Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tie Fighter - Mission 11/12??

Page: 1 of 1
 svguerin3
08-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Question.. It took a long time, but I finally beat missions 1 through 10 on the original Tie Fighter. To my surprise, the credits begain to roll after the final sequence of mission 10.. Afterwards, there is no option to start mission 11; I'm under the impression that there are a total of 12 missions, according to FAQs on the web. Nowhere does it state that something special has to be completed before mission 11 is accessible, though.

Is there a patch that needs to be installed to get missions 11 and 12? Was my score not high enough to proceed? I find this hard to believe, since I never avoided a secondary goal, and I probably got 75% of all bonus goals available! Please advise, I'd like to finish out this game if possible.

Addition: One note, at the time I completed mission 10, I hadn't gotten the gold medal for Missle-Boat missions yet.. Could this have screwed me on getting to mission 11?

Thanks,
-Vince
 Wildstar
08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Seems to me you've completed the first battle. At the place where you select the battle, just select the next one. Though it also appears to me the battles are shorter (in number of missions) in TIE Fighter. Which group of missions did you complete? Combat Chamber?

Note: Battle 6, Mission 3 in TIE95 is known to cause a lockup (or crash to desktop in Win2K/XP) and needs to be patched. Look here (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/tie-xcs.htm) for it (the file is linked to the "Download Now!" text at the bottom of the page...follow the instructions on the page).
 svguerin3
08-04-2006, 3:22 PM
Sorry I worded it wrong.. When I say "mission", I was meaning "battle". I have completed battles 1 through 10, all missions within each of them. I think the issue is I'm running the original Tie Fighter game, and not the Collector's Edition.. Battles 11, 12, and 13 (?) are not on the original, I don't think. I'm going to try to snag a copy of the Collectors and copy my .plt over to see if that will work.

I'll let you guys know, thanks for the quick response.
-Vince
Page: 1 of 1