Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Operation Kill Bastila

Page: 1 of 1
 Agent Xim
09-19-2006, 1:28 AM
Operation Kill Bastila Version 1.4

Description:
Once Bastila is in your party, traveling in Upper City Taris gets a little harder! Without the Sith Disguise, the patrols are sure to recognize Bastila. However, starting a dialog with any of the Sith Troopers in Upper City Taris will ALWAYS cause them to immediately attack if the "Jedi fugitive" is in your party.

CHANGES IN VERSION 1.4:
Added Sith Battle Droids on both Upper City North and South that will join in the hostilities :)

CHANGES IN VERSION 1.3:
Added several scripts to automate hostilites, so a dialog is not necessary, although has been included to add realism (after all, the Sith want Bastila!).

CHANGES IN VERSION 1.2:
Updated original OKB version 1.1 files (adjusted scripts & dialog, made all troopers respond)

Installation:
Copy all files to your KOTOR1 Overide folder. This mod should work as soon as it's copied. To uninstall, remove the files copied from your Overide folder.

Download from My Site:
http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com)
also listed at PCGM:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/19085.html)

Enjoy!
Agent Xim

Plans for OKB v1.5:
Make Sith Guards hostile (guards at Lower City entrance and by Cantina will join in and attack)
Spawn Sith Patrol outside Sith Base (after all, the base went on alert!)

Credits:
Based on the original mod "Operation Kill Bastila" (v 1.0 & 1.1) by Dark_lord_Cheez from Holowan Labs
Original mod requested by DarkHelmut from Holowan Labs
Original Mod Thread (started by Dark_lord_Cheez) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152989)
 wasa7
09-19-2006, 2:56 AM
Thanks for doing it. If you plan to polish this mod, may I suggest...

1.-Sith troopers stop you as you pass right next to them. They yell at you "Hey you, stop right there!", and the firing start right up. Starting dialong with them won't be required.

2.-More Sith troopers on Upper Taris (North and South).

3.-Is it possible to make Taris citizens to start runing when the fight start? or maybe just to make them look scared during and a bit more after the fight?

4.-After the fight is over, a dialog triggers between main char and Bastilla. It could go something like this:
Main Char:
1.-We should return to the hideout. Is not safe for you to be seeing out here...
2.-We should move on...
Bastilla:
As you wish (I think there is real game audio for this sentence)

5.-Sith trooper squad in the main hall outside hideout.

Hope not to bother much. Thank you! Great Mod!
 Dirtnose
09-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Awsome Mod!! :emodanc:
 mimartin
09-19-2006, 1:03 PM
Tried it and liked it. Very nice mod, thank you for sharing.
 Agent Xim
09-19-2006, 5:38 PM
I'm currently working on scripts to make Operation Kill Bastila more automated... no release date lol, but workin' on it ;)

The script works on my end (mostly) but the idea is that a check for the sith disguise NOT worn AND Bastilla in your party will trigger the hostilities upon entering the area, instead of via a dialog as it is now.

More troopers (1-2 squads in each Upper City Taris area, plus additional patrols walking the areas) will spawn after the Sith base has been completed (you'll need some experience first!)... your entire party will be identified as fugitives so be prepared to use the Sith armor disguise (maybe stealth would work here with an experience bonus)... if you need an extra Sith Trooper disguise since Gadon takes one, then my Bothan SpyNet Agent Gear spawns some useful equipment including sitharmor early on Taris (perhaps I'll add the extra set of armor directly in a future update - maybe in the Sith Base armory).

I won't bother with inter-party banter (sorry wasa7 - I just think there's already plenty of party banter on Taris at least), but I will add some Trooper dialog voices for a couple talk-fight sequences (I have a dialog written just for something like this around here somewhere...).

Once the above projects are workin' I'll look into making civilians run for cover and even throw some surprises at ya along the way :D

Thanks for the ideas wasa7, If anyone has any more ideas, let me know! Methinks this is a nice project to get my scripting skills in check.

Xim
 uzibear
09-19-2006, 5:56 PM
lol, great

no more whiny jedi princes... :)

does this mean i miss out on the ever unsatsifying "kiss" ???..........
 Arбtoeldar
09-20-2006, 1:53 AM
lol, great

no more whiny jedi princes... :)

does this mean i miss out on the ever unsatsifying "kiss" ???..........

The first time Bastila is allowed to die in the game is on the Temple Summit.

Thank you Agent Xim for updating this mod.
 lactose_
09-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Really??
I must be missing something...
 Vegard Aune
09-21-2006, 12:17 PM
What are you talking about? She doesn't DIE there, no matter what you do...
 The_Maker
09-22-2006, 8:13 PM
Is it actually working?

Last versions I tried (which were a really long time ago) never worked :/

If so, Heck Ya'! :emodanc:
 Agent Xim
09-22-2006, 8:22 PM
Is it actually working?

Last versions I tried (which were a really long time ago) never worked :/

If so, Heck Ya'! :emodanc:
This one works... updated the dialog and script :)
I do have an update coming that automates things (and spawns some additional troopers). The update should be ready in a few days.
 wasa7
09-22-2006, 10:26 PM
This one works... updated the dialog and script :)
I do have an update coming that automates things (and spawns some additional troopers). The update should be ready in a few days.

Great Agent Xim. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't played since you're first release, mostly because I want to make the Sith Patrol mod I told you about. I've read a lot of tutorials and until now, I've come up with some triggers, some scripts that may work but I'm still missing some things to make it work. If you could give me a hand, or at least point me in the right direction, that would be great. I don't want to botter you but if you're up to it, please pm me ok? Thank you in advance.
 Agent Xim
09-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Updated... now version 1.4 (see top post)

I'm attempting to maintain some game balance, so if you play through with OKB installed... please let me know if you think enemies should be made more difficult :)

...I played through a couple times (with no other mods installed) and oddly enough, Bastila fell at least once each time (on difficult) :D
 mimartin
09-26-2006, 2:33 PM
Tried new version, liked it. Thank you for sharing.
 Hans Maulwurf
11-09-2006, 8:07 AM
Sorry for posting in this old thread. Will Operation Kill Bastilla 1.5 ever be finished or is this mod dead?
 wasa7
11-09-2006, 9:48 AM
Hello Hans Maulwurf, how are things going? The thing about Operation Kill Bastilla is that Agent Xim is not longer working on the project, mostly because he passed the project to me. I made some changes in the way Sith Troppers attack the main char and the party on Taris, and added some enemies right outside Taris Sith Base.

This work was never released but if you're interested I'l see what I can do to post it. Also, this mod was mixed with my "The Hunt for Bastila" mod, wich will also add a little more content to the game.

I am open for any suggestion you might have. Thank you.
 Hans Maulwurf
11-09-2006, 11:06 AM
This work was never released but if you're interested I'l see what I can do to post it. Also, this mod was mixed with my "The Hunt for Bastila" mod, wich will also add a little more content to the game.
Would be great if you could upload it. Could you perhaps make a download which includes both of the mods or is this mod included in your "The Hunt for Bastila" mod?
 Agent Xim
11-09-2006, 11:54 AM

I don't mind putting the new stuff on my site if you want, Wasa. PM me.
 DarthSomething
01-31-2008, 10:23 AM
How do you get to Javyar's Cantina to meet Canderous if the elevator guard attacks you on sight?
 Darth Payne
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think that should be a problem if you've already been in the lowercity.

Edit: If the 1.5 version is finished i would really like to know where i can find it.

One idea is to spawn two sith patrols in each appartment block.

Another is to add more sith commander (the ones in red armor), and make them much more difficult to kill.

Third idea might be to put in a sith apprentice or two. The guvernor you can kill in the sith base can't be the only one, perhaps you can run into them when you leave the base.
 wasa7
03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Hello all. I am gladly surprised to find this thread is still alive. I have the original mod in my home computer but I am on a work trip right now. I will gladly pass you the mod as soon as I arrive to my home in about two weeks. PM me in that time in case I forget to do so. Final version was never finished, the one with all the extra Sith Troppers wondering around looking for you and Bastila, but I managed to spam a Sith Patrol just outside the Taris apartment in the original version and it worked pretty well. Also, every Sith Tropper should attack you when in range after you rescue Bastila and if, and only if, Bastila is in the party which in my opinion should be a requisite to enter Taris Sith Building. How else a non-Jedi party could manage to kill a Sith apprentice? Again, PM me in about two weeks. Cheers!
 CptPriceless
07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Can someone PM me this mod? I just got KOTOR on the PC again, and I really want to try this mod :[
 SITH LORD 872
07-26-2011, 1:07 PM
I will try this tonight, Do other mods conflict with it?
 CptPriceless
07-26-2011, 2:17 PM
Alright Wayback machine isn't working, and I want this mod so badly :(
 celendis
07-27-2011, 1:04 AM
I hear ya Cap. I've got that same desire to replay with this mod.
 Totenkopf
07-27-2011, 1:58 AM
@CptPriceless and celendis----Have a copy, but don't know if it can be uploaded to PM. If either of you want a copy and can't find it on the webz, PM me an address to send via reg email.
 CptPriceless
07-27-2011, 2:13 AM
Alright, thanks so much :) Really appreciate it :D
Page: 1 of 1