Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ET and Star Wars - the missing link?

Page: 1 of 1
 jedijones
10-20-2006, 2:31 PM
I was reading on wookipedia when I came across this article :-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ET)

and I followed it up to this one:-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Earth#E.T.:_The_Extra-Terrestrial)

So, is there a link betwen ET and Star Wars? Did ET's race flee the galactic empire to our galaxy? The screenshot of ET's race is from Episode 1. Your thoughts please
 coupes.
10-20-2006, 2:46 PM
There really isn't a link between ET and Star Wars. ET only appeared in the senate as an inside joke between George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, much like Yoda appeared in E.T. the Extra Terrestrial in the form of an halloween costume. You can also hear a bit of Yoda's theme at this point in the movie. Basically, GL was only returning the favor.
 jedijones
10-21-2006, 2:39 AM
They have their own planet in the Star Wars universe however
 PoiuyWired
10-21-2006, 3:07 PM
I know its meant to be Easter Egg and not some canon in-universe tie in. Though it seems that ETs are Force Sensitive. THE ET himself would work nicely as a member on Medstar or something.
 Kurgan
10-23-2006, 7:01 PM
Throw wikipedia/wookieepedia are wretched hives of scum and villiany.. you must be cautious. ;)
 PoiuyWired
10-25-2006, 1:44 PM
Well, if you remember that ET movie the critter heals by making his finger glow caressing the kiddo. That looks quite Force Sensitive to me :3

And yeah the species does show up in the Senate scene as easter egg.
 Rabish Bini
10-29-2006, 3:04 AM
Obi phone home! LOL :)
 ABCIMe123
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Throw wikipedia/wookieepedia are wretched hives of scum and villiany.. you must be cautious. ;)

Wookieepedia good. Wikipedia bad.
 Prime
11-01-2006, 1:53 PM
Wookieepedia has the same problems for the same reasons.
Page: 1 of 1