Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ultimate Sound Mod for both KOTOR & TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Shem
07-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Updated on 7/4/06

Title: Ultimate Sound Mod for both KOTOR & TSL
Author: Shem
Date Released: 7/1/06

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/8794.html)

Updated Link
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Sound_Mod_for_both_KOTOR_amp_TSL;64759)

Description: What this does is give new sounds to both of the KOTOR games (KOTOR, and KOTOR II:TSL).Each of the blasters now make sounds you here from the Classic Star Wars Trilogy and Han Solo's blaster. The lightsabers have new on/off sounds. Each class of lightsaber (standard, short, double) has their own on/off sound. Two of the on sounds are from Luke Skywalker's lightsaber. The other one is the sound of a Sith lightsaber. They also have new saber swing sounds. Most of them you can hear from the Classic Trilogy from Luke Skywalker's and Darth Vader's lightsabers. Also the saber throw now has a saber sound to it that directly came from Darth Maul's lightsaber. The saber hum sound is one from Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber.

Force Lightning has a new sound you taken from Count Dooku. I also changed the Destroy Droid Force Powers to make that sound too. The Force Choke sound has been changed. It's based on the sound you can hear in the cut scene when Bastila confronts Revan. If you watch the scene, Revan Force Chokes a Republic soldier, and the Force Choke sound is based on that one. For K2, The Force Crush is fixed and has a sound that you can hear the bones get crushed. A very graphic sound.

Instructions: Put all the 2da and wave files in the override directory folder and enjoy. If you don't have one for TSL, just simply create one. KOTOR already comes with one. I marked each of the games folders to which files go into which game. It very important to do it that way, especially with the 2da files or you will corrupt your games if you don't do it right.

Mod Compatibility: These mods are compatible with many other mods that use 2da files. This includes...

K1 Version
-Make T3 into a Workbench by Mono_Giganto
-Easy Warping Armband v.1.0.1 by Darth333

K2 Version
-Ultimate Saber Mod by T7, Darth333, ChAiNz.2da, Seprithro, and Svцsh
-Force Choke Anyone by Darth333
-Dark Sword by ChAiNz.2da
-Where Am I Armband by Darth333
-Defender's Wrist Console 1.9 by Mrdefender

Updated: Just made Darth333's Easy Warping Armband compatible with the K1 version.

Terms of Use: If you want to use the work I have done in a future mod, just please give me credit for what you used.
 The Doctor
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Dude, sweet. This is incredible. Nice work. :D
 Shem
07-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Dude, sweet. This is incredible. Nice work. :DThanks! :D

The one thing I really hope people take notice is the fact that the Saber Throw now has a lightsaber spin sound (directly from Darth Maul's lightsaber). By default, the game made the saber throw use the "Use Force" sound instead of lightsaber sounds. That has now been fixed with this mod. I really love hearing it when Bastila throws her lightsaber at Darth Malak on the Leviathan.
 Lit Ridl
07-02-2006, 8:42 AM
Good work, Shem! Thank you! Question: How could you upload it on pcgamemods? PM me to say it.
 EbonH4wK
07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Great Job !!
 Kainzorus Prime
07-02-2006, 3:24 PM
We officially have sound editing god.
 Lantzen
07-02-2006, 6:30 PM
Nice. Already have some of you sounds mod, so this should be good

Edit: The spells.2da want to overwrite a earlier spells.2da, from D333 warpband mod, if i overwrite it, will it mess anything up?
 Kainzorus Prime
07-02-2006, 7:44 PM
Assuming 'warpband' is Whereami armband, you may overwrite it.

Its posted up there these two mods are compatibile.
 Lantzen
07-03-2006, 5:15 AM
This armband is for Kotor1, not Kotor2. And in the readme there is one file that is compatibile for Kotor1, and that is Make T3 into a Workbenc. So im wating for Shem to answer this one
 Darkkender
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I hate to ask Shem what mod did this replace at pcgamemods?

Unfortunately Zat this mod is not compatible with Darth333's warpband/spawnband. That mod was designed more for testing purposes rather than anything else at many people in the hayday of K1 didn't make there mods compatible with a modding tool mod.
 Shem
07-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I hate to ask Shem what mod did this replace at pcgamemods?It was an old Jedi Academy mod that really isn't needed anymore. So that should be good news.

Unfortunately Zat this mod is not compatible with Darth333's warpband/spawnband. That mod was designed more for testing purposes rather than anything else at many people in the hayday of K1 didn't make there mods compatible with a modding tool mod.Is this the mod?

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/6831.html)

If so, I could do an updated version to make it compatible. Let me know if this interests you, Zat, and the rest of you.
 Lantzen
07-04-2006, 3:24 AM
Yes, it's that mod. And i would be interestsd in a update, thanks you in advance Shem
 Shem
07-04-2006, 4:28 AM
Yes, it's that mod. And i would be interestsd in a update, thanks you in advance ShemSince it is a popular mod, I updated it. It's now compatible with Darth333's Easy Warping Armband.
 Lantzen
07-04-2006, 4:36 AM
Thank you, now im gonna enjoy some new sounds
 gamiath
07-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I loved the sounds you put into this mod, but I didn't have it for very long. There was some conflict with the other mods that I have installed. I have:

The USM
High level force powers
Defender's console

It took away the ability to use the wrist console, but the other two mods still worked. I wiped my override folder and reinstalled all the mods except the sound mod and everything is fine again.

I have no idea how to design and code mods so I won't insult your intelligence by trying tell you what to do.
 Shem
07-11-2006, 2:27 AM
I loved the sounds you put into this mod, but I didn't have it for very long. There was some conflict with the other mods that I have installed. I have:

The USM
High level force powers
Defender's consoleIt's not compatible with with the High Level Force Powers. That would be your problem.

What you could do since I believe Stoffe used the TSL Patcher for her mod is to Reinstall the High Level Force Powers mod after you put the .2da files from my mod.

You can still use this mod without the spells.2da files in the TSL version of this mod. You just won't have the Force Crush fixed, and you won't hear the lightsaber make a spinning sound when it's thrown.
 gamiath
07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, I tried it and now it will recognize the wrist console and do the animation but nothing happens. Oh well. I wonder, is there is any way of just copying the respective sound files over to my override without using the TSL patcher?

Thanks for your help Shem
 Shem
07-13-2006, 5:35 AM
UPDATED!

Since PCGM is down and we don't know when it will be up again, I have a new link for this mod. Hopefully PCGM will work again!
 RC-1162
07-13-2006, 6:53 AM
good job, Shem. i always preferred the Darth Vader lightsaber ignition sounds to the normal Jedi lightsabers.

and one more thing: could you guid me to the "Make t3 into a workbench" mod that you mentioned in your forst post? thanks.
 Shem
07-13-2006, 3:58 PM
and one more thing: could you guid me to the "Make t3 into a workbench" mod that you mentioned in your forst post? thanks.I would love to except that right now PCGM isn't working. I truly hope Sergio will actually fix the entire site because I love uploading mods there.

Anyway, that's why I updated my links last night to another site so people would be able to find 'em.
 tk102
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Shem,

I've been in contact with Ourboros about some KSE crashes he's been experiencing. It seems to stem from using your Ultimate Sound Mod's distribution of spells.2da which contains references to Darth333's Force Choke Anyone mod. He doesn't have that mod installed and so his dialog.tlk does not have the custom entries for supporting the spells.2da StrRefs. You may want to remove support for that mod or provide a TSLPatcher installation for the Ultimate Sound Mod to avoid this problem.
 Shem
06-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Shem,

I've been in contact with Ourboros about some KSE crashes he's been experiencing. It seems to stem from using your Ultimate Sound Mod's distribution of spells.2da which contains references to Darth333's Force Choke Anyone mod. He doesn't have that mod installed and so his dialog.tlk does not have the custom entries for supporting the spells.2da StrRefs. You may want to remove support for that mod or provide a TSLPatcher installation for the Ultimate Sound Mod to avoid this problem.The support to Darth333's Force Choke armband was only released on PCGM. The version on FileFront does not. Besides, I could never figure out how to use the TSL Patcher anyway. ;)

If I remember correctly, the spells.2da file was used so that the lightsaber would make a twirl sound when thrown. He doesn't need it if he doesn't care for that feature. ;)
 tk102
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
The support to Darth333's Force Choke armband was only released on PCGM. The version on FileFront does not. Besides, I could never figure out how to use the TSL Patcher anyway. ;)

If I remember correctly, the spells.2da file was used so that the lightsaber would make a twirl sound when thrown. He doesn't need it if he doesn't care for that feature. ;)
I discovered this issue by downloading the file from FileFront. :o
 Ourboros
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Hmm thats odd shem, i downloaded my Ultimate Sound Mod version from filefront. Perhaps you updated and forgot?

That aside we fixed it by locating FORCE_POWER_CHOKEF | 136329 | 136330 and changeing the numbers 136329 and 136330 to ****
 Shem
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh, I just checked, that was the warp band support that was released on PCGM. It's been so long since I've released the mod that my memory is a little fuzzy with those sort of things. :doh:
 SykoRevan
06-25-2007, 2:04 PM
I had the same problem, and it only seems to stem from the TSL version of the mod, and the problem went away as soon as I installed Stoffe's High Level Force Power mod, which also used spells.2da.
 Suikotsu
07-01-2007, 4:00 PM
Hello I recently re-installed my game. I was wondering, is this compatible with Wotor 1.0?
 PrimusPilus
03-13-2008, 4:16 PM
Hello Shem,

Could you please list the lines in baseitems.2da and the lines in spells.2da that you changed? I can figure out what you changed on each line, I just want to ensure I make ALL the changes and get all the lines. I have a custom baseitems and spells.2da file and just want to merge them.

Thanks in advance!

PrimusPilus
 Shem
03-13-2008, 7:57 PM
Hello Shem,

Could you please list the lines in baseitems.2da and the lines in spells.2da that you changed? I can figure out what you changed on each line, I just want to ensure I make ALL the changes and get all the lines. I have a custom baseitems and spells.2da file and just want to merge them.

Thanks in advance!

PrimusPilusYou mean have me do all that work for you? If you're going to be editing this yourself, why don't you just open your custom baseitems.2da and spells.2da file and compare them to your custom ones? That's what I do when I'm making the manual changes myself with other people's mods that do not use the TSL Patcher.

I will tell you things to look for:

-Look for the sound file names I'm using for the .wav files and see which ones are used in the baseitems.2da file. This is so the short, standard, and double-bladed lightsabers have their own custom on and off sounds.

-The spells.2da file is used so the saber throw makes a lightsaber noise and to fix the Force Crush in TSL.
 jonathan7
07-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Heya Shemmybaby!

I'm experiencing a rather random intermittent error with the saber on buzz (a rather nasty alarm kind of sound, what's strange is sometimes the buzz is fine and other times not).

I do have various other mods installed (WotOR, being the biggest) - no other sound ones though. (Your sound mod was the first, then the others edited baseitems via the patcher). Anyways, I compared the baseitems.2da in my override, with the original one in your mod - and no difference there with regard lightsabers, so I'm a little bit confused by the error.

You got any ideas? Sorry to be a pain bud.
 Shem
07-20-2008, 8:23 AM
Heya Shemmybaby!

I'm experiencing a rather random intermittent error with the saber on buzz (a rather nasty alarm kind of sound, what's strange is sometimes the buzz is fine and other times not).

I do have various other mods installed (WotOR, being the biggest) - no other sound ones though. (Your sound mod was the first, then the others edited baseitems via the patcher). Anyways, I compared the baseitems.2da in my override, with the original one in your mod - and no difference there with regard lightsabers, so I'm a little bit confused by the error.

You got any ideas? Sorry to be a pain bud.I'm a little lost by this weird sound you're talking about. I guess it would be something I would have to "hear" in order to understand or what could be causing it.
 jonathan7
07-20-2008, 9:05 AM
I'm a little lost by this weird sound you're talking about. I guess it would be something I would have to "hear" in order to understand or what could be causing it.

It's strange, I fixed it by overwriting your saber sounds with Oddball's sabersounds and it fixed the problem. Presumably my soundcard, wasn't happy with your saberbuzz - as it can't be anything else given the above fixed it.
 LazyAmerican
07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm confused as to how to get the computer to recognize the fact that I have the datapad to construct it...was there something else I'm missing or is that the only thing you need?
 TriggerGod
07-20-2008, 1:36 PM
I'm confused as to how to get the computer to recognize the fact that I have the datapad to construct it...was there something else I'm missing or is that the only thing you need?

Errm, wrong thread. This is the other USM.
As for your question, as long as you have the datapad from the Czerka Military Base, and you are using the computer on Dantooine near the docks, then it should work. Do you have any other mods installed?
 Acleacius
01-14-2011, 6:45 AM
Thanks for your work on this mod. :)

Since there are so many mods that use 2DAs without the TSL patcher, could I just rename each of your sound files to the name of the file you are actually replacing? Or is there some issue where .wav files won't play from the Override folder?

Thanks for any tips.
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-05-2012, 7:41 PM
is the baseitems.2da of this mod compatible with the baseitems.2da of the Segan Wyndh's Armor mod?
Page: 1 of 1