fix your problems.
 Ghost Down
01-20-2007, 4:17 AM
Could you post instructions on how to do this, Shem?

- Ghost Down
 T7nowhere
01-20-2007, 3:18 PM
Woopsy, Thanks for finding that shem. Ok I edited my files and here is 1.02 to 1.03 patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.02_to_1.03.rar) the only thing this rar includes are the 3 utc bandon utc files.

Sorry about that guys.

To install, extract the files and copy and paste them over the same files in your override folder.
 Q
01-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry about that guys.
No worries. Thanks for the update. :)

I've encountered a little, game-breaking problem of my own. It happens on the bridge of the Leviathan after you take out Saul Karath and his guard. Something is keeping his dying dialogue from firing. He just lies there after you defeat him and nothing is said. Since I don't have any of Karath's .gff files in my override, and I've noticed that there's a custom script that arms Karath with your custom hold-out blaster, and then a couple more written for that particular module, I was wondering if one of them might be breaking the dialogue.
 T7nowhere
01-21-2007, 3:48 PM
Sorry I can't think of anything from my mod that could break that dialogue.

I have 3 scripts for that module. The first(k_plev_40ad_en.ncs) is a replacement for the original, it just fires the Original script(ok_plev_40ad_en.ncs) and then my weapon replacement script(saul_hob_rplc.ncs).

My inicial thought is of a conflicting utc or script attached to the utc or dialogue. Do you have any other mods that mod that module.
 Q
01-21-2007, 4:14 PM
Well, I feel stupid. :)

It wasn't your scripts at all; it was the altered .GFF file "n_darkjedim001.utc" that I had put in my override to buff the dark jedi in the game.

I didn't think that that would prevent the dialogue from firing. Problem solved. :)
 Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 3:37 PM
Everything has worked perfectly so far, however when I set off from the Unknown World to set foot on the Star Forge, the game just stays on a black screen. I can hear the music and can flourish my lightsabers, but can't pause or do anything :(

Help would be greatly appreciated.
 T7nowhere
01-26-2007, 4:09 PM
Load a save game prior to the module you are stuck in and try to go tot he star forge again.

Sometimes the game will produce odd little glitches like that.
 Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 4:22 PM
No that still didn't work :(

"You see this hand? It is mine! You see these things? They are mine!"
 T7nowhere
01-26-2007, 5:09 PM
What other mods do you have installed. If any others , do you know if they modify that area on the starforge.
 Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 5:16 PM
That's a point, I have dozens of others installed, but none that affect the StarForge. Or none that I can recall.
Page: 3 of 5