Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Swoop races

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Essence
12-04-2006, 2:32 PM
Hello there .. I'm in need of some help about swoop races .. three things i'd like to know .. :

1. How to edit a swoop track or create a new one ...
2. How to launch a swoop race after a dialogue ...
3. How to make a swoop championship (race times) ...

Any help much appreciated ....
 Lit Ridl
12-05-2006, 1:00 AM
This is very important to know for what game oyu want it to be made???

Anyway, launching after dialog is the same for both KI and TSL.
Just write your script's name without extension in Script #1 field somewhere in your dialog.
Here is the script itself:
void main ()
{
string sModule = "your_module_name";
StartNewModule(sModule);
}
Replace your_module_name with your module's filename. No extensions. Swoop races are separate module too.
Save this script under any name you want + .nss extension. Name should not be longer than 12 symbols! So, for example you may name it de_actswoop_1.nss
Than open your Kotor Tool. Go to Kotor I (or Kotor II)/BIFs/scripts.bif/Script, source/
And look there for nwscript.nss
Extract this nwscript.nss to your game's (for what game it is?) Override folder.
Then, in Kotor Tool look for button with label Txt. Click on it. Open your .nss script there. Go to Script/ and choose for what what game it is. Then press F5. You will get the resulting .ncs file. This is actual script, game requires it. .nss - are source scripts, no act in-game.
 Darth Essence
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Okey thanks .. Sorry , I forgot, it was for K1 ... then i would only need to find out how to make the race times count .. so I could make a championship ..
Page: 1 of 1