Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stream Voice

Page: 1 of 1
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 2:27 PM
I have miles sound system, so I can listen to the stream voice files and by extention use them in my mods accordingly, but I would like to know what files can edit them (or convert them into a usable file type so they can be edited in the future).

Can anyone help me out here?

(At the moment, I want to string together all of HK-47's bits about ways to kill Jedi into one file so I can send it to a friend who is thinking of getting the game)
 Kainzorus Prime
09-09-2006, 2:41 PM
Well you can use miles sound studio to decompress files so they can be played normally in winamp and such, for other editing I would suggest Goldwave or Wavepad.
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 2:45 PM
I can't find the codec for decompression. I don't suppose you have a linkie handy?
 Kainzorus Prime
09-09-2006, 3:00 PM
I'm affraid ill have to reply in negative.
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 3:04 PM
Darn, do you have the decompression codec on your pc? I would have thought it would be on the site, but its not.
 Kainzorus Prime
09-09-2006, 3:10 PM
Sorry but i do not.
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 3:31 PM
cool. no problem. I'll find a workaround.
 Vegard Aune
09-09-2006, 4:21 PM
If you have Itunes, then you can do this:
Rename the file extensions to .mp3. This will allow ITunes to play it.
Right click the file in ITunes. There will be a "Convert to" alternative there. If it does not say "Convert to WAV" then you have to change the settings for copying music. This should be easy enough to figure out, so I won't bother to say how you do that.
After all that, you should be able to locate them in your ITunes music folder.

But if you don't have ITunes, I don't know what to do...
 ChAiNz.2da
09-10-2006, 4:43 AM
Definitely iTunes for ease (Vegard Aune hit it spot-on) ;) But me being an Apple user, this was a no-brainer (should work for the PC as well)...

On my PC, iTunes and Nero will work without having to do any 'extra' work :)
 goldberry
09-10-2006, 5:19 AM
Thanks everyone, but I sorted it in a different way at about midnight :)
Here's my method:
1) Copy whatever StreamVoice file you want to edit.
2) Change the extention from .wav to .mp3.
3) Import the .mp3 file into Audecity.
4) Save as either .wav or .mp3 (Whatever floats your boat)

It does now bug me, cause I have Nero on my laptop and I tried it this morning... I can't believe I overlooked using it.

Thanks everyone. Case closed.
 The Sith'ari
09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
If you have Itunes, then you can do this:
Rename the file extensions to .mp3. This will allow ITunes to play it.
Right click the file in ITunes. There will be a "Convert to" alternative there. If it does not say "Convert to WAV" then you have to change the settings for copying music. This should be easy enough to figure out, so I won't bother to say how you do that.
After all that, you should be able to locate them in your ITunes music folder.

But if you don't have ITunes, I don't know what to do...

I tried this method but it just doesn't work. iTunes started to play the file but nothing really came out, and after converting to mp3, the duration listed there is actually 0:00. I really need some way to solve this problem... but no one seems to be able to help in another thread I've posted. :giveup:
 stoffe
09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I tried this method but it just doesn't work. iTunes started to play the file but nothing really came out, and after converting to mp3, the duration listed there is actually 0:00.

Do you have the Miles Sound Tools installed? I can only get KotOR WAV sounds to play by changing the extension to .mp3 and open them in WinAmp or iTunes if I have the MST installed. Without MST installed they only produce static when played.
 Vegard Aune
09-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you have the Miles Sound Tools installed? I can only get KotOR WAV sounds to play by changing the extension to .mp3 and open them in WinAmp or iTunes if I have the MST installed. Without MST installed they only produce static when played.
That may be the reason. I don't have the Miles Sound Tool, but I've got the K-Lite Codek Pack, which includes Media Player Classic, which is also able to play the files. Try to download that one, revanchow. (I don't know where. Try google.)
 logan essex
03-09-2007, 2:34 PM
How do you rename extensions?
 T7nowhere
03-09-2007, 3:55 PM
^^^ In XP go to start>control panel>folder options>view tab uncheck the box that reads "hideextensions for know filetypes" close folder options by clicking the OK button then right click the file you want to rename the extension of and select rename (*note* doing this will not convert the file format only rename the file)
 logan essex
03-09-2007, 9:54 PM
Thanx, i'll see where i can go from there
Page: 1 of 1