Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another noob needing help

Page: 1 of 1
 RazorUK
09-12-2006, 7:19 AM
Hi all I have just been a bit hasty and bought the X-wing collector's series (loved the games as a kid) to use with winXP which I believe I can play according to posts I read on this forum. However I now need to purchase a Joystick Im not bothered about getting the best around just want one that will work with this game on XP if that is even poss?
 Wildstar
09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
As long as the stick is properly configured in Control Panel (through the "Game Controllers" option), it should work in the XWCS. Keep in mind, however, that not many sticks (even USB sticks) are auto-detected, so you will likely have to manually add the stick. Fortunately, Control Panel gives several generic options, so use the one that best describes your stick (such as 2-button, 2-axis).
 RazorUK
09-12-2006, 5:45 PM
Thanks for the info Wildstar. Gonna get on with buying a stick ASAP.
Cheers mate.
 Wildstar
09-13-2006, 10:29 AM
FYI, the only game controllers that Control Panel says are auto-detected are Logitech WingMan Digital devices and Microsoft Sidewinders.
Page: 1 of 1