Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

peace?

Page: 1 of 1
 starwarsnerd
07-14-2006, 12:41 PM
i was wondering if anyone thought there should be peace in the galaxy
i dont though
 Darth_Terros
07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Nope

When is there ever peace on just our own planet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars)
 PoiuyWired
07-14-2006, 1:20 PM
Peace through Nihilism!!!
That is the only way.

Either that, or we can revize the definition of war and peace. If war is defined to be something like "armed conflict between parties of at least one trillion people each" then the galaxy would be at peace for quite some time soon?
 St. Jimmy
07-15-2006, 6:53 AM
You could never have peace throughout the whole galaxy then there would be no Jedi! (or no real need anyway.) Plus, in my opinion it would be 'nice' for a while but it would get boring after a time. :tank1:
 itchythesamurai
07-15-2006, 7:42 AM
Yeah, in the Star Wars universe, there's just way too many people to get along, especially with all of their differences.
 Kurgan
07-15-2006, 4:28 PM
Well, peace in the sense of "no galactic scale war" is possible, after all, Star Wars apparently had that going on for a thousand years, until the "Clone Wars" began in the prequel era.

"Peace" in the sense of no war ANYWHERE or no crime or something would be pretty unlikely in a civilization that big though.
 Nedak
07-15-2006, 5:06 PM
Yes I belevie it is impossible for there to be 0 crime in a whole Galaxy when there are billions if not trillions of beings.
 =DEATH STAR=
07-15-2006, 8:41 PM
i was wondering if anyone thought there should be peace in the galaxy
i dont though

what galaxy do u mean? our earth (wich will never have peace) or the star wars one (wich will also never have peace i assume
 Darth_Terros
07-16-2006, 5:17 AM
Well, peace in the sense of "no galactic scale war" is possible, after all, Star Wars apparently had that going on for a thousand years, until the "Clone Wars" began in the prequel era.

Well thats not strictly true asthere was lots of small scale wars like the stark hyperspace wars.

what galaxy do u mean? our earth (wich will never have peace) or the star wars one (wich will also never have peace i assume

What galaxy do you think he means? seeing as he's posting on a starwars forum of course its the starwars galaxy!
 Nedak
07-16-2006, 2:43 PM
Ya seriously what are you talking about DEATHSTAR?

P.S No spamming.
 Darth_Terros
07-16-2006, 3:18 PM

what did you vote for? i voted for.......oh god i cant remeber :smash:

dont mind this post

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167598)

Just a couple of examples and yes your deffinatley spamming think before you post, there are rules for these forums you should read.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362)
 Pho3nix
07-16-2006, 4:15 PM
Not really, a Universe without excitement and danger? no thanks.
 PoiuyWired
07-16-2006, 4:26 PM
You could never have peace throughout the whole galaxy then there would be no Jedi! (or no real need anyway.) Plus, in my opinion it would be 'nice' for a while but it would get boring after a time. :tank1:

Even with "peace" Jedis have its use, from saving people out of deadly Natural Desicsters to stopping a whildlife rampage to saving grandma's pet gundark trapped on the lamp post...
 urluckyday
07-16-2006, 8:08 PM
No...no peace...maybe for short periods of time, but war is inevitable no matter what...besides...it wouldn't be any fun w/out war in the galaxy...
 St. Jimmy
07-16-2006, 9:40 PM
Even with "peace" Jedis have its use, from saving people out of deadly Natural Desicsters to stopping a whildlife rampage to saving grandma's pet gundark trapped on the lamp post...

That's true, but if none of that stuff happened either they could always open a "Force-Burger" chain! mmm... Force-fries...
 Kurgan
07-17-2006, 9:21 AM
That's true, but if none of that stuff happened either they could always open a "Force-Burger" chain! mmm... Force-fries...

Now there's a fan film I wouldn't mind seeing... ;)
 TK-8252
07-18-2006, 1:59 PM
Stupid thread that fails.

It's called Star WARS people, geez.
 Prime
07-18-2006, 4:05 PM

"Peace" in the sense of no war ANYWHERE or no crime or something would be pretty unlikely in a civilization that big though.This is something I think the EU could really use to its advantage. Not every story has to be a galaxy spanning threat!
 PoiuyWired
07-18-2006, 4:35 PM
Well, there are some Star Wars related EU(or infinites) thats not about Wars and Galatic threats. For starters theres the whole Ewok series. Also some background stories here and there that has nothing to do with Wars.

But yeah Star Peace won't make much of an interesting title.
 Prime
07-19-2006, 3:27 PM
Sure, there are some, I'm just saying that there are too many of the galaxy-spanning-threat variety.
 Darth_Terros
07-19-2006, 5:40 PM
The Han solo Trilogy - Paradise Snare

its awesome!! and theres no galatic threat and it explains about han and oh god its great!!

Yeah i would go into more detail about how awesome it is but im very drunk so take my word for it try and find it!.
 PoiuyWired
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Even with those EU stories there is plenty of blasters and things going on...

Maybe we should ask for a series like "Gungan's Petting Zoo" or something. Or go back to the old ewoks cartoons. But even those have little skirmishes sometimes. And lets not forget ewoks barely survive a genoside by the Alliance. :3
 Black Jesus
07-27-2006, 7:32 PM
With peace, there would be no SW books, movies, games etc.

Don't forget all of those are rooted in story-telling. Stories require conflict. Not necessarily war, but action and development.

Therefore, SW needs conflict of some sort. All forms of entertainment of this nature do.
Page: 1 of 1