Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.utm files?

Page: 1 of 1
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Okay I am having difficulty understanding something here. I am trying to use one of Redhawke's mods for Kotor 1, but I also would like to use Achilles' Enhanced Lightsabres v3.0 for Kotor 1, but they both use a file named suvam01a.utm. I know the files are different because they come from two different mods, but how do I modify the either one so I can use both?
 m16965
12-21-2006, 1:04 AM
Actually if i recall correctly the utm files are the files for the stores/infentories of the people e.g. dennis dorbo.
 SithRevan
12-21-2006, 1:10 AM
Well you would have to modify the one of invertories of one of the .utm files. That should be pretty easy. I hope this helps.;)
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 1:15 AM
how would i modify them? I'm kind of new at this so, I would appreciate a little more help. Do I use Kotor tool to modify them because i looked through kotor tool and I didn't see any .utm files.
 Darkkender
12-21-2006, 1:18 AM
The simple way is to open them both up in kotor tool and compare there inventory list. Look towards the bottom as that is likely where you will find your difference.
 SithRevan
12-21-2006, 1:21 AM
As Darkkender said comparing them would be the best way to do it.
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 1:22 AM
ok I have both of them opened up. Now what am I looking for?
 SithRevan
12-21-2006, 1:24 AM
You are going to be looking for a button called "Inventory". Press it then look at the list from there just add the items from one merchant to the other.
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 1:29 AM
what the hell? they both have the same items listed under inventory.
 SithRevan
12-21-2006, 1:31 AM
That means that they are the exact same .utm file or there is an external source giving them their items. Is there a script name in the "OnOpenStore Script" box?
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 1:40 AM
no, neither of them has that.
edit: forget this... I'm just going to use Red Hawke's mod and not mess with achilles' mod. I may switch them out from time to time, but this is too much work to get them to work side by side.
 Kitty Kitty
12-21-2006, 5:53 AM
Actually if i recall correctly the utm files are the files for the stores/infentories of the people e.g. dennis dorbo.
Aye.

In this case, suvam01a.utm happens to be for Suvam Tam over on Yavin station. His "base" inventory version, to be precise.

Now if you wish thegreatjoshini, you could post links to both mods in question and I'd be happy to have a look and see if I can determine what (if anything) needs to be done to make them cross-compatable.

-Kitt
 stoffe
12-21-2006, 6:48 AM
If the inventories are identical it might be that they change the Mark Up / Mark Down values, which affect how much the store buys and sells the items for.

Or perhaps both mods have made exactly the same changes? :) You could probably use the GFF Comparison Tool (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#gmt) to quickly see what differs between the files, if anything.

Or it could be they have no set items but a random loot genarator

If both have the same OnStoreOpen script assigned (or no script assigned at all and having the random inventory script run from somewhere else) there wouldn't be any point to include a copy of the UTM file though, since you haven't made any changes to it.
 m16965
12-21-2006, 4:57 PM
If the inventories are identical it might be that they change the Mark Up / Mark Down values, which affect how much the store buys and sells the items for.
Or it could be they have no set items but a random loot genarator
 Kitty Kitty
12-21-2006, 7:23 PM
If both have the same OnStoreOpen script assigned (or no script assigned at all and having the random inventory script run from somewhere else) there wouldn't be any point to include a copy of the UTM file though, since you haven't made any changes to it.
Indeed. And Suvam DOES have a set inventory. Actually 3 of them in a manner of speaking, depending on how many maps you've found when you visit and a few other conditionals.

Like I said before, I really can't do more than speculate without having the files to examine, since I've absolutely no idea what either modder was even aiming for, let alone what they did. :)

-Kitt
 m16965
12-22-2006, 1:40 AM
Indeed. And Suvam DOES have a set inventory. Actually 3 of them in a manner of speaking, depending on how many maps you've found when you visit and a few other conditionals.
Yup and there are all sorts of scripts to determine what you get. E.g exp, what planets youv'e been to, party members e.c.t. They all have an inventory and i don't think you can change that, but you can add items and stuf if you want to. You could even LOCK a corpse :lol: or change the apperance
 stoffe
12-22-2006, 8:17 AM
Yup and there are all sorts of scripts to determine what you get.

I fail to see what that has to do with the original question though. If they aren't set on the store itself (which they are not as far as I can see) there is still no need to send the .UTM file along if nothing else has been modified. :)

Anyway, I had a look at it and as far as I can see Achilles Enhanced Lightsabers mod does not contain any suvam01a.utm file. The only store file it seems to contain is suvam03a.utm, which has a single item added at the end of the inventory item listing: g_w_sbrcrstl83.
Page: 1 of 1