Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA graphics trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Ryan
06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Hello, I just registered at this forum because I have a problem getting X Wing Alliance to run properly on my system. I'm using Win XP Home Edition with SP2 installed. I have a ATI Radeon X300 video card but for some reason no matter what I do in "Video Options" the graphics are very choppy. Is there anything specific that I can do to fix this problem? I would appreciate any feedback any of you may have.

Thank you.
 Wildstar
06-12-2006, 4:15 PM
Try turning on "Alternate Pixel Centering" (or something to that effect) in your video card options. There should be an icon for your video card options in the system tray (where the clock is in the Taskbar).
 Darth Ryan
06-13-2006, 8:20 AM
I don't have an "alternative pixel centering" option on my video card adjustment screen. Is there anything else that I can do?

Ryan
 Wildstar
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, I have an nVidia card and next to no experience with ATI cards, so I'd be of little further help. :|

BattleDog's going to hate me for it, but the only thing I can suggest is trying a post on the forums @ XWA Upgrade (http://www.xwaupgrade.com), perhaps including a screenshot illustrating the problem.
 BattleDog
06-13-2006, 3:01 PM
Well first off can we have all the specs for the system? Second, are you running any programs in the background? Third, have you messed with the exe or do you have any third patry mods? Fourth, have you run a virus scan/spyware scan?

Do you have the latest version of DirectX and your graphics drivers? Do you have an internal sound card, if you have a crappy sound card it may actually be the number of channels the sound is playing on rather than the graphics.
 Wildstar
06-14-2006, 9:56 AM
I think I misunderstood his question...should've known "choppy" was referring to a framerate problem rather than one of graphics quality.
Page: 1 of 1