Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Influence bug

Page: 1 of 1
 jxxx22
08-15-2006, 4:56 PM
Im looking for some mod to fix this.

If u are dark mastery and have 100 influence with a npc, he/she will be dark mastery also, but if u get any dark point, he/she will be light mastery, this happens with light mastery too.

only way i found to fix it, is save and load, but have any MOD-PATCH to fix it?

Thanks.
 Darth InSidious
08-15-2006, 5:08 PM
Have you checked the Team Gizka web-page?

http://www.team-gizka.org)

If not, then it is unlikely a patch has been made, though it would be worth investigating...
 jxxx22
08-15-2006, 5:17 PM
Have you checked the Team Gizka web-page?

http://www.team-gizka.org)

If not, then it is unlikely a patch has been made, though it would be worth investigating...

yea i already checked there, no fix :(
 Darth InSidious
08-15-2006, 6:14 PM
Oh.
Hmmm...I'm afraid I can't think of any solutions...I can't see what could be causing this bug...What mods have you installed, and also, do you have the 1.1 patch released by OE?
 jxxx22
08-15-2006, 6:50 PM
i have the patch 1.0b (auto update), my mods are USM, High Level Force Powers, Prestiege Class Robe & Saber Pack, Achilles Game Balance Mod.

but this bug is happening with or without mods.
 HouseOfAmon
08-15-2006, 7:40 PM
Its a game bug, not a mod bug, trust me, I was/am working on fixing this off and on, it can be done..
 mjpb3
08-15-2006, 7:55 PM
Yes, this is a game bug. I've had this happen NUMEROUS times on my XBox before I ever even played the PC version. (And before modding my XBox.)

No matter what mod I use to fix this, it still happens - in a modded game and unmodded game. So I guess it is a game glitch that is possibly unfixable...
 HouseOfAmon
08-16-2006, 4:26 AM
Alright, after posting earlier, I decided to work on the fix a bit, I now have a working fix for this, it was very easy as I thought, the hard part is going to be implementing it, at the moment I have it attached to an armband,
 goldberry
08-16-2006, 4:27 AM
Nothing is unfixable.
It's already been said that we COULD edit the onenter scripts or heartbeat scripts, it's just that it would make it majoritly incompatible with other mods, which for ease of use, we don't want to go buggering up other people's work (it's not like using 2da files which can easily be edited to update for other mods.).

EDIT: This was a reply to the post two up from this, but the above poster beat me to the post message button.
 mjpb3
08-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Nothing is unfixable.
It's already been said that we COULD edit the onenter scripts or heartbeat scripts, it's just that it would make it majoritly incompatible with other mods, which for ease of use, we don't want to go buggering up other people's work (it's not like using 2da files which can easily be edited to update for other mods.).

EDIT: This was a reply to the post two up from this, but the above poster beat me to the post message button.

As I already wrote, every mod that I have used that tried to fix this in game glitch never really did anything other than make the problem worse.

I would be delighted for someone to make a mod that REALLY did fix this, but as far as I know, no one has been able to yet, and possibly no one ever will since it appears to be an in game glitch, as far as I can see because it has happened to me playing on my XBox version of the game on an (at the time) unmodded XBox and a fairly new copy of the game.

If someone can fix it, more power to you. :D :thumbsup:

But as far as I am concerned, because I have yet to find a mod that REALLY fixed this, I'll wait and see...
 HouseOfAmon
08-16-2006, 5:03 PM
As I already wrote, every mod that I have used that tried to fix this in game glitch never really did anything other than make the problem worse.

I would be delighted for someone to make a mod that REALLY did fix this, but as far as I know, no one has been able to yet, and possibly no one ever will since it appears to be an in game glitch, as far as I can see because it has happened to me playing on my XBox version of the game on an (at the time) unmodded XBox and a fairly new copy of the game.

If someone can fix it, more power to you. :D :thumbsup:

But as far as I am concerned, because I have yet to find a mod that REALLY fixed this, I'll wait and see...

I have already said, like three times, I have fixed the bug, I even asked Team Gizka if they want to implement it into their mod to make it permanent, for right now you have to activate the fix when the problem occurs, I have already finished this version, I am starting work on the version that can be used on a map objects heartbeat(all of the maps) to totally fix it..

So look forward to seeing the fix soon.
 mjpb3
08-16-2006, 6:02 PM
I have already said, like three times, I have fixed the bug, I even asked Team Gizka if they want to implement it into their mod to make it permanent, for right now you have to activate the fix when the problem occurs...

And as I have written already, I have used other mods boasting the same thing - that they fixed the problem. But as I also wrote, I'll wait and see before becoming too excited...

If you have actually fixed the influence glitch - congratulations. But until I actually see it working in my game, I shall remain dubious.

I don't mean to belittle or put down your mod at all. But understand, I have download every mod I could find that supposedly fixed the influence glitch but none of them lived up to the challenge, so until I actually see it working...
 Dashus
08-16-2006, 6:52 PM
Keep in mind that any solution to this will be a hack solution; yes you could add something to the heartbeat of every module checking for it but that's sort of overkill. The real fix would be to modify the influence sign inversion issue in the exe that's causing this. But we don't have access to that.
 HouseOfAmon
08-16-2006, 7:10 PM
Keep in mind that any solution to this will be a hack solution; yes you could add something to the heartbeat of every module checking for it but that's sort of overkill. The real fix would be to modify the influence sign inversion issue in the exe that's causing this. But we don't have access to that.

Hacks work just the same as the real thing, sometimes better... Case, and point being my version works, the games doesnt.. ;)
 HouseOfAmon
08-16-2006, 7:54 PM
edited...
---------
Removed old info
 jxxx22
08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
how this fix will work?
 HouseOfAmon
08-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Edited
-------
Old information..
 jxxx22
08-18-2006, 2:12 PM
well, thx for this mod, but i think its useless, because it will not fix the bug just reedit the alignment and i dont need a mod todo it, just save/load. anyway thx again
 Pavlos
08-18-2006, 6:10 PM
Why not modify the on spawn scripts for the party NPCs? You add in a check to see if the character is player made, if so then cancel (Seeing as how the scripts run on the player too) if not, edit the alignment as needed. That way you don't have to use an armband. However, it will cause compatibility issues with other mods that edit those scripts.
 HouseOfAmon
08-18-2006, 8:24 PM
edited...
========

Useless info..
 Pavlos
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Heartbeats are once every six seconds, and I don't see where I said the mod was useless... I'm sorry if I came across this way :( - I don't see how I would have but sorry all the same.

I have never encountered this bug so I'm not sure how it works. I was under the impression that the alignments changed upon entering a new area, a spawn script would solve it. But evidently, I was wrong.
 stoffe
08-19-2006, 1:33 PM
Heartbeats are once every six seconds, and I don't see where I said the mod was useless...

Actually, a round appears to be 3 seconds long in TSL, so the heartbeats fire every 3 seconds. :)
 HouseOfAmon
08-19-2006, 7:23 PM
Pavlos..
No it was a misunderstanding, I was talking to the guy who posted one post above you jXxx something or other, you're fine. I dont see how you have never noticed the bug though, must be lucky..

I cant stand the thing, I had Atton equipped with dark side restricted robe and saber, like every ten seconds it seemed like I would turn around and he was unarmed, and naked..

Stoffe..

So its every 3 seconds, that would work too, even better really, the bug could occur still, and more often, but you wouldnt have to do anything to fix it, but wait.. That would make it less likely to cause fps problems than at every one second though, so its even better depsite the downside...

But honestly, the script is less than 22 lines of code, not counting the declared variables section, and only 11 of the lines ever work at any given time, so basically the script execution time is less than one second..

Stoffe, I got a question, I heard someone ask about making new feats, and think it was you, that said that you could but, they had to be scripted, how does this work, if its on a constant effect feat, could I make the script run constantly by attaching it to that, or does only activate once per area, or what.. This might be another route I take..

Peace..

BTW, does lucasfiles always take so long getting the mods up, I am beginning to wonder if there was a problem..
 stoffe
08-19-2006, 8:01 PM
But honestly, the script is less than 22 lines of code, not counting the declared variables section, and only 11 of the lines ever work at any given time, so basically the script execution time is less than one second..

Script execution usually only takes a few milliseconds unless you have some insanely long scripts with plenty of loops. The game engine automatically kills scripts that takes longer than a couple of seconds to run, assuming they're stuck in an infinite loop.

Script execution itself usually don't cause any noticable slowdowns unless stuck in infinite or massive loops. It's things the scripts do that cause the engine to load or write things to/from the harddrive that can make the game "hickup" briefly. The most noticable is when spawning a group of new creatures who have lots of things in their inventory.

Many creatures (15+ on my fairly old computer) running complex scripts such as the combat AI simultaneously may also produce some slowdowns that are noticable, though their pathfinding and models are likely bigger causes for slowdowns. (Pathfinding in particular can seemingly to cause hideous slowdowns in some areas. I can get single-digit FPS rates in the main hallway of the citadel station living quarters until I make the random commoners stop walking around and stand still. :))

Stoffe, I got a question, I heard someone ask about making new feats, and think it was you, that said that you could but, they had to be scripted, how does this work, if its on a constant effect feat, could I make the script run constantly by attaching it to that, or does only activate once per area, or what..

Feats (with a few exceptions that are hardcoded to trigger "spells", like Wookiee Rage) don't run any scripts at all, this is the main problem with adding new feats that do anything meaningful. New feats can primarily act as "status flags", indicating to scripts running elsewhere that special conditions should apply to that character. You can do that by using the GetFeatAcquired() function in those scripts to see if the character has a particular custom feat, and if so do something accordingly.

BTW, does lucasfiles always take so long getting the mods up, I am beginning to wonder if there was a problem..

It seems to vary a bit. The first few files I submitted there took roughly a week before they got posted. A later batch took nearly a month and a half, though I suspect the site staff was on vacation or something since it was now recently during the summer. :)

If you're in a hurry to make something available you can submit your files to KotorFiles as well, it seems it just takes a few days for them to appear there.
 Pavlos
08-19-2006, 8:55 PM
Actually, a round appears to be 3 seconds long in TSL, so the heartbeats fire every 3 seconds. :)

I'm obviously working off a somewhat corrupted knowledge base then :p. Thanks for clearing that up. Damn replaying NWN...
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks Stoffe, Though I was hoping to hear that the feats could activate scripts,.. That would have been a perfect way to implement my script..

How do you stop the random ppl on citadel station from walking around, I get like 80-120 fps most places in the game, I get drug down to like 10 fps there sometimes less, it even crashes its so bad sometimes when I first arrive there, did you make a special fix?
 HouseOfAmon
08-20-2006, 3:31 AM
Started a new thread concerning v1.1 which is now up for download... So go there for more info..
Page: 1 of 1