Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sherruk - Attacks With Lightsabers

Page: 1 of 1
 Shem
07-04-2006, 4:38 AM
Title: Sherruk - Attacks With Lightsabers
Author: Shem
Date Released: 7/4/06

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/8532.html)

Updated Link
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sherruk_Attacks_With_Lightsabers;63418)

Description: What this does is have Sherruk, the Mandalorian who collects lightsabers for trophies on Dantooine, attack you with one lightsaber in each hand. Also, Sherruk will have more than two lightsabers when you defeat him. He'll have one of each kind, a total of seven lightsabers for you to collect. He also has some other good surprises in his inventory.

The inspiration for this mod comes from General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith. He liked to collect lightsabers and even fought with them. So I decided to make Sherruk like this. Sherruk does mention that he collects lightsabers, and having only two in his inventory how he originally comes, made him look a little weak in my opinion. Now having seven lightsabers to collect makes him look more like he was more of a threat. The seven lightsabers come in each color (blue, red, green, yellow, purple, HotG, MotF).

Instructions: Put the .utc file, and the .uti file in the override directory folder and enjoy Sherruk now attacking you with lightsabers.

This mod is compatible with my Mandalorian Assault Armor mod. If you have this mod, the file "g_a_class9013" will ask if you want to override the file. Just click "yes" since it is the same file. If you have modified it for your personal use, just say "no".

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8463/sherruk0za.jpg)
 Darkkender
07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Nice Shem. I guess I'm going to have to post a 4th of July Lightsaber Weilding wookie mod now.
 Lit Ridl
07-05-2006, 3:23 AM
Very easy to make, but idea is nice (good), Shem!
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Very easy to make, but idea is nice (good), Shem!

It might be nice if you would avoid stating to people that a mod is a little easy to make. Many of us make these mods because others who either don't want to mod or are uncomfortable with modding request them. Statements on peoples release threads saying it is "Very easy to make" pose the question of why didn't you do it then? Also this particular mod requires a technical eye for detail to make sure things work without a hitch because of the outward appearance of ease.

So to Shem once again I say Good on you.
 Inyri
07-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Well put, Darkkender. I wish more people had that kind of common sense, honestly. Hearing that kind of comment over and over gets incredibly tiresome.

I actually popped this bad boy in the other day while I was on Dantooine for the first time. That dark Sherruk was so powerful I had to wait until after finishing my second planet before I could (barely) go back and kick his butt. As always, Shem, lovely work. I love to see (and use) all the mods you put out :).
 Arбtoeldar
07-08-2006, 12:15 PM
It might be nice if you would avoid stating to people that a mod is a little easy to make. Many of us make these mods because others who either don't want to mod or are uncomfortable with modding request them. Statements on peoples release threads saying it is "Very easy to make" pose the question of why didn't you do it then? Also this particular mod requires a technical eye for detail to make sure things work without a hitch because of the outward appearance of ease.

So to Shem once again I say Good on you.

Well stated Darkkender. Sometime just merging mods can be a royal pain in the ***.

Another great mod Shem.
 Pavlos
07-08-2006, 1:46 PM
Very easy to make

You have really got to stop saying that. I'm sorry, but I've seen you post those words twice now, and it belittles the effort that some people put into their mods. I don't mean to shout, but what you find easy may not be as easy to others. For example: I find modeling impossible to do and if I released a lightsaber hilt after many months of working to be told that it was incredibly easy to make... it would undoubtedly be frustrating.

Anyway, looks good, Shem. I always wondered why Sherruk didn't use those lightsabers :).
 ChAiNz.2da
07-10-2006, 10:07 AM
OK Gang, I think Lit gets the point.. let's jump off the bandwagon and get back to feedback on the mod.. ;)

Which BTW, Shem looks great! I can't give a true feedback, since I'm a slacker and have yet to re-install the game.. but this mod is on the "load list" once I do get around to playing the game :D
 Kainzorus Prime
07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Very stylish mod.
 Shem
07-13-2006, 5:34 AM
UPDATED!

Since PCGM is down and we don't know when it will be up again, I have a new link for this mod. Hopefully PCGM will work again!
 Dirtnose
07-18-2006, 4:04 PM
What a Great Mod! Well Done Shem!

edit: Hes Only Attacking With Swords for me not lightsabers :( any ideas why?
Page: 1 of 1