Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Movie Music Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Vegard Aune
08-24-2006, 2:08 PM
As the name strongly suggests, this is a mod that will replace about half of the KotOR 2 music with tracks from the Star Wars movies. Download it here:

<link disabled>

The files that have been replaced/added are the following:

Themes that have been changed:
Lifeless Ebon Hawk: Replaced with “Imperial Attack” from episode IV
Peragus Battle: Replaced with “The Asteroid Field” from episode V
Ebon Hawk: Replaced with “Tales of a Jedi Knight” (Obi-Wan’s introduction) from episode IV
Citadel Station: Replaced with “Mos Eisley Spaceport” from episode IV
Polar Academy Battle: Replaced with “Battle of Hoth” from episode V
Nar Shadaa Battle: Replaced with “Tie Fighter Attack” from episode IV
Dxun: Replaced with a mix of various pieces of music from Dagobah from episode V
Dxun Battle: Replaced with “Escape from Cloud City” from episode V
Onderon Battle: Replaced with “Imperial Cruiser Pursuit” from episode IV
Iziz Cantina: Replaced with “Cantina Band” from eisode IV
Dantooine Battle: Replaced with “The Droid Battle” from episode I
Korriban Battle: Replaced with “The Battle of Endor 2” (To be more specific, the theme when the emperor tries to kill Luke.) from episode VI
Telos Sith Attack: Replaced with “The Battle of Yavin” from episode IV
The Ravager: Replaced with “The Battle of Endor” from episode VI
Ravager Battle: Replaced with “Attacking a Star Destroyer” from episode IV
Malachor V: Replaced with “The Emperor’s Throne Room” from episode VI (Thanks to Valec from the Team Gizka-forum for suggesting that one.)
Malachor Battle: Replaced with “Duel of the Fates” from episode I
Duel in the Trayus Core (Final Boss): Replaced with “Battle of the Heroes” from episode III

Themes that have been added:
“Padme’s Destiny” from episode III, plays if Visas dies on the Ravager.
“Light of the Force” plays after you’ve defeated the final boss.

If you have any suggestions for changes, please say.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-24-2006, 2:20 PM
Not sure if this is is legal, but don't mind me im usually wrong.
 Vegard Aune
08-24-2006, 2:27 PM
Not sure if this is is legal, but don't mind me im usually wrong.
Well, all the tracks are cut down, so it's not like I'm publishing a free version of the soundtracks or something. I heard that edited samples are legal. I mean, I could even find some at the official star wars site.
 Meeshman
08-24-2006, 8:42 PM
Swet, I always loved Kotor 1 music, but not so much kotor 2. A Kotor 1 version would be great too.
 Vegard Aune
08-25-2006, 1:13 AM
Swet, I always loved Kotor 1 music, but not so much kotor 2. A Kotor 1 version would be great too.
Yeah, well, I don't really think that's necessary. The main reason I did this mod was because I thought the battle-themes of K2 were so boring. (I mean, there is only one of them (Dxun Battle) that is "unique" as in, there are no other themes that sound almost like it.) But I think the K1-music is more than good enough already.
 Lord Milkman
08-27-2006, 10:08 AM
i know this is bumping, but is there one for k 1, because i would really like "the battle of heroes" for the music for the duel between malak and you>
 Vegard Aune
08-28-2006, 1:44 AM
i know this is bumping, but is there one for k 1, because i would really like "the battle of heroes" for the music for the duel between malak and you>
I wouldn't consider it bumping, as the thread is only four days old.
About the music, well, that shouldn't be to hard. (Actually, it's so easy that anyone who has the soundtrack could do it just by editing a single .2da-file in the first one.)
 wolfard88
08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Excellent. This definately adds more of a climactic feel to Malachor V.
 Vegard Aune
09-02-2006, 6:37 AM
The mod is now up on Pcgamemods. Link: <link disabled>
 DarklordVashna
09-02-2006, 8:37 AM
Love the the tracks - I appreciate your work on this.

Only prob is that when I ran the installer I received the following warning message, part way through the installation:

"An unhandled error occurred! Access violation at address 7C913144 in module 'ntdll.dll. Write of address 00404BE9"

Any ideas on what might have casued it?

I do have mods already loaded into my override folder but I don't think there's a conflict because I use that KMM program that is so handy in adding mods for you.

Again great mod and thanks for your time putting it together.

DV
 Vegard Aune
09-02-2006, 8:43 AM

Only prob is that when I ran the installer I received the following warning message, part way through the installation:

"An unhandled error occurred! Access violation at address 7C913144 in module 'ntdll.dll. Write of address 00404BE9"

I don't know, but despite that error, the mod runs fine with me.
 jamjoh
09-02-2006, 12:05 PM

I do have mods already loaded into my override folder but I don't think there's a conflict because I use that KMM program that is so handy in adding mods for you.

Again great mod and thanks for your time putting it together.

DV

I got the same error, I have the TSL Holowan Plugin and the USM installed.
Hope this helps....
 stoffe
09-02-2006, 2:32 PM
The crash error is caused by a bug in an old version of nwnnsscomp.exe (script compiler) that came with older versions of the TSLPatcher mod installer previously. This bug should be fixed in the latest version of TSLPatcher and nwnnsscomp (v1.2.8b3 and v0.03 respectively).

That said, the way the mod installer coming with this mod is currently configured the Mod is incompatible with any other mod that modifies any of the files ambientmusic.2da, musictable.2da, 851nih.dlg, 852sacri.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, atris.dlg and kreatris.dlg, and will not install properly if any of those files already exist in the override folder. It is also mildly incompatible with any mod that modifies the dialog.tlk file, which will cause incorrect text to be shown in the Music List panel. :)

If you are interested in resolving most of those incompatibility issues you can configure the installer like this instead (with ChangeEdit). I've attached a changes.ini file with changes done as an example below:

Use KotorTool to export unaltered versions of ambientmusic.2da, musictable.2da, 851nih.dlg, 852sacri.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, atris.dlg and kreatris.dlg and put them in the tslpatchdata folder. Move your modified copies somewhere else first, they will be needed soon, but shouldn't be included in the tslpatchdata folder or mod distribution (the installer will modify files instead as needed).

Create a "changes.ini" file from the File menu (in ChangeEdit) and save it in the tslpatchdata folder.

Make an append.tlk file, save it in the tslpatchdata folder and create tokens for those text entries in the "TLK Entries" panel. (You've already done this part correctly.)

At the "2DA Files" panel, choose "Add 2DA file" from the "Modifiers" menu and select (or type in) ambientmusic.2da. It will pop up in the treeview under the "2DA Files" section, so select it there. In the right panel, click the Compare 2DA Files button above the modifier list. It's the little button with a finger pointing at a red blob.

In the first Open dialog box that shows, select the unaltered copy of ambientmusic.2da that you extracted in the first step. In the following Open dialog box, select the copy of ambientmusic.2da that has been modified for your mod. ChangeEdit will now compare the files for differences and automatically create Modifiers for those found. You should get 19 "Change" modifiers and two "Add" modifiers. These will instruct the installer how to modify the 2DA file to apply the changes your mod requires.

Scroll down to the first "AddRow" modifier and doubleclick on it. In the "Label of Exclusive column" box, pick "resource" in the dropdown menu. Then in the "Set column value" box, type in 2DAMEMORY1 in the "column" input box (it's not in the dropdown menu), and RowIndex in the "value" input box, and press the red arrow button pointing to the right. This will store the line number of the new line when it's added to the 2DA file by the installer for later use. Click the Close to return to the main window.

Repeat the same with the second "AddRow" modifier, but this time as the only difference type in 2DAMEMORY2 in the "column" input box.

Add the musictable.2da to the "2DA Files" section as well, use the compare button to compare the unaltered 2DA file against the one modified for your mod to get modifiers created. Doubleclick on each of the modifiers created, and in the window that opens set the "Exclusive column" field to filename and doubleclick on strrefname in the list to the right to load it into the edit boxes on the left. Then change the "value" inbox box to the StrRef# token (in the dropdown menu) corresponding to the append.tlk entry that should be used, instead of setting the StrRef number directly (since those can vary if the user already has a mod altering dialog.tlk installed). Click the right-pointing arrow button to save the change, close the window and do the same for all the musictable modifiers that were created.

Next, pick "Add GFF File" from the modifiers menu and add the files 852nih.dlg, 852sacri.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, atris.dlg and kreatris.dlg to the "GFF Files" section. Click on one of the added files and in the right panel that opens select "Compare GFF files" button above the modifier list (the one with the finger pointing at a red blob).

First select the unaltered DLG file you extracted in the first step, then select the one modified by your mod, and ChangeEdit will compare them and create modifiers for the differences. As far as I can tell from your changes nothing will need to be manually adjusted for those modifiers, they could be used as is. Repeat for all the above mentioned DLG files.

Make sure the "Replace file" checkbox is not checked, and that the Destination field is set to "override".

In the "Script source" section add sacrifice.nss and trayaend.nss to the list and check the "Replace existing" checkbox for both.

Place trayaend.nss in the tslpatchdata folder and open it. Replace the line:
int nAmbientMusic = 60;
...with...
int nAmbientMusic = #2DAMEMORY2#;
This will insert the line number of the new line added to ambientmusic.2da (which was stored in 2DAMEMORY2 earlier) instead of #2DAMEMORY2# before the script is recompiled.

Place sacrifice.nss in the tslpatchdata folder and open it. Replace the line:
int nAmbientMusic = 59;
...with...
int nAmbientMusic = #2DAMEMORY1#;
This too will insert the line number of the new line added to ambientmusic.2da (which was stored in 2DAMEMORY1 earlier) instead of the token before the script is recompiled.

Compile the traya.nss, atris.nss, core.nss, nihilus.nss and polar.nss files, and put their resulting NCS files in the tslpatchdata folder. Since those scripts don't need any of their content changed (as far as I can tell) it's unnessecary to have the installer compile them and you might as well include the NCS files directly.

On the "Install Files" panel, add traya.ncs, atris.ncs, core.ncs, nihilus.ncs and polar.ncs to the install list, check the replace checkbox for each and set the foldername to "override".

Add all the MP3 files to the install list. Set the folder name to "StreamMusic" instead of override to have them placed into that folder, check the "Replace" box. Then move all the mp3 files directly into the tslpatchdata folder. This will allow the installer to put them in place automatically.

If there is an nsspatch_temp folder inside the tslpatchdata folder, delete it. It's a temporary work folder that got left behind when the script compiler crashed. (The unmodified NSS scripts are temporarily put inside this folder by the installer while the token-replaced NSS scripts are used to compile the scripts to NCS files, after which they should be moved back out into tslpatchdata and the temp folder automatically deleted.)

Test that the installation works without problems. Temporarily change the loglevel to 4 and install location to "User selected" (on the Settings panel), create a new folder and copy your game's dialog.tlk file into this folder. In this folder also create two folders named override and StreamMusic. Then run the installer and select this new folder as the game folder. As long as the dialog.tlk file is present within the installer will accept it and install into this folder. Keep an eye on the progress log for any errors or warnings.
 Vegard Aune
09-02-2006, 3:09 PM
Well, thanks for the update. I didn't actually check the file yet, but I guess you already did all the stuff you advised me to do there. I'll be sure to add a little credit-list for the next update. (Should be out soon enough, as I also have to fix a little error in the music-table, where I forgot about one theme.)
 DarklordVashna
09-02-2006, 6:38 PM
Thank you so very much Stoffe for the info.

You see, this is what makes you modders such cool people on this website - always vigilant at coming up with new stuff and always available to offer help.

Thanks
DV
 Vegard Aune
09-17-2006, 2:37 PM
I have a problem with version 1.2 of the mod: I was planning to change the music on the character-select screen, but although I changed the theme in the 2da-file, the music on the select-screen stayed the same... Does anybody know what to do?

Additionally, I want to replace all of the battle-themes in the game. Does anyone have any suggestions for these themes?
Ebon Hawk Battle
Citadel Station Battle
Jekk'Jekk Tarr Battle

And also, do you think removing all the "battle suspense"-pieces is a good idea? I occasionally find them pretty disturbing. (Peragus is the worst case, as the battle theme there starts pretty low and ends very loudly.)
 Temp3rMental
09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
The music sounds awesome, but I also get that error mentioned a few posts above when installing. I have no clue how to fix it (even with the directions Stoffe posted).

Is there any other (simpler) way of getting this to work?
Even if I do get the error, would all the other (unaffected) files work?
 Vegard Aune
09-19-2006, 1:12 AM
The music sounds awesome, but I also get that error mentioned a few posts above when installing. I have no clue how to fix it (even with the directions Stoffe posted).

Is there any other (simpler) way of getting this to work?
Even if I do get the error, would all the other (unaffected) files work?
I don't know, but as I said, I think the mod works fine even though that message keeps popping up.
 Temp3rMental
09-19-2006, 1:29 PM
Ok, I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
 stingerhs
09-19-2006, 2:32 PM
this thread is closed due to possible legal concerns. it may be reopened in the future pending discussion among the other moderators.
Page: 1 of 1