Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do i edit attribute amounts?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zakhennahr
11-09-2006, 6:35 PM
Is there any way to edit the amount of attributes given at the beginning (let's say instead of 30, 50...) and to change it so you get a new attribute every two levels intstead of four? (I think it would be nice to use in conjunction with the hardcore mod... my opinion)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
 Lit Ridl
11-10-2006, 1:49 AM
Is there any way to edit the amount of attributes given at the beginning (let's say instead of 30, 50...) and to change it so you get a new attribute every two levels intstead of four? (I think it would be nice to use in conjunction with the hardcore mod... my opinion)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Open your Kotor Tool.
Go to Kotor I/BIFs/2da.bif/2D Array OR Kotor II/BIFs/2da.bif /2D Array
Search there for the classes.2da
See labels?
So, in this example we'll change starting amount for Jedi Guardian (for Kotor II).
Jedi Guradian's row number is 3.
Scroll left, and look for str, dex, con, int, wis, cha.
For example change them all (on the third row!) to 50. Go to File/Save As 2DA v2.b... And save this file to your Kotor II/Override folder.
When you will start new game and will select your attributes, click Recommended and you'll see all your attributes on 50!
The same is for Kotor I.
 RedHawke
11-10-2006, 6:50 AM
To answer your other question, no you can't change when you gain attribute points, it is hard-coded at one every 4 levels.
 Lit Ridl
11-10-2006, 8:30 AM
To answer your other question, no you can't change when you gain attribute points, it is hard-coded at one every 4 levels.
But it looks like he'd asked about how to get attribute points while starting new game.
 Shem
11-10-2006, 5:35 PM
Zakhennahr, I made a mod that made those types of changes you want linked below. :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168417)
 RedHawke
11-11-2006, 6:49 AM
But it looks like he'd asked about how to get attribute points while starting new game.
If you re-read the post it also asks about the attribute points gained when levelling up. Hence I answered the part you didn't. ;)
 Zakhennahr
11-11-2006, 9:56 AM
Thank you all for replying, now i know why i couldn't find it in any of the 2da's last night :nod: ah, there goes my mod idea... i even changed the amount of levels you can gain to 100... t'was... "fun"...
Page: 1 of 1