Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Would we be better off?

Page: 1 of 1
 Fealiks
07-16-2006, 1:58 PM
Does anybody here think that we would actually be better off in the star wars universe? Think about it, for some reason, humans have developed enough weaponry to destroy their own race thousands of times over. As an alien coming to earth, I would feel threatened by all the weaponry, "well only a fool would build a machine gun just to shoot a spot off their nose" I would think, "they must be planning on destroying our race!"

On the other hand, in the star wars universe, a planet's goverment would be so busy trying to take out another planet, googols of miles away, it would have no time to fight with other goverments of the same planet, everyone would be united and, in effect, the planet would be in true peace.
 Pho3nix
07-16-2006, 3:16 PM
Yes. I admit I have thought about it, I guess it would be nice to leave all the worries and attachments you have on earth, and just settle in at Tatooine and drink Jawa Juice all day ;)
 PoiuyWired
07-16-2006, 3:24 PM
... or a Hutt can go take over your planet and make a miserable short live out of everyone, or someone nuked your planet so they can build a space route thru the area, or ....

Oh wait! There are those hot twi'lek chicks I always Wanted to date...

EVERYONE!!! Lets move to the galaxy far far away! :)
 St. Jimmy
07-16-2006, 8:44 PM
There might be some war on earth but there's war (big or small-time) left right and centre in the far far away galaxy. However there would be some cool upsides...
 han sala
07-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Ya I would rather live in a Star Wars universe. I would be drinking Jawa juice with Pho3nix while going on dates with Twi'leks. If we lived in a Star Wars universe there would be more girls! W00T!
 itchythesamurai
07-17-2006, 2:22 AM
Heh, has it been confirmed that Twi'leks are pretty similar in anatomy besides tentacles? I'd probably say Star Wars universe if Palpatine is not in power.
 Joetheeskimo
07-17-2006, 4:22 PM
Yeah, I think one would be better off in the Star Wars Galaxy, but it really depends where you live and how old you are.

If you're a 9-year-old on Tatooine with no father, then you're going to get sold into slavery...

If you're a 45-year-old bounty hunter who lives on Tatooine, you'll always be in danger but it'll be a heck of a lot easier to defend yourself...

If you're a 30-year-old Jedi you're going to see battle and possibly get killed...

If you're a Stormtrooper say goodbye to life...

Wheras if you're a farmer who lives on a quiet grassy planet with your family, then you'll be fine! Except it'll be stinkin' boring.
 itchythesamurai
07-18-2006, 3:23 AM
Unless you're a farmer and a squad of suspicious Stormies comes in and kills everyone.
 PoiuyWired
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, many "Stormies" are on simple guard duties which involves in bullying native people, getting high on juma, and hitting hot yum-yums off duty at the cantina... Its only the more battletrained ones that are in danger...

Also It would be a wonderful life living large Nar Shaddaa style if not more, if you are into more humanoid bodies there is enough yum-yums to choose from other than twi'leks, zeltrons would be a good one also, and Arkanians, and zabraks and cardra-fans... But there also also some more exotic ones.

More minor wars also means more opportunities. Remember there are still loads of species out there which are little beyond stone age. Think of all the exploits you can use on them, and all the money to make, hmmm...
 KyleOfHarpenden
07-26-2006, 7:57 AM
lol i'd rather be a jedi and going around saving people then accidently falling to the dark side and taking over the galaxy
 Kurgan
07-26-2006, 9:35 AM
Well adventure is one thing, but just because they have advanced technology and explored the galaxy doesn't mean they have big problems. Their problems make our problems look pretty petty by comparison, and apparently they haven't solved many of the problems we still have, like slavery, racism, poverty, etc.

It'd be a cool place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there permanently. I mean sure, who wouldn't want to go, to experience the good things... but the average person in Star Wars isn't a Jedi Knight or a high ranking noble, they're just a face in the crowd. Even Luke's life was pretty crappy and boring before he got his "big break."

And yeah, we're lead to believe the average Stormtrooper is either on perpetuate guard duty, or sent on some suicide mission because he's considered expendable. If you got to be an invincible hero who got into adventures every week, who wouldn't want to go?
 Fealiks
07-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Ok, but Luke's life wasn't crap, it was just not as exciting as the average earth...ite's life. It was tranquil and peaceful compared to our's. Like someone living on a farm I guess, not having as many day - to - day worries.

Kurgan[/b]]
And yeah, we're lead to believe the average Stormtrooper is either on perpetuate guard duty, or sent on some suicide mission because he's considered expendable. If you got to be an invincible hero who got into adventures every week, who wouldn't want to go?

Why the hell would a kamakaze pilot wear a helmet?
 Kurgan
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok, but Luke's life wasn't crap, it was just not as exciting as the average earth...ite's life. It was tranquil and peaceful compared to our's. Like someone living on a farm I guess, not having as many day - to - day worries.

Why the hell would a kamakaze pilot wear a helmet?

Well Tatooine was portrayed as on the low end of habitable SW planets... run by crime lords, poor, desolate, sparsely populated.

As for the Kamikaze pilots, I suppose either because of procedure, or just to prevent debilitating injury until they accomplished their "mission."
 Pho3nix
07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree Kurgan, Luke was pretty much fed-up with all the farming chores and what not. He desperately wanted to join his friends at "the academy".
 PoiuyWired
07-26-2006, 3:22 PM
Most people would never be satisified with what they have, so that creates every problem and solution that we had, have and will have.

Same problem, or similar versions of it, will exist nomatter what, galaxy far far away or not. Though a bigger world means bigger opportunities, and way more chances for curious types, like me.

No, I am NOT saying anything about my goal of "trying out" most species' females. (was supposed to be all, until I think of "wonderful" things like Talzs and genosians)
 Davinq
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
And if global warming ever became an issue: move to Coruscant!
 PoiuyWired
07-28-2006, 4:45 PM
No not the "global warming and Coruscant" theory again ^.^

Now lets talk about "deathstar explosion and ewok genoside"

Actually, if you get to live in the galaxy far far away, what species would you want to be? (other than hutts and those stupid humans)
 Davinq
07-28-2006, 5:02 PM
Teevans, they're all flexible :D
And I didn't intend to restart the gw/coruscant theory. It was just the first planet that came to mind when typing the post.
 han sala
07-28-2006, 5:23 PM
No not the "global warming and Coruscant" theory again ^.^

ewok genoside"

Or Gungan Genoside!
 Davinq
07-28-2006, 5:28 PM
Or... remember that blue elephant thing in Jabba's palace? Genocide HIM! That species looks like it belongs in teletubbies!
 han sala
07-28-2006, 5:30 PM
Or Wookiee AIDs! Damn Wookiees don't use protection these days.
 Davinq
07-28-2006, 5:46 PM
...um, yeah. *insert awkward silence here*

and besides, Poiuey's intention was preferred species, not genocide.
 han sala
07-28-2006, 6:10 PM
...um, yeah. *insert awkward silence here*

Lmao! Anways, we should get back on topic =P
 coupes.
07-28-2006, 7:18 PM
Lmao! Anways, we should get back on topic =P
You were never on topic... this thread fails.
Page: 1 of 1