Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with mdlops please!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lit Ridl
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
My mdlops don't want to compile anything!!! It can compile items but after some seconds in game it freezes! One guy sais it freezes immediately! I have mdlops0-6alpha4 . Here is the error (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/Lit_Ridl/?action=view&current=error.jpg) . Any non-item models give this error (look up for screensot.). Always. How to fix both errors? Help pleeeeaaase!!!!!
 Darkkender
06-28-2006, 12:04 PM
The error you have posted is because you have told mdlops to read in a binary mdl file without the mdx file present in the same directory. If you have exported a ascii mdl file from gmax it may not have gone to the same folder that you are trying to retrieve the mdl from. That or your trying to uncompile the mdl to ascii first which in that case you need to extract the mdx file that matches your mdl file.
 Lit Ridl
06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, I have just found a little bug: I have extracted pfha05, and I needed pmha05. Thank you. And what is about my models don't want to work, or work only for few seconds?
 Darkkender
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
The error messages that mdlops outputs are actually very intuitive. Such as the one you posted above. Right off the bat it is saying that you have asked mdlops to read in a binary mdl file. However the mdx file is not in the directory with your binary mdl file so it spits out an error that the mdx file is missing.

If your trying to read in a ascii mdl file then you probably should make certain the file your trying to retrieve with mdlops is the ascii mdl file and not a binary that you have extracted with Kotor Tool.
 Lit Ridl
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
No, no, in the second post I was talking about
And what is about my models don't want to work, or work only for few seconds? . They compiles without any errors but don't work in the game (TSL)!
 Darkkender
06-28-2006, 1:44 PM
What type of models are you trying to compile? Since most models you need to user the replacer function of mdlops in order for it to even work most of the time. area models will compile and load into the game on a limited scale but we still need to edit the walkmesh. That and depending on how drastic your change is you may end up with texture loading problems.
 Lit Ridl
06-28-2006, 11:24 PM
I tried to compile heads, masks, bodies, melee, areas. And I can see working only placeables. I tried used replacer function for melee, areas, masks, heads and bodies! But game freezes rather quickly. Tomorrow I got serious system error because of it.
Forget to say, replacer works not always.
 Darkkender
06-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Well even Chuck has said that replacer function will not be able to handle everything. If you have read through it's readme and through the mdlops thread itself there is alot of discussion about the limitations still present with mdlops which in turn means that we still have alot of limitations when it comes to manipulating models.
 cchargin
06-30-2006, 3:03 AM
Hello,

You can't use replacer for skin mesh models like bodies and heads.

Also when compiling any model that has skin mesh you MUST have the original binary .mdl and .mdx in the same directory as your modified ASCII model!

If you want to send me one of your melee or mask models that you are having problems with you can find my e-mail address in the MDLOps readme.
 Lit Ridl
06-30-2006, 3:23 AM
Thank you Cchargin! I will send you them after organizing my models folder. I will send you area model too (*.max, and -ascii).
 cchargin
07-07-2006, 1:11 AM
Hello,

I got the files you sent me.

I just re-installed windows a little while ago AND my CD-ROM died, so getting back to a point where I could look at your files took me a bit of time!

I noticed that your models are for K2, but your naming looks like it's from K1. Are your .uti files also in K1 format? Try re-creating your .uti files starting from K2 source files. And also change the names on everything so they match K2 naming.

I just have to say that this is too cool! I am helping someone in Russia mod a videogame! A little bit of code and a forum and suddenly I am trading e-mails with people all over the planet! Y'know I think there might be something to this interweb thingy.
 Darkkender
07-07-2006, 1:21 AM
ROFL, Interweb thingy Chuck.
 Lit Ridl
07-07-2006, 2:16 AM
Hello,

I got the files you sent me.

I just re-installed windows a little while ago AND my CD-ROM died, so getting back to a point where I could look at your files took me a bit of time!

I noticed that your models are for K2, but your naming looks like it's from K1. Are your .uti files also in K1 format? Try re-creating your .uti files starting from K2 source files. And also change the names on everything so they match K2 naming.

I just have to say that this is too cool! I am helping someone in Russia mod a videogame! A little bit of code and a forum and suddenly I am trading e-mails with people all over the planet! Y'know I think there might be something to this interweb thingy.
First of all thank you for, Chuck!!!
I can't really understand what have you wrote, sorry. :)
But now I'll check names and uti files.
And what is about area models???
They are really needed for MOTOR project!
How to be with them???
Page: 1 of 1