Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing Kreia's look

Page: 1 of 1
 Vegard Aune
09-07-2006, 3:28 PM
I saw that topic which asked how to make any outfits appear visually on Visas, but that didn't work for Kreia, so I wonder, is it possible to do the same thing for Kreia?
 SithRevan
09-07-2006, 3:32 PM
I think you would be able to do it the same way with kreia, I will go check and see if it can be done the same way.
 stoffe
09-07-2006, 3:41 PM
I saw that topic which asked how to make any outfits appear visually on Visas, but that didn't work for Kreia, so I wonder, is it possible to do the same thing for Kreia?

Unfortunately not, since Kreia's head is part of her full body model, unlike Visas', who have a the head and body as two separate models. As far as I know there is no separate head model for Kreia.
 SithRevan
09-07-2006, 3:42 PM
Unfortunately not, since Kreia's head is part of her full head+body model, unlike Visas', who have a head/body separated appearance. As far as I know there is no separate head model for Kreia.

Yeah I already tried doing it and it will not work sorry!
 ChAiNz.2da
09-07-2006, 4:02 PM
Well, as the others have already said.. nope :(

I had made a mod, per request, that will at least give Kreia different colors of robes so she didn't always look so plain:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18688.html)

Unfortunately it only covers robes (hers style), not armors or the other 'normal' style Jedi/Sith robes...
 Vegard Aune
09-08-2006, 1:20 AM
Yes, I already know about that one.
But I wouldn't say that it's that unfortunate that it only covers the robes. It still looks much better.
 Jolly Boots
09-08-2006, 3:43 PM
Unfortunately not, since Kreia's head is part of her full body model, unlike Visas', who have a the head and body as two separate models. As far as I know there is no separate head model for Kreia.
There's no seperate head but there is a seperate face model. In case someone wants to do a modification which would be merging the Kreia fullbody head with the "face" model (which would result in her having a head model) =P
 stoffe
09-08-2006, 7:00 PM
There's no seperate head but there is a seperate face model. In case someone wants to do a modification which would be merging the Kreia fullbody head with the "face" model (which would result in her having a head model) =P

Yes, that one isn't really useful for much as it is; it looks pretty weird to have a character walking around with a face floating freely in the air with no head. ;) I'm curious why Obsidian added it...

I've had trouble editing heads in more complex ways than moving around vertexes and still have them keep their animations and be properly aligned on the neck, though I'm a novice at best when it comes to modeling. Perhaps someone with decent 3D modeling skills might be able to pull it off and build a head for the face. :)
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 1:29 PM
Since this topic is about changing Kreia's look, I was wondering how people got to have her with her hood down? Is it already in the game, as I haven't checked Kreia_Stunt yet?
 Jolly Boots
09-09-2006, 1:52 PM
Since this topic is about changing Kreia's look, I was wondering how people got to have her with her hood down? Is it already in the game, as I haven't checked Kreia_Stunt yet?
Several times. Just attach the animation for Hood down to her dialogs. She may not be able to keep it down between modules but oh well. Only other way would be to delete the hood entirely.
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 2:21 PM
Thanks. 1 more question :D How do I do the hood down animation? :P

EDIT: Never mind, I worked it out.
 Vegard Aune
09-09-2006, 4:22 PM
Thanks. 1 more question :D How do I do the hood down animation? :P

EDIT: Never mind, I worked it out.
Can you say how you worked it out?
 goldberry
09-09-2006, 4:43 PM
There are Hood_ON, and Hood_OFF animations in the dialog editor.
 Vegard Aune
09-10-2006, 3:16 AM
There are Hood_ON, and Hood_OFF animations in the dialog editor.
I know, but when I insert them into one of the replies, nothing happens...
 Tupac Amaru
09-10-2006, 5:57 AM
I know, but when I insert them into one of the replies, nothing happens...You have to attach dialog animations to entry nodes.
 Jolly Boots
09-10-2006, 12:52 PM
There are two animations. If that one doesn't work, try the other.
Page: 1 of 1