Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tools: which to use?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jabba da Butt
06-30-2006, 6:47 PM
I am just going to try to get started on modding, but before I do anything, I would like to download all the various tools that I might need to help mod the game. Here's the catch. I don't have any spare money to spend on modding tools. So, what I'm asking is basically "is it possible to mod Kotor 2 without spending any money on tools?" And, if so, than I would like if you would please list the tools I could get free, what I would need, and how I could get it. I'm all ears :ears1: . Thanks.
 Dashus
06-30-2006, 7:11 PM
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
All the tools we use are free :)
 Jabba da Butt
06-30-2006, 7:29 PM
Yay! I know that for some fancy tools you have to pay, but at the website you suggested there are tons of good tools. Im going to download them all! Thanks.
 The Source
06-30-2006, 8:23 PM
If you have Photoshop or another paint program, then you have one essential tool for retexture. It is not mentioned on the page, so I thought you may want to know.

Welcome to the forums. :)
 Torthane
07-01-2006, 2:02 PM
Do a google search for the Gimp 2.0 if you don't have photoshop or some such program. The Gimp is free, though certainly not as good as photoshop. It'll still cover most of your skinning needs. Have fun modding.
 Jabba da Butt
07-01-2006, 2:12 PM
Okay, thanks for the tips.

I have downloaded Gimp 2.0 but it says I have to download something from a website before I can run it. When I went to the website, I got a "page cannot be found" page. I dont get how I'm supposed to run it. Please help!

Nevermind, I have downloaded something and now Gimp is working fine. Thanks.
Page: 1 of 1