Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-wing vs tie fighter

Page: 1 of 1
 phoenixm
09-25-2006, 6:36 AM
Hi all.
When i've installed xwing vs tie fighter, on a winxp mobile os, i've experienced a strange error message as follows:
-------------------------
Debug Assertion Failed

Program: C:\programmi\LucasArts\XwingTie\Z_xvt_.exe
File:dbgheap.c

Expression:_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

For Information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual c++....

(press Retry to debug the application)

Cancel Retry Ignore
--------------------------

Looking forward for your help. Thx
 Wildstar
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure if you're trying to install this on a laptop, or a handheld device running Windows Mobile (which won't work), but I still assert most laptops weren't built for gaming, especially games like XvT that require additional hardware (like a joystick). Better off installing XvT on a desktop machine.
 Phantomchicken
10-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh dear. Does that mean the copy of XvT I have just ordered is not likely to run on my laptop? (i've also ordered a joystick with USB plug...)
 Wildstar
10-07-2006, 4:22 PM
Phantomchicken

I didn't say it *wouldn't* work, as you have a USB stick and your laptop has a USB port, but most laptops use a portion of system memory for graphics memory, which hurts performance. This may not be too much of a problem on today's laptops, but it's still something to consider.
Page: 1 of 1